Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This guide is freaking awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Has any1 manged to solo warbringer as guardian? I can solo as moonkin ( only warbringers without horrific mask ) but as a guardian i die pretty fast.
    It is somewhat soloable as long the warbringer doesn't have horrific mask. That fear last way too long for him to pound you on the back and also the high chance you get feared outside his range thus resetting him as it did for me several times. The times I tagged it, I put my bleeds up on him while kitting him just a bit ahead of melee range while using his casts to do damage. The only one I noticed to have issue again are the horrific mask warbringers. Everything else just takes a long time to burn through 21M hp. The vengeful spirits are easy to cc or avoid while kiting the warbringers a bit.
    I've also tried face tanking w/o kiting, for me, I got it to 60-70% before I ran out of cooldowns and pretty much fell over. Definitely prefer kiting him just outside of melee range to avoid a bit more damage while allowing some cds to come back up. Granted I did this kite strat in a group, I have held a warbringer til 80-90% by myself while my other 2 friends took their time flying to me. During that time, I didn't use cooldowns really, I kept myself up via frenzied regen and cenarion ward/nature's swiftness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Has any1 manged to solo warbringer as guardian? I can solo as moonkin ( only warbringers without horrific mask ) but as a guardian i die pretty fast.
    What kind of gear do you have? Because i solo them without putting much effort into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    It is somewhat soloable as long the warbringer doesn't have horrific mask. That fear last way too long for him to pound you on the back and also the high chance you get feared outside his range thus resetting him as it did for me several times. The times I tagged it, I put my bleeds up on him while kitting him just a bit ahead of melee range while using his casts to do damage. The only one I noticed to have issue again are the horrific mask warbringers. Everything else just takes a long time to burn through 21M hp. The vengeful spirits are easy to cc or avoid while kiting the warbringers a bit.
    I've also tried face tanking w/o kiting, for me, I got it to 60-70% before I ran out of cooldowns and pretty much fell over. Definitely prefer kiting him just outside of melee range to avoid a bit more damage while allowing some cds to come back up. Granted I did this kite strat in a group, I have held a warbringer til 80-90% by myself while my other 2 friends took their time flying to me. During that time, I didn't use cooldowns really, I kept myself up via frenzied regen and cenarion ward/nature's swiftness.
    As a moonkin its EZ, today i killed 4 ( without mask ofc ). It takes some 6-7min since i only use SF/MF and starsurge on CD with starfall. But as feral most i got him was to 70% and then died, while as DK with ilvl that some 20 lvl lower i can get him to 30% and i die to to stupidity or i ran out of CDs for fear.

Quote Originally Posted by wazzak View Post
    What kind of gear do you have? Because i solo them without putting much effort into it.
    As guardian i have 491 as moonkin 513.

As a feral, its going to be really hard to near impossible just because his melee hits so hard. As a guardian, your frenzied regeneration should be almost enough. Granted you aren't face tanking him the whole time and doing a kite like strategy to it. I see a lot of blood dks soloing him, they are op like that... face tanking it and all -_-
    Reason you kite, you want to take less melee damage since he hits fairly hard and it will also give you time to allow cenarion ward to come back up. Every heal counts, also use his ability cast to put a little more dps into him. Other then that you try not letting lacerate x3 and thrash drop off.

Hey fellow druids, I recently got back to wow for pvp purposes and wanted to farm this mount from Alysrazor in firelands. I watched different videos from youtube and even saw a resto druid clearing the trash mobs in Alysrazor's lair. He was basically healing himself and bringing the fire to the eggs and killing the 2 birds. However, I tried doing that as well and only managed to kill the first set of eggs and I already had a hard time after that. It seems like the small birds are killing me fast even if I have hots on me. After I put hots, I switch to bear right away but after a few seconds, my life gets drained quick and eventually I die.

Any resto druid here got to clear the adds? By the way my gear is full malevolent restoration gear. I am planning to use that gear and then switch to moonkin to kill Alysrazor even if it is restoration gear. I know this topic is for Guardian spec but Im just wondering if someone here has tried it since it is also viewed by druids in general.

Any tips on this?

Thank you very much!

You don't let the fire trail from the 2 big birds actually hit you, you let them trail you and it will kill or do a lot of damage to the things it hit. Don't tank the bird's fire as it will do a lot of damage. Using this method, I would think any spec can clear aly trash easily. The only thing is how long will it take you to finish the last bird off lol as a healer.

You don't let the fire trail from the 2 big birds actually hit you, you let them trail you and it will kill or do a lot of damage to the things it hit. Don't tank the bird's fire as it will do a lot of damage. Using this method, I would think any spec can clear aly trash easily. The only thing is how long will it take you to finish the last bird off lol as a healer.
    Yes I am not being hit by the fire trail, its the small ads / little birds that spawn from the eggs that actually kill me. I wont be able to kill them since I am resto, the only option is to continuously hots myself then switch to bear form. But every time I switch to human form to heal, the adds do tons of damage that my hp can never get to full and I eventually die.

The little adds that come from the egg can also die to the fire, when I am feral or guardian, I rarely dps the adds that come from the egg. I single target the eggs down while letting the fire trail take the small bird spawns out. You can even let the fire trail take out the opposite big bird as well. You can probably do the trash as a moonkin since the biggest threat imo are the 2 casters in the beginning who should die immediately to your burst or the fire ttrail.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Not sure if I missed something, but I just killed Kalec->killed Sathrovar and didn't have any despawning trouble. Does the debuff that keeps you in the demon realm still have a timer or something?

Either way, no need for a DPS spec. HotW=dps spec'd for plenty of time to kill Sath.
    (yes, that was long ago)

Tested again, yes, there is a timer on the debuff (60s), and yes, if you don't kill Sathrovar quick enough, boss will reset. Since he has a 3s stun with 5s cooldown, you can quite easily miss him in this 60s delay if you're unlucky with stuns. With no cooldowns up and being (very) unlucky with stuns, I didn't manage to kill him as 498 ilvl balance, just kept getting stunned most of the time.

I'd still recommend having a dps spec for him (or at least, save all dps cooldowns), since bad luck can still quite easily make him reset with low DPS.

If never stunned, you need 42k DPS to down him (2.5m HP / 60s), worst case you can be stunned 60% of the fight (being VERY VERY VERY unlucky) leaving 24s for hitting + maybe some heal, this can make it quite tricky.
    Last edited by imabanana; 2013-03-31 at 10:33 PM.

The little adds that come from the egg can also die to the fire, when I am feral or guardian, I rarely dps the adds that come from the egg. I single target the eggs down while letting the fire trail take the small bird spawns out. You can even let the fire trail take out the opposite big bird as well. You can probably do the trash as a moonkin since the biggest threat imo are the 2 casters in the beginning who should die immediately to your burst or the fire ttrail.
    Finally did it yesterday. But now im stuck on alysrazor. Im using balance spec but with resto gear and got alysrazor down to 19% but she killed me. Im using the run up to the hill style during phase 2. The first 2x she flew back down, i was able to agro me from the hill and then fly again. But the 3rd time she ran to me up the hill, she continuously attacked me on the ground and didnt fly up anymore whick killed me. I dont know why that happened because according to the solo vids i saw on youtube, its all rinse and repeat from dps'ing in the air, and then running up the hill during phase 2 and make her come to you. Did i do anything wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by shammyhoho View Post
    Finally did it yesterday. But now im stuck on alysrazor. Im using balance spec but with resto gear and got alysrazor down to 19% but she killed me. Im using the run up to the hill style during phase 2. The first 2x she flew back down, i was able to agro me from the hill and then fly again. But the 3rd time she ran to me up the hill, she continuously attacked me on the ground and didnt fly up anymore whick killed me. I dont know why that happened because according to the solo vids i saw on youtube, its all rinse and repeat from dps'ing in the air, and then running up the hill during phase 2 and make her come to you. Did i do anything wrong?
    She stays down on the 3rd ground phase, that's her berserk timer.
    It shouldn't be a hard DPS check to meet, though, especially considering how insanely well Balance scales with the haste and crit buff (regardless of what gear you're wearing).

She shouldnt be hard even if you have resto gear from raid. You need to focus on getting those jaste stacks since more you have faster you cast spells and on 20+ stack you could have strasurge proc every sec or 2. Also use CDs after 2nd full circle and nuke her fast, you can use that 2 or even 3 times before her final landing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome stuff so far, by the way, I enabled a few video links for YouTube, if you don't know how, click here to learn how to use the VIDEO tag in the forums.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Would it be possible to solo the above mentioned bosses if I go guardian spec, but with full malevolent (pvp) gear? Im going to do Guardian/resto for rated BG and was wondering if I will be able to solo these bosses specifically my favorite, Alysrazor. And also, can anyone link to me a good armory of a character who does RBG as guardian druid so I can see his enchants and gems?

Thanks!
    Last edited by shammyhoho; 2013-04-03 at 01:21 PM.

Would it be possible to solo the above mentioned bosses if I go guardian spec, but with full malevolent (pvp) gear? Im going to do Guardian/resto for rated BG and was wondering if I will be able to solo these bosses specifically my favorite, Alysrazor. And also, can anyone link to me a good armory of a character who does RBG as guardian druid so I can see his enchants and gems?

Thanks!
    Definitely a yes on Alysrazor, or at least if you can't, gear won't be what holds you back. The worst part about PvP gear would be its relatively low ilvl, nothing much should change for you compared to a PvE geared druid of a similar ilvl.

Note, most of the other cataclysm bosses can be pretty significant gearchecks, so other bosses from cata might not be doable.

As for PvP druids, yeah I don't do that. Check the PvP spec guides in the sticky list, there's one for guardian there and you'll probably be able to find some PvP bears by looking through that thread.

You mgiht have a difficult time meeting the hit rating/expertise rating needed for boss level mobs, unless you plan to reforge back and forth each time you solo and pvp. Honestly, you might be better off getting heroic dungeon blues or 476 epics so you save yourself the trouble of reforging each time you do the bosses.

On the note for rbg guardian, you pretty much gem for resilence, most guardians i see have anywhere from 67-69% resilence. Most of them use the agility crit meta gem probably because they do arena as well. From what I have tried, displacer beast is very useful and nice to use since it can get you out of smoke bombs and other pinches. You take typhoon for the op knock offs and everything else is really up to you at this point. If you want a link for rbg guardian, try looking them up on the leaderboard rbg list and checking some guardians outs. Just remember they could be ferals as well.

Thanks for the replies and advice! Actually im thinking of just sticking with resto for rbg, and not guardian anymore. Im almost complete with my feral malevolent gear which i will be using for guardian solo'ing. This means i am gemming pve tank gems + tank enchants and tank reforging for the feral pvp set (i know its a waste but im really too lazy to farm dungeons to get tank gear ). Besides, im already happy with resto pvp. Im planning on following a guardian pve guide for gems/enchants, is this a good first step? The only sad part is the resilience on gear that I cant reforge..

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 02:04 AM ----------

Another thing regarding black temple, i had an easy time doing the first 5 bosses but wen i got to gurtogg, i kept on wiping. It seems like my balance spec with resto pvp gear cant do enough damage to avoid the debuff he gives. Can a guardian with pvp gear kill this boss and the succeeding ones til illidan?

Lastly, for Alysrazor, how can a guardian druid kill him without reaching the enrage phase (flying down the 3rd time). Yes you do have higher survivability with guardian spec but this means your dps is low (I believe even if you switch to cat form while guardian spec your dps wouldnt be high enough). Any tips on this too?
    Last edited by shammyhoho; 2013-04-04 at 08:35 AM.

Deleted
    Ok so i've only just came back to my druid since about FL Patch, and also coming back after a 5 month break, and really getting into Pet Battles, so i obv thought i know i'll start collecting the old Raid Boss pets, SO the soloing question, how hard is it to Solo Gluth and first boss of BWL, i seem to remember the old days were u had to atleast duo the first boss, but a few managed to solo it with difficulty so was curious if theres a good strat for it, and is gluth just a Dps race or is there a technique for it yet? Im only lv88 atm so still got plenty of work to do yet tho

Gluth was soloable before lv 90, so it shouldn't be much of an issue surviving, you should be able to outdps it as well. The first boss of BWL got nerfed pretty good where it is fairly easy to solo for any class. They intentionally did that so people can farm out these raid pets.

In regards to the Black Temple, pvp geared guardian, that is all about your ability to outdps the soft enrage (the stacking bleed debuff). For alyazor, I don't know how much guardian dps you can pull even if you manage to get 25 stacks of the buff, I highly suggest feral spec if you dont have any moonkin gear. As mentioned before, you are gibbing yourself using pvp gear due to the lack of hit/exp on the gear.