Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    but turning into a goofy looking saurok is the only fun part of that fight....
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

I could easily see this being done for heroic when your group does 140k dps normally (ie: around 522 item level).

We did it on 25 heroic this week, very boring and easy way to kill the boss if you have the damage. Using three tanks and keeping the debuff from the oozes rolling on one will make the DPS check a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlover View Post

Still seems like a bug. The dungeon journal states that "Damage taken from non-fully mutated players is reduced by 75%."
    If it said: damage is reduced to 75%, then i'd say everything is working as intended.
    The tool tip is wrong. Damage is reduced to 75%.

Why would you want to take longer? IMO doing it the way it was intended is easier and more fun. Lets not forget, faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Relimash View Post
    Why would you want to take longer? IMO doing it the way it was intended is easier and more fun. Lets not forget, faster.
    Because you just stand there for the entire fight with no concern for anything; no need to move the boss, no need to bother getting stacks. The fight becomes considerably easier doing this and guilds who are learning the fight will be able to kill it within a few tries on normal or heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Relimash View Post
    In an instance where pretty much every boss has a textbook's worth of mechanics to remember, a nice "patchwerk" fight is a welcome break.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lygas View Post
    Your math is a bit off there.

25-man H Primordius has about 916M HP. If you were to 5-heal it, each dps would need to do about 106k dps, assuming tanks and healers do absolutely nothing. In reality, tanks will be doing by far the most damage, as the dot they get from the viscous horrors isn't mitigated and is dealing full damage to Primordius.

In reality, each dps will only need to do about 90–95k dps.
    How is he's math off. i get 132k as well with 18 dps. Is enrage timer the same on hc?

(916000000 / 480) * 1,25 => 2385416 / 18 = 132523

But yeah as you said tanks will do a lot of boss dps, but at the same time you also gotta dps the horrors.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasmus View Post
    We did it on 25 heroic this week, very boring and easy way to kill the boss if you have the damage. Using three tanks and keeping the debuff from the oozes rolling on one will make the DPS check a lot easier.
    What would the dps requirement be if using 3 tanks 16 dps?

Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    The guy above you actually did the sum, if you are completely maths impaired all you have to do is substitute 18 with 16. Stop being so bone idle. You could factor in some tank damage too but thats super advanced maths.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    I could easily see this being done for heroic when your group does 140k dps normally (ie: around 522 item level).
    Yeah, although I can't imagine why anyone would want to do that while progressing. Do less damage to the boss while making him evolve faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb View Post
    Sweet, we are just about to try him with our guild on Monday, our dps is pretty good so might give this a go!
    There's no real point. The fight is easier by just killing adds, getting transformed, and killing him a lot quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    There's no real point. The fight is easier by just killing adds, getting transformed, and killing him a lot quicker.
    Sure there is, it's one less achievement we have to do later on

Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    It's hard to say, the tank rolling the stacks can do 300-400k+ dps though.

I get the achievement part, but this really doesn't make sense otherwise. Usually strats like this involve ignoring tough mechanics and zerging the boss. In this case, the only mechanic you are ignoring is a beneficial one!

The error with the math is that you need to multiply it by (4/3), as .75*(4/3)=1, assuming you want to compare it to normal damage. However, as stated before tanks will be doing substantial damage so the math is weird anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasmus View Post
    It's hard to say, the tank rolling the stacks can do 300-400k+ dps though.
    3-400k on endless waves of adds. Not solely on the boss.

I mean, I don't even see why you would want to do this. The OP's WoL has two tanks... common sense would dictate that the person not tanking could easily run around the room, killing a bunch of adds, allowing people to transform somewhat regularly.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    I mean, I don't even see why you would want to do this. The OP's WoL has two tanks... common sense would dictate that the person not tanking could easily run around the room, killing a bunch of adds, allowing people to transform somewhat regularly.
    when killing adds there is a chance that the purple stuff will spawn which heals the boss. so you will have to kite the boss which also isn't that hard but ... well i don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    3-400k on endless waves of adds. Not solely on the boss.
    No, on the boss. I'm talking about heroic here.