Deleted

WoL: HPS vs. (e)HPS

Hi,

I always have this IMMENSE gap on WoL between mit HPS and mit HPS(e). I browsed a little bit throug logs and other Disc may have about 1-5k less HPS(e) than HPS.

Yesterday I played around with different stats and I underperformed . So don't take the totals seriously. More important is this gap for me:

Jin'rokh
    HPS: 75k
    (e)HPS: 65k

Horridon
    HPS: 37k
    (e)HPS: 34k

Jin'rokhCouncil
    HPS: 60k
    (e)HPS: 56

Tortos
    HPS: 73k
    (e)HPS: 49k

Megaera
    HPS: 75k
    (e)HPS: 65k

I never died early and our Heal Pally always has around the same HPS as (e)HPS-1-3k.

Thanks!

well i have always wondered about this myself and from my own observation I think HPS takes into account "active time" (devides your over all heals on your active time which is less than the real duration of the fight), HPS(e) devides your over all heals on the fight's duration in seconds.
    if you check recount you will notice that your activity is so much less than others in those fights that have this big gap. apparently for some reason when you are casting SS or pws (among other things) logs don't count that as activity which makes your active time lower thus making your HPS higher than your HPS(e).
    Last edited by Syri277; 2013-04-05 at 10:50 AM.

Deleted
    This is caused by spamming raid with Spirit shell or Pw:S during periods where people aren't taking damage. You are treated as inactive unless these people begin to take dmg, then if your shields are quickly removed during massive dmg your hps is reaching very high numbers.

(e)HPS is only (Total healing done / combat time), while HPS is (Total healing / active time).
    Active time = time when u heal anyone, or your shield absorbs damage (+ short time after). It's not the time u spend casting
    Last edited by mmoc8a27148bc4; 2013-04-05 at 01:41 PM.

It's listed in the WoL FAQ. Your active time requires you to log a HEAL event every 10 seconds or you becomes inactive until an event occurs. Absorbs are not HEAL events.

Poster above seemed to reverse the two formulas, effective HPS is just the product of raw HPS and active time.

SS is the main culprit but HoH can be an issue as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrai View Post
    It's listed in the WoL FAQ. Your active time requires you to log a HEAL event every 10 seconds or you becomes inactive until an event occurs. Absorbs are not HEAL events.

Poster above seemed to reverse the two formulas, effective HPS is just the product of raw HPS and active time.

SS is the main culprit but HoH can be an issue as well.
    It's frustrating, i had the rank 1 disc parse on 10h empress by a mile at the time of our first kill, but my effective hps(e) was like 30-40k less than what my hps was. I'm sure others has monster parses like that eliminated as well. But hey, it's the nature of the beast.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    Thanks a lot fellow folks!

I don't care about rankings. It's more that I wanted to know, if I am really THAT bad. And also have an answer for my guildies why I am "that bad".

Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    It's frustrating, i had the rank 1 disc parse on 10h empress by a mile at the time of our first kill, but my effective hps(e) was like 30-40k less than what my hps was. I'm sure others has monster parses like that eliminated as well. But hey, it's the nature of the beast.
    I dont get monster parses like that because I don't pad meters :P

Isnt the trick to keeping the numbers close together is to keep a Renew ticking while stacking shields (either SS or PWS)? Or am I thinking about this the wrong way?

Ive seen large discrepencies on my own Logs (whether I ranked or not, and have ranked as high as #4 overall on Heroics last tier), but for my own piece of mind, I usually pick the largest and compare that column with other healers.

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Your parse wasn't "eliminated". It's the exact same for every disc priest; if you didn't get the rank one parse, you didn't do enough healing. If a disc priest DOES have 100% active time, they are probably doing something wrong (no spirit shell or shields)

On one of my rank one parses (25 heroic) my hps(e) was almost 40k less than my hps. On another it was only a difference of 10k. It doesn't "eliminate" you from ranking. If you just look at the hps of disc priests, they would absolutely blow everyone else out of the water. You need to look at hps(e).

There is no "trick" to keep these numbers closer together, if you're casting a useless spell like renew just to have a higher active time, your hps will drop because you're using a spell that isn't very good.