Thread: LFR Durumu

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3 stacks and was fine.

Just need to have someone who knows the fight step up and tell people what to do and it's pretty simple that way. Each person with beam I told them in say each time if they didn't move and they did it correctly. Put a marker on myself and had people stack on me for Eye Sore phase, first times people didn't understand it, but explained it and people were fine after.

Killed it with ease once people saw the fight, and half the raid hadn't seen it at all prior.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    It's true. Get naked and wipe a bunch of times till you get enough stacks or until Blizzard gets it's shit together. Whichever comes first.
    LOL. Time to build my "naked" set.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    LOL. Time to build my "naked" set.
    Cheap greens transmogged to look like your raid gear.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Cheap greens transmogged to look like your raid gear.
    Blah. Seasonal event gear + heirlooms = zero durability damage. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    I've watched normal and heroic mode raiders get annihilated by LFR Durumu because the visual effect is effectively invisible. The art department needs to get it's shit together.
    It's this.

As it stands, the laser is purple, the maze is dark purple, and the void zone beyond the maze is ALSO DARK PURPLE! Even the FLOOR seems to be purple!

If they just made the laser and maze a different colour, it'd be a 1-shot nearly every time.

Killed it on the 3rd attempt. Still, that whole part of the fight is a complete mess.

The biggest issue for me is that the tactic is different from normal mode. I mean... why on earth would you do that? I've seen the fight multiple times and know it inside out and still managed to take 50 stacks of the blue before realizing that I'm supposed to find the blue add.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when they changed the void zones on Sartharion to blue from red because the red blended into the ground too much.

On that note, managed to clear it with 4 stacks last night on LFR. the sad thing is they've nerfed it like 3 times and people STILL struggle with the maze mechanic.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Deleted
    Managed in with 2 wipes using the "Stack behind boss" tactic.

Quick-post tactics for Durumu the Forgotten (more tactics for DPS in LfR here - http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1442):

Before you start, if you want to brave the maze run: turn your particle density to low (Game Menu > Graphics > under Effects in bottom left), Projected Textures to ON, and Ground Clutter to High. Turn off any unnecessary add-ons.

Phase 1: DPS boss. On Lingering Gaze, RUN from raid to Outer Ring and drop void zone there.
    Phase 2. DPS three adds when revealed. If you have ANY beam on you (LfR version - Normal mode it's ONLY red beam), move clockwise to uncover Crimson Fog add - one per beam.
    Phase 3: Stack behind boss during Disintegration beam and use every survival CD you have.
    Alt. strategy - run the maze ... Good Luck: Stand in the beam when it starts to load and then go either to the left (clockwise) or right side. Wait patiently and move when the maze reveals itself.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    On that note, managed to clear it with 4 stacks last night on LFR. the sad thing is they've nerfed it like 3 times and people STILL struggle with the maze mechanic.
    Probably because it's not the power of the mechanic that causes trouble, but the purple on purple on purple dealie, it's hard to avoid stuff you can't clearly see...

The most common advice to deal with it is "turn your graphics settings down", which is completely absurd for something as utterly, blindingly (Get it? :P ) obvious as "Seeing what's going on"

My first run on Tuesday was 7 stacks and a mage soloed the last 300k

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Probably because it's not the power of the mechanic that causes trouble, but the purple on purple on purple dealie, it's hard to avoid stuff you can't clearly see...

The most common advice to deal with it is "turn your graphics settings down", which is completely absurd for something as utterly, blindingly (Get it? :P ) obvious as "Seeing what's going on"
    it's actually the eye beam that kills most people most often, and that is a very easy mechanic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    all you need is 1 person with a mark or just tell people what happens
    Most of the time, this doesn't help at all.
    Most people will still screw it up.

Oh, and to those who say it's not visible enough: Yeah, that's why some people survive it every single time. Must be magic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Most of the time, this doesn't help at all.
    Most people will still screw it up.

Oh, and to those who say it's not visible enough: Yeah, that's why some people survive it every single time. Must be magic.
    Some people have great eyesight.

Hundreds of thousands of LFR deaths (over and over) mean it's hard to see for most people.

Its so funny how people are crying that they wipe. What is so bad about hard content? I love that you may wipe a few times and people actually have to play the game in LFR. I hope they keep it up since they added the buff every wipe. No need to nerf anything since the buff does that for them. i say keep up the harder LFR, makes it a lot more fun for people who raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraeblood View Post
    Its so funny how people are crying that they wipe. What is so bad about hard content? I love that you may wipe a few times and people actually have to play the game in LFR. I hope they keep it up since they added the buff every wipe. No need to nerf anything since the buff does that for them. i say keep up the harder LFR, makes it a lot more fun for people who raid.
    Invisible is unlearnable.

Bad design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraeblood View Post
    There's a difference between wiping to mechanics and wiping because graphics aren't really clear. If the room would be filled with fire and you'd need to follow an ice patch that was brightly colored blue there would be ton less wipes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before you start, if you want to brave the maze run: turn your particle density to low (Game Menu > Graphics > under Effects in bottom left), Projected Textures to ON, and Ground Clutter to High. Turn off any unnecessary add-ons.
    No. I don't mean your advice... that might be spot-on. But any encounter where good advice starts with "change your settings and addons" is simply a poorly designed encounter. Blizzard fucked this up and it's ridiculous that they did. Make the Eyesore fel fire green, easy to distinguish from the safe areas. That retains that actual difficulty in play and eliminate the visibility issues as a concern. That this made it out of design, internal testing and PTR is insane. I killed him last night and won't go back to that wing until this is fixed. It's simply not worth the hassle.

Here's something that might shock your little mind... people have different setups. Not everyone sees precisely what you see. I know! Isn't it mindblowing that the world doesn't revolve around you? Amazing, innit?
    Last edited by clevin; 2013-04-07 at 06:43 PM.

lol @ people claiming the effect is invisible or something. That's just a poor excuse for bad players.

In my experience in the one time I tried LFR Durumu, it was the eye beam that killed most people. That's because people tried to ignore the phase each time and just stood behind the boss, and by the time they had to move they'd just repeatedly run through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Invisible is unlearnable.

Bad design.
    I don't get the whole "Can't see the maze" excuse, I figured out the shit right from the first time he did it without watching any videos, the maze is very visible. I think it's a fun encounter, and I like that there's something threatening in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    had 6 determination when i killed him this wensday