Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Heroic Lei Shen 25 Videos, 5.3 PTR Notes Update, April 4 Hotfixes, Pet Battle Changes

BlizzCon 2013 Tickets On Sale April 24 and 27, Why Web Based Auction House Won't Happen, Poll: Solo, With Friends or Public Games?, Blue Posts

Follow WoWDB on Twitter for a chance to win Curse Premium!

Heroic Lei Shen 25 Videos
    Method and Blood Legion both released videos of their Lei Shen kills today!

Patch 5.3 PTR Notes Update - April 4
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes
    • Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • General
        • Nimble Brew now also removes horrify effects, and reduces the duration of horrify effects and fear, and is available to all Monk specializations (formerly only available for Brewmaster and Windwalker Monks).
      • Talents
        • Ring of Peace had been redesigned. The ability forms an 8-yard sanctuary around a friendly target for 8 seconds, instantly disarming and silencing enemies within the area-of-effect for 3 seconds. Enemies that use abilities other than auto-attacks or cast spells on allies within the Ring of Peace will be disarmed and silenced for 3 seconds. Disarm and silence effects are subject to diminishing returns.

• Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • General
        • Mass Dispel no longer dispels magic effects that are normally undispellable. Cast time has been decreased to 0.5 seconds, down from 1.5 seconds for Discipline and Holy Priests.
        • Void Shift had its cooldown decreased to 5 minutes, down from 6 minutes for Discipline and Holy Priests. For Shadow Priests, cooldown has been increased to 10 minutes, up from 6 minutes, and the spell is no longer usable while in Arenas or Rated Battlegrounds.
      • Glyphs
        • Glyph of Mass Dispel has been redesigned and no longer reduces cast time. The glyph now enables Mass Dispel to dispel magic effects that are normally undispellable.
      • Discipline
        • Atonement now heals nearby friendly targets for 80% of the damage dealt, down from 100%.

• Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • General
        • Lightning Bolt can now be cast while moving.
      • Glyphs
        • New Glyph: Glyph of Lightning Shield causes Lightning Shield to reduce the amount of damage taken by 10%.
        • Glyph of Unleashed Lightning has been removed and replaced with Glyph of Lightning Shield.

• Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • General
        • Defensive Stance now decreases damage taken by 25%, up from 15%.
      • Protection
        • Unwavering Sentinel no longer increases the damage reduction of Defensive Stance by 10%.

Pet Battles
    • General
      • Fixed an issue where pet abilities that had a chance to stun were not working correctly.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Scenarios
      • Lorewalker Cho will allow heroes to take part in either faction's scenarios, so players can see what the other side has been up to.

PvP
    • Battle Fatigue now reduces the amount of healing and absorbs by 50%, up from 30%.
    • PvP Power bonus to healing for healing specializations has been increased to 100%, up from 50% for Druids, Monks, Paladins, Priests, and Shamans.
    • PvP Power bonus to healing for damage specializations has been increased to 75%, up from 25% for Druids, Monks, Paladins, Priests, and Shamans.

Items
    • Players starting on Cataclysm content can purchase level-80 gear from Iris Moonweaver in Hyjal and Erunak in Vashj'ir to more easily qualify for Blackrock Caverns and Abyssal Maw: Throne of Tides.

UI
    • When using name plates, castbars will now display for all NPCs.

Patch 5.2 Hotfixes: April 4
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Quests
    • Extended Shore Leave: This quest has been temporarily removed from quest rotation to address an issue with the Zandalari Warship.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Fixed an issue where Warlocks remained in the wrong phase at The Black Temple after completing the quest Seek the Signal.
    • Throne of Thunder
      • Durumu the Forgotten
        • During the Light Spectrum phase, Yellow Eye's cone now moves more quickly on Raid Finder difficulty.

Items
    • Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon now has a reduced chance to activate its effect for characters that are level 61-69 and its effect no longer activates for characters above level 69.

Pet Battle Accuracy Changes in Patch 5.3
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Greetings, trainers!

We wanted to take a moment to discuss some of the broad accuracy changes we’re making to Pet Battles in patch 5.3. The overarching goal behind these changes is to provide transparency to reduce the amount of uncontrolled randomness, where one miss often makes or breaks a match. Once patch 5.3 is live, you’ll see “hit chance” listed for all abilities, and this value will update if the pet is affected by abilities that increase or reduce the chance to hit.

In addition, we’ve removed the base 5% chance to dodge, and reduced the chance to miss opponents of higher levels from 5% per level to 2% per level. The end result should be that your attacks that should hit, will hit, and there’s greater incentive to get out there and fight higher-level pets for greater experience rewards.

In a turn-based game, randomness can be a lot of fun if handled correctly. Without a little randomness, the outcome of a match could be predicted to a high degree of certainty before the first swing, and that’s no fun. Randomness often works best when it is opt-in, often in exchange for greater attack power, longer duration, etc. In fact, many higher-damage battle pet abilities already had a reduced chance to hit, which will now be visible.

With the removal of the base dodge chance, we were left with a large number of abilities that now had a 100% hit chance. We’ve made a handful of minor modifications to some of these abilities, giving them greater damage in exchange for a reduced chance to hit. It’s worth noting that every battle pet type (e.g. Dragonkin) have at least one ability that hits 100% of the time, allowing you to opt-out of the randomness if you prefer a less risky strategy. (Check out the full list of basic abilities that have gained additional damage in exchange for reduced accuracy below.)

Finally, we’ve left the base 5% chance to gain a critical strike (for 1.5x damage), and +/- 10% damage variance on all abilities, at least for the time being. We believe that getting a crit generally feels good, and the damage variance is often enough to make a match a bit less predetermined without swinging the match heavily in one player’s favor.

We also wanted to thank the community for the great feedback we’ve gotten so far about Pet Battles. Keep it coming!

As noted earlier, the following basic attacks have had their damage increased by 5-15% and accuracy reduced by 5-15%:

(See Blog Post for full list)

Curse Gaming Survey
    How are you gaming in 2013? Curse is interested in your opinion! Spend a moment taking our survey and let us know how you are gaming this year!

Hearthstone Wiki
    Curse has created a nice Hearthstone wiki, with lists of all the cards, heroes, classes, and abilities. There will likely be lots to do once beta starts if you are interested in helping out!

Watching Rigg literally derp into an overcharge was the greatest moment of my life. Method's kill is about 100x cleaner, showing why Europe ALWAYS gets the kill first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pet battles has always been discouraging for me because of the seemingly often miss chance.
    I'm glad they're going to fix that to a certain degree.

RIP [Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon].

Love the nerd screams. IMHO, no other game comes close to providing that level of crazy joy! And that's what makes WoW...wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know much about the raid, what is down the stairs at the end of Method's video?

Quote Originally Posted by Kobomino View Post
    I don't know much about the raid, what is down the stairs at the end of Method's video?
    Ra-den, the bonus final boss on Heroic mode.

Also, both Method and Blood Legion have rather misleading titles. Not technically lying due to mentioning 25 man, but they seem to be ignoring the fact Paragon is actually World First. But let's not start another pointless argument, since Wrath of the Lich King ended nearly 4 years ago.

Battle Fatigue now reduces the amount of healing and absorbs by 50%, up from 30%.
    PvP Power bonus to healing for healing specializations has been increased to 100%, up from 50% for Druids, Monks, Paladins, Priests, and Shamans.

Overall nerf for pvp healing. Not sure what the point is of making both changes instead of just nerfing one. Missing something I guess.

Deleted
    I like how Method is just chit-chatting in the middle of the fight lol.

Love those miss rate changes. Unfortunately with a lot of close pet battles, all that stood between you and the win was multiple attempts until you got a perfect game of no misses.

Quote Originally Posted by getupkid55 View Post
    Overall nerf for pvp healing. Not sure what the point is of making both changes instead of just nerfing one. Missing something I guess.
    PVP Power is not currently the best thoroughput stat for healing in PVP. They were right to make changes.

Survey is now closed? Already?

10+ Year Old Account
    Love method laughing there asses off while doing the boss. I can see why they beat blood legion. I bet BL was all yelling that is why there is no sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Love method laughing there asses off while doing the boss. I can see why they beat blood legion. I bet BL was all yelling that is why there is no sound.
    Wouldn't be surprised considering half of them seem to be drugged up.

I think Shadowpriests are in for a round of QQ.

NOOOOOO NOT [Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon]!!! awkdfgkadfsh

Deleted
    When using name plates, castbars will now display for all NPCs.
    FINALLY! This is the best change in 5.3, along with normalising resilience.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Hilariously, you're right. There is another BL lei shen video on youtube, paladin PoV, with mumble on. lets just say the best part is "UGH. Can we just get a f---ing devo aura there!? We lose someone there on f---ing 40% of pulls"

Deleted
    About time they fixed the fact that abilities that "always hit if the target is xyz" were not always hitting (elementals ignoring weather aside)...hopefully this'll fix other BS stuff like misses/dodges against dots, self-harm, CC'ed/hibernating/repairing targets or the extra damage on attacks that "do double/xyz more damage if the target is xyz"