Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    Also one make sure you have as many raidbuffs in your raid, in my group we are 2 debuffs short, 4% physical and 10% Attack speed, However I give the 10% attack speed, but not the 4% physical, meaning my damage is a bit lower, and in 25mans, there are a lot more Stormlash Totems and Crit Banners, boosting their dps, as both are a 1k DPS increase for me per shaman and warrior. (we have 1 warrior and 1 shaman in our 10man)

Another thing I forgot to mention is, even if you don't have 2piece T15, you should always apply a Cobra shot during your burst (you prolly have a rapid fire+BL on most fights) active at this point it's a 1sec cast and it refreshes your Serpent Sting, making sure Serpent Sting has the power of all your agi procs (For me I believe it's 24k+ agility during burst, this significantly increases your SpS damage.
    Put a Ravager in your stable. Then when you stampede you have 4%. It's useful on 10 mans to keep 5 different buff pets just incase.

Deleted
    When comparing Megaera dps one should ALWAYS consinder the combination of heads each player is doing the boss in. For example: Ignoring green will result in a high amount of movement, lowering everyones dps and increasing SrpS contribution to the damage done ( Note: 17% sounds perfectly fine for single target application with that strategy). Ignoring the blue head on the other hand means MUCH less movement and higher dps. So, before judging anyone here by their dps done think twice and ask for their order of downing the heads!

Megaera is not Single target DPS. Well there is 1 target always that is true, but you are loosing dps during kiting the ice, deterrence on poison and new opening on each head. That is a lot of dps which is lost.
    I'm Ilvl 516 atm (with 491 weapon) and on our last kill i did 105k dps (mage and rogue (512-514ilvl) did the same dps as me, but a bit more damage done overall). Our strat is to kill red and blue heads only, so at the end there is kinda a lot of ice we need to kite, and normaly we kite with no range of head...

So if you are doing 100k+ dps, you are pretty fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Namarus View Post
    Put a Ravager in your stable. Then when you stampede you have 4%. It's useful on 10 mans to keep 5 different buff pets just incase.
    Already have that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naggash View Post
    Megaera is not Single target DPS. Well there is 1 target always that is true, but you are loosing dps during kiting the ice, deterrence on poison and new opening on each head. That is a lot of dps which is lost.
    I'm Ilvl 516 atm (with 491 weapon) and on our last kill i did 105k dps (mage and rogue (512-514ilvl) did the same dps as me, but a bit more damage done overall). Our strat is to kill red and blue heads only, so at the end there is kinda a lot of ice we need to kite, and normaly we kite with no range of head...

So if you are doing 100k+ dps, you are pretty fine.
    There is a difference between doing "fine" and improving. There will ALWAYS be something for you to improve.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Quote Originally Posted by Theodoran View Post
    When comparing Megaera dps one should ALWAYS consinder the combination of heads each player is doing the boss in. For example: Ignoring green will result in a high amount of movement, lowering everyones dps and increasing SrpS contribution to the damage done ( Note: 17% sounds perfectly fine for single target application with that strategy). Ignoring the blue head on the other hand means MUCH less movement and higher dps. So, before judging anyone here by their dps done think twice and ask for their order of downing the heads!
    I was joking with him, but 17% SS damage as SV means you're padding. Frozen heads can hurt DPS even for a hunter, but it shouldn't push SS to 17%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conando View Post
    I was joking with him, but 17% SS damage as SV means you're padding. Frozen heads can hurt DPS even for a hunter, but it shouldn't push SS to 17%.
    Before posting I checked my logs of our megeara kills. I have similar gear and my SrpS was doing around 16% of my dmg. We kill the green head only once to reset its stacks and I'm certainly not padding any meters.

I've never done that many frozen heads, but without looking at logs it sounds like you're losing a lot more damage on movement than you should be.

As a reference point, I pad and end up around 17-20% on my SS. That's without moving, but moving shouldn't result in so many lost shots that it pushes your serpent sting almost 50% higher than the 11-12% it should be on pure patchwerk.

Quote Originally Posted by vooyas View Post
    Post some logs, without it it is really hard to help with "fix my dps" issues.
    But honestly with this iLvL i think you are doing just fine and tactics is the main issue. I checked my alt logs and i've pulled ~110-115k in 516 iLvL last week 10man.
    It all comes to how many torrent of ice have you had during the fight and the raidcomp you have (lack of certain buffs/debuffs uptimes).
    Yeah i will deffenitly get logs up for everyone to see and i know my dps might be fine and what not. But im really trying to improve over all because i know i can do a good bit more dps then what im doing now. But thanks everyone for all the help. Feel free to leave more advice/suggestions, and ill have logs up very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Namarus View Post
    Ahh Okay will do, what is a good pet comp for raid when you know what your primaary pet will be, For me I always have my sporebat at because our raid lacks the 5% spell haste. So i'd like to build a good stampede comp then if you have any suggestions that is.

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 02:39 PM ----------

Also one make sure you have as many raidbuffs in your raid, in my group we are 2 debuffs short, 4% physical and 10% Attack speed, However I give the 10% attack speed, but not the 4% physical, meaning my damage is a bit lower, and in 25mans, there are a lot more Stormlash Totems and Crit Banners, boosting their dps, as both are a 1k DPS increase for me per shaman and warrior. (we have 1 warrior and 1 shaman in our 10man)

Another thing I forgot to mention is, even if you don't have 2piece T15, you should always apply a Cobra shot during your burst (you prolly have a rapid fire+BL on most fights) active at this point it's a 1sec cast and it refreshes your Serpent Sting, making sure Serpent Sting has the power of all your agi procs (For me I believe it's 24k+ agility during burst, this significantly increases your SpS damage.
    As far as raid buffs I think our group is missing attack speed and we're in the middle of finding a new dps so hopefully we can get that filled. And ill be sure to apply a cobra shot when all my trinkets proc. Thanks for all the help man Ill be doing Megaera again tonight ill let you know how it goes and hopefully ill have a log to show tonight.

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 02:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brewid View Post
    This DPS looks absolutely normal to me for this fight/ilvl. If you are having real problems just cheese it with 4 healers, that is what we did when we had some problems, now we do it with 3.
    Yeah i know my dps maybe "Fine" but i want it to be great and thats why im here trying to drill information out of people . But if our strat continues to have problems ill keep this one in mind. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodoran View Post
    Before posting I checked my logs of our megeara kills. I have similar gear and my SrpS was doing around 16% of my dmg. We kill the green head only once to reset its stacks and I'm certainly not padding any meters.
    The thing is he is, when he said "I was sitting on 118k at 509 ilvl on our 2nd kill without any multidotting except double Black Arrows after a Readiness." he did 9m damage (half) to the Frozen Head, and they killed it once. On every single kill actually, even on the first one, first one had like 18% for SrS. And trust me, that's not damage from a single BA after readiness.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2013-04-05 at 06:48 PM.

*UPDATE* Okay so today Friday 4/5/2013 we attempted Megaera again and I have a worldoflogs it was some of our attempts and for the circumstance I went Thrill of the hunt over fervor because I was having some trouble so I decided to switch some things up But heres the log let me know what you guys find and how I can improve thanks

World of logs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...?s=1530&e=1950

Deleted
    I did 117,8k on Megaera myself with 513 ilvl, so yes, he should, and no I wasn't double dotting whatsoever. With that said I did have 2 piece set bonus (no set bonus from t14 at all), aswell as the Tortos 522 bow.
    His weapon is 496, having a 522 instead would easily be around 5-10k dps increase with no chance to rotation, so no, he shouldn't be doing a whole lot more dps.

While surv isn't as dependent on having a high-ilvl weapon, it is still a big portion of ones dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthandir View Post
    There is no way in hell he should be sustaining a good amount more than that unless he's double dotting with ss and crows+BA with readiness. Pointless meter padding huzzah!
    With a 514 ilvl? Uh yea. He should be doing at around 10k more.

My Hunter alt is a 500 with a 502 weapon and sustains 102-105 on this fight.
    Last edited by skitzy129; 2013-04-06 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    With a 514 ilvl? Uh yea. He should be doing at around 10k more.

My Hunter alt is a 500 with a 502 weapon and sustains 102-105 on this fight.
    Please don't post anything unless it's going to be constructive in some way we've established that I can do more dps. but thanks anyway.

The link to your logs is broken.

As a general thing for the thread though, it's useless to talk about DPS. Mainly because:

1) If people actually did the DPS that they said they did, the rankings page would look a lot different. It's no different than any other epeen question on the internet. Somehow, by complete chance, the entire forum becomes filled with 6'4 hedge fund managers with japanese girlfriends that pull perfect numbers on their hunter. Go figure.

2) DPS numbers mean next to nothing. A hunter in a 25 man raid dropping 3 crit banners and 4 stormlash totems in a 6 minute fight will look radically different from a hunter in a 10 man raid with a buff missing that takes 8 minutes to do the fight. There's no use bothering with that when you can look at logs and see exactly how good a hunter is.

The link to your logs is broken.

As a general thing for the thread though, it's useless to talk about DPS. Mainly because:

1) If people actually did the DPS that they said they did, the rankings page would look a lot different. It's no different than any other epeen question on the internet. Somehow, by complete chance, the entire forum becomes filled with 6'4 hedge fund managers with japanese girlfriends that pull perfect numbers on their hunter. Go figure.

2) DPS numbers mean next to nothing. A hunter in a 25 man raid dropping 3 crit banners and 4 stormlash totems in a 6 minute fight will look radically different from a hunter in a 10 man raid with a buff missing that takes 8 minutes to do the fight. There's no use bothering with that when you can look at logs and see exactly how good a hunter is.
    Sorry try this, I also updated the Original Post it also has a working link to the log. World of Logs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...?s=1530&e=1950

There's honestly nothing glaringly wrong. You can probably be a little cleaner getting everything right off CD, but that's most people.

Keep in mind that other classes were obviously cleaving off of the other head, so you can't look at the meters like it's a straight patchwerk fight.

There's honestly nothing glaringly wrong. You can probably be a little cleaner getting everything right off CD, but that's most people.

Keep in mind that other classes were obviously cleaving off of the other head, so you can't look at the meters like it's a straight patchwerk fight.
    Yeah I know I noticed that around 10-14% of their damage was cleaving the wrong head but yeah I do need to be more crisp on getting everything off CD

OP your dps is fine imo. That fight is just not that great for surv compared to higher burst classes or multi dotters.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    OP your dps is fine imo. That fight is just not that great for surv compared to higher burst classes or multi dotters.
    Thanks for the feedback but yea i know its good enough for the fight but i am always looking to improve in some way, Ive already got quite a bit of good suggestions and things to work on. But more is always welcome.