Thread: LFR Durumu

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    That would mean you'd just stand on the OTHER side of the beam, at the end of the maze, so that you wouldn't be required to move at all, nullifying the entire idea of the maze? :P
    Ok, maybe only have 1/3 of the circle reveal itself at a time then. Either way, just make so that standing close to the beam to remain safe is not needed. That would still keep the "spirit" of the encounter, while making it a lot easier.

The following exchange occurred in an LFR Durumu fight last night:

Me: Move the yellow beam faster!
    Other: It's not controlled by a player.
    Me: I was yelling at the boss!

... and so what do I wake up to this morning?

Throne of Thunder
    Durumu the Forgotten
    During the Light Spectrum phase, Yellow Eye's cone now moves more quickly on Raid Finder difficulty.

... if you'll excuse me, I need to go equip my tinfoil hat

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 09:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kesandri View Post
    tldr The durumu needs a nerf for LFR. A simple fix of the maze doing less damage should sort it out tbh.
    Honestly, I think the quickest fix is to change the maze graphic to what Venoxis puts on the ground. While I agree the effect looks cool, it took me multiple deaths to even see an open space to begin with.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Throne of Thunder
    Durumu the Forgotten
    During the Light Spectrum phase, Yellow Eye's cone now moves more quickly on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Yes, this was a very needed change. It sucks having to go for nearly the entire time up until beam spawns while still looking for adds. Now people can hopefully get to the correct spot for starting of the death beam phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    This is actually handy. Thanks for showing this. Now all they need to do is fix the graphic so people don't need to adjust their video settings and it'll all be good.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I am not so sure about this. Not so sure at all. not with people in LFR also whining about how they had no luck with loot. What is next? a 100% gurantee to down a boss and a 100% chance at the loot you need?

If you ask me that gets dangerously close to "Every child is special and everyone can attain everything in life". Except they are not.
    Your "what is next" is strawman slippery sloping. Please refrain from that sophomoric nonsense.

And your analogy in the second paragraph is fundamentally bogus. Blizzard's hand is on the difficulty dial. They can make it as easy, or as hard, as they want. So the question is, what is the difficulty that maximizes their commercial return? Wipfests in LFR are not that optimum point, I will contend.

Contrast this to the situation you are talking about. Whose hand is on that dial ... God? We don't exist in a virtual reality run by a for-profit corporation. If we did, then deliberately making things harder for us would be utterly barbaric and sadistic, don't you think? "Yes, I'm sorry Grandma died of cancer. What do you want, eternal life mailed to you for free? L2Live, noob."
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2013-04-05 at 03:45 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

2 pulls on durumu today killed it...not so hard.

Hotfixed since last night? Seems like much more of the maze is visible at a time now.

'Course 3 stacks and counting now :P seems to me like a big change to making it easier to learn, but it may not have much effect.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the maze itself that kills people. Eye sores damage is laughable. It's the laser. I'm still amazes me how people don't run away from it as a priority, and worry about finding the path later. It's especially hilarious if they do group up for it - say, on a raid mark - but then stay there and get instantly killed after it activates. Would probably have more luck being spread out and try to outrun it on their own.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    In no real order:

Jin' do the Pug Breaker
    Garalon
    Durumu
    H Hall of Reflection

all of the above have given pugs nightmares.
    You cared enough to post.

Deleted
    People obsess over the eye sores but its people and their idiocy regarding the beam thats an issue. Spent both of my durumus this week calling out what side to stand on, and emphasising that beam = instant death but in eye sores you at least have a chance for heals. So if your so afraid of eye sores that you'll eat the beam you're doing it wrong. But even when i call out which side the beam is going (ie a pre-placed mark) would have half the raid just be stupidly slow and not move until they are covered in eye sores, then they try to move THROUGH the active beam to swap sides. This happened five pulls in a row till the buff was high enough for the seven of us who lived to carry out the last 15% ourselves.

It's really painful, got some lip from people screaming about the terror of eye sores and to stop obsessing about the beam but its really hard to try and help people if they ignore the important shit and keep getting themselves killed. If I had ANY hope it would get better over time it would'nt be so bad. But really if anything people learning the fight over time, if the last two tiers of lfr are anything to go by, is people just pick up an attitude of 'lol its just lfr' and do the same stupid shit anyway. Need to get an alt run going tbh. For all the crying over past pugs being controlled by 'evil mothers basement living elitists' I'd happily take an elitist led raid over what lfr is tbh.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    People see the scary black eye sores and they panic. Doesn't help that the stupid sores cover 95% of the platform.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    In no real order:

Jin' do the Pug Breaker
    Garalon
    Durumu
    H Hall of Reflection

all of the above have given pugs nightmares.
    Just replace Jin'do with either amber shaper or windlord. On the first night (before the nerfs to both of em) it was helluva fun.

Deleted
    What really makes me laugh is that people have two options; stand in shit that does almost no damage at all, or get hit'd by beam that one shots you. Judging by this thread most chooses the latter.

Just wipe 3 times, and it can then be 8-manned. Did it today because the general population are too stupid for words.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's true. Get naked and wipe a bunch of times till you get enough stacks or until Blizzard gets it's shit together. Whichever comes first.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Just wipe 3 times, and it can then be 8-manned. Did it today because the general population are too stupid for words.
    It's kinda sad that a random 25 people can't kill a boss that is tuned lower than 10-man normal mode.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    It's kinda sad that a random 25 people can't kill a boss that is tuned lower than 10-man normal mode.
    I've watched normal and heroic mode raiders get annihilated by LFR Durumu because the visual effect is effectively invisible. The art department needs to get it's shit together.

haha, halls of reflection good memories, not good actually, but still hilarious.

I don't really get the whole durumu issue - I did it once on my main and alt both dps, 1st run everyone survived BOTH black/maze phases, 2nd run on alt everyone survived 1st maze/black and half raid died on 2nd one and we still killed it way before 10 minutes.

all you need is 1 person with a mark or just tell people what happens

Killed him on the first attempt with 15 people dead to eye sores and 1 to ninja-pull after trash. Luckily 1 tank and 3 healers survived with us to see through the rest of the fight. I wasn't very optimistic when I saw over half the raid dead at 50%, but we managed to kill him before the second dance phase.