10+ Year Old Account
    sooo was this toriyama thing about a new dbz thing an april fools joke? because ppl still be going on about it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 01:47 AM ----------

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just started wondering, is there a gravity difference on grand kai's planet (or the supreme kai's)?

Deleted
    Best Anime ever!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jlopez707 View Post
    Oh really? Never heard about Battle of the Gods. :P All sarcasm aside, I'm talking about "Even if this was a guarantee, a 22 minutes animated episode takes a year from conception to air." Which he was probably referring to Absalon.
    My point was if you're asking which we'll see sooner, a new movie will likely be not it. Because it takes a long time from start to finish to release an animated movie. I know for a fact it takes around a year for a whole team to create an animated episode, so a movie would be longer, and thus take longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Turin View Post
    So I just started wondering, is there a gravity difference on grand kai's planet (or the supreme kai's)?
    There probably is. If King Kai's little planet had 10x Earth gravity, I would think the greater Kai planets would have at least that.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    My roommate just posed a question that is interesting, so I pose it here. When Frieza died, you see him later in hell, with his original body. Pre-mechanical alterations. So one can assume that when people die, they get their original body back. But, we saw a lot of dead saiyans in the afterlife. None of them got back their tails that they lost. Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta all had tails at one point, but never got it back when they died. Now, at least with Goku and Gohan, you could say that they didn't want it back. They don't respect their saiyan heritage like Vegeta does. But Vegeta. Even when he dies in the Buu Saga, he's at a point where he wants to embrace his saiyan self, and he would want his tail back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    My roommate just posed a question that is interesting, so I pose it here. When Frieza died, you see him later in hell, with his original body. Pre-mechanical alterations. So one can assume that when people die, they get their original body back. But, we saw a lot of dead saiyans in the afterlife. None of them got back their tails that they lost. Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta all had tails at one point, but never got it back when they died. Now, at least with Goku and Gohan, you could say that they didn't want it back. They don't respect their saiyan heritage like Vegeta does. But Vegeta. Even when he dies in the Buu Saga, he's at a point where he wants to embrace his saiyan self, and he would want his tail back.
    Oversight, maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed when Tien died, his hand grew back but he kept the scar on his chest.

10+ Year Old Account
    My point was if you're asking which we'll see sooner, a new movie will likely be not it. Because it takes a long time from start to finish to release an animated movie. I know for a fact it takes around a year for a whole team to create an animated episode, so a movie would be longer, and thus take longer.
    oh really, so shows like naruto have been worked on for hundreds of years haven't they ?... a 22minutes episode doesn't take more than a week to make wtf ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess your final battle had less of an impact on your soul
    all your past battles did

thats my assumption as to why frieza has his normal body, while the rest regenerated*tien*, or did not get their tails back *any saiyan*

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure Frieza (and any other Villains in Hell) is just Anime only Filler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    oh really, so shows like naruto have been worked on for hundreds of years haven't they ?... a 22minutes episode doesn't take more than a week to make wtf ...
    No. There are different steps to animation. First is the writer's room, where they pitch ideas. When they got one, they hand an episode to a writer. Once it's written, it gets voiced (which is the shortest part of it, voice actors for a TV show go in and do a couple hours a day for a week, and that's an episode). Then it gets to the animation, storyboarding, and all that jazz. From start to finish that can take up to 9 months to a year. However, they just don't stop and wait for one episode to be done. The writers are working on multiple episodes at once (multiple writers). The storyboarders are working on multiple episodes at once (multiple storyboarders, and they do more than one at a time). But from conception t oair, unless your name is South Park, episodes take up to a year, and anywhere you go, they're going to tell you the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
    I'm pretty sure Frieza (and any other Villains in Hell) is just Anime only Filler.
    It's still canon, depending on who you ask. But Tien gets his arm back but keeps his scars, there's no explaining that.

Deleted
    From start to finish that can take up to 9 months to a year. However, they just don't stop and wait for one episode to be done. The writers are working on multiple episodes at once (multiple writers). The storyboarders are working on multiple episodes at once (multiple storyboarders, and they do more than one at a time).
    Well, I don't think they've ended a Dragonball Z movie on a cliffhanger before, so who knows, maybe they're already done with the plot for the next movie?
    I won't get my hopes up though.

When you die and go to other world you get to pick and choose your body parts back..

10+ Year Old Account
    im going with you dont keep the damage of your final battle engraved into your soul

also mechanical parts would not translate to your soul

so freiza kept his body from his battle with goku, not trunks (hence no scaring)

tien kept his body pre nappa

etc

Deleted
    It's still canon, depending on who you ask. But Tien gets his arm back but keeps his scars, there's no explaining that.
    The only 'real' canon is the Manga (Or the Anime, if that came first like in some cases), however a lot of the filler in the anime was Toriyama approved, such as Yamcha being a baseball player. Which makes me wonder what Toriyama thinks of the later filler, especially in the Buu Saga, because Yamcha is shown to be much more powerful than Super Perfect Cell, which I'm sure is just an oversight.

As for the whole bodies in the other world thing. It's probably because Tien sustained the arm injury just before his death, and any recent injury is most likely healed (if not Chiatzou would just be a pile of charred body parts in the other world, for example) whereas long term injuries such as Tien's scar from way back in Dragonball, or Vegeta losing his tail on Earth a long time before dying on Namek have naturally healed and are considered 'normal', thus wouldn't be 'fixed' in the other world. Again, can't really count Frieza as that was Anime only, in fact hell isn't even shown in the Manga.
    Last edited by mmoc350bad3c21; 2013-04-10 at 03:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh guys, just saw something fun.
    Check out the latest One Piece episode. It's Toriko x One Piece x Dragonball Z, all in one.
    So much fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
    The only 'real' canon is the Manga (Or the Anime, if that came first like in some cases), however a lot of the filler in the anime was Toriyama approved, such as Yamcha being a baseball player. Which makes me wonder what Toriyama thinks of the later filler, especially in the Buu Saga, because Yamcha is shown to be much more powerful than Super Perfect Cell, which I'm sure is just an oversight.

As for the whole bodies in the other world thing. It's probably because Tien sustained the arm injury just before his death, and any recent injury is most likely healed (if not Chiatzou would just be a pile of charred body parts in the other world, for example) whereas long term injuries such as Tien's scar from way back in Dragonball, or Vegeta losing his tail on Earth a long time before dying on Namek have naturally healed and are considered 'normal', thus wouldn't be 'fixed' in the other world. Again, can't really count Frieza as that was Anime only, in fact hell isn't even shown in the Manga.
    I believe anything DBZ related is canon on some level. And Toriyama has given an opinion on "filler". The interview was actually linked a while ago in this thread. Basically, he said that while some fans don't like it when other people besides him contribute to DBZ, he does like it. And he's never once denounced anything as non-canon, though with the confirmation that there is a DBZ multiverse, that does bring up the possibility of certain things being alternate universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please do not link to any illegal episode streaming sites.