Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    i feel like blizzard is on the verge of going over a slippery slope. as much as i hate rng i feel like it has served a good role in loot area of the game for quite some time and its been a decent way of helping semi-gate the content. these bonus rolls and now this "bad luck streak" thing theyre introducing is just going to further devalue the acquisition of gear and speed up the process at which people obtain their gear and sit around and wait or unsub.

lets also take a look at the attitude that the bonus rolls have fostered. before these bonus rolls were introduced you basically just sucked it up and if you didnt get anything, you didnt get anything. while 28g is a pretty insignificant amount of money at least its something, at least its something from an extra bonus roll that prior to this expansion you wouldnt have even received.

dont get me wrong, im all for people getting gear. it is basically what WoW is all about (or any other mmo really) but i feel like (and i cant stress this enough, this is purely my opinion and how i feel) these bonus rolls and this whole "bad luck streak" thing will cause a lot of people to eventually feel entitled and will only get worse and worse until basically you will be guaranteed a piece of loot from every boss you kill.

again, just my opinion. im not a loot nazi, i dont think the super hardcore should be the only ones to get decent end game gear, i just think its a dangerous hill theyre flirting with going down
    you of course completely forgot to mention that not only other catch up mechanisms were severely nerfed, new LFR system itself is slower than normal system due to people not having less competition when other obtain their gear.

you know the difference between early and late DS lfr? you got half the stuff basically by default, since alot of people didnt want it anymore. basically the only competition whatsoever were tiers and trinkes´ts/weps from deathwing. you know the difference between early and late 5.1 lfr raids? there is none.

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    Haha, oh god you're so funny and original. God damn you deserve a Lucy for that wit.
    I agree with him, LFR is there for casuals to see the content after all. But all I hear about it is "Buhu, I only got 3 epics this weekQQQQQ", thats the part thats getting old.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    you of course completely forgot to mention that not only other catch up mechanisms were severely nerfed, new LFR system itself is slower than normal system due to people not having less competition when other obtain their gear.
    Please refrain from expressing outrage over mathematical conclusions when you don't understand probability. Any alleged discrepancy between LFR loot and normal loot has nothing to do with "having less competition".

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting the same fucking chest piece 4 times in a row. I get that some of you were douche bags in DS and thus we can't have a system that involves any sort of trading but I was a good guy and would often trade shit I didn't need to people who did.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    Gettin' bracers with only 1 secondary stat
    You know the bracers with one secondary also have a socket and have more of that secondary stat than two secondary stat bracers would have, making them pretty much identical, right?

Leaving LFR/world boss and repair bill is higher than 28g

Now I'm gonna take you all back to the glorious days of DS. I, the humble rogue, wanted Vial of Shadows. Who dropped Vial of Shadows? Many! Did I get it? No. How many bosses did I kill?

LFR:
    Morchock 10
    Zon'ozz 11
    Yor'sahj 12
    Hagara 12
    Gunship 13

Normal
    Morchock 7
    Zon'ozz 12
    Yor'sahj 9
    Hagara 9
    Gunship 13

Heroic
    Morchock 11
    Zon'ozz 4
    Yor'sahj 6
    Hagara 3
    Gunship 3

That's 123 kills. Fuck my luck

10+ Year Old Account
    When you run through a whole LFR and need upgrades for every slot except one, use coins on every boss, and the only thing you win is a downgrade for that precise slot.

Winning nothing is one thing, but that's just fking torture...
    Last edited by Kheirn; 2013-04-06 at 11:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    I agree with him, LFR is there for casuals to see the content after all. But all I hear about it is "Buhu, I only got 3 epics this weekQQQQQ", thats the part thats getting old.
    You must of missed the memo. LFR is now the "catch-up" gearing process for new / returning players instead of 5 man heroics.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    17 kills on Shek'zeer, 15 kills on Tsulong, 8 kills on Will along with coin rolls on every boss since 5.2 and my Holy Pally still has a blue weapon.

Naturally all my runs through ToT have resulted in jack shit too. Don't get me wrong, plenty of other gear has dropped (I have 4P T14 on both MS and OS) but that weapon is frustrating as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    People complaining about Dailies.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Oh i rather get gold than that crappy lfr loot, unless said loot is worth more.

Dragon Soul, with the bloody stupid OP trinkets that were demanded for PvP (as a Warlock, it was cunning for me). I have over 100 kills on normal and hc for the first 6 bosses (excluding LFR here) and I never saw it drop, not once (well, in LFR. 3 times, all of them lost to someone with minimal understanding of the game). I don't mind random loot systems that fuck me over, as long as there isn't a specific piece of loot that is considered mandatory for your class in competitive settings. LFR is just fine, some weeks you got nothing, some weeks you get plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Please refrain from expressing outrage over mathematical conclusions when you don't understand probability. Any alleged discrepancy between LFR loot and normal loot has nothing to do with "having less competition".
    wat? make some sense next time.

Of course with normal system, people having gear already makes your chances higher, the new system doesnt care if someone already got the loot or not. when I was solo for protector token in whole 25man, i had higher chance to win than when there were 12 people for protector.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    wat? make some sense next time.

Of course with normal system, people having gear already makes your chances higher, the new system doesnt care if someone already got the loot or not. when I was solo for protector token in whole 25man, i had higher chance to win than when there were 12 people for protector.
    And when there were 15, you had a much lesser chance. The fact that you had a higher chance when you got lucky is contingent on the low probability of being in a small sub-group. The fact that you don't take this small probability into account is the misunderstanding of probability.

I think the drop chance of the damned coins in normal TOT should be higher, considering the bosses are much harder than LFR. What they should do is increase the coins cap per week and everytime you get 28g you should have a chance to get 1 extra coin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped doing the math on it, but my luck has been subpar in LFR and bonus rolls from the very beginning, even in DS I got way less loot then I statistically should have gotten. In DS I could at least get guildies to roll and win stuff for me, now, there is nothing. ToT is nothing new so far. Too lazy to look at bosses killed and bonus rolls made, but I have 1 piece of gear so far in the time it's been out, so... >.<

Deleted
    Seeing other people wearing 7 or more LFR items when it has been open for 3 weeks

I think they are raising the drop rates when using coins in 5.3.X

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I think they are raising the drop rates when using coins in 5.3.X
    Yes and no. The base droprate will be the same, but the longer you go without loot, the higher the chance getting some will be. And then it resets to it's base chance when you do get the loot.

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Is when you get an item that you wont ever use and it vendors for less than 28g. That's my story in LFR and normal TOT so far.

i love those items, my lock is an enchanter and just De those items. and sha crystals sells for 400g+ most of the time.
    good money.
    but i rather see a nice upgrade