Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Any good uses for Demonic gateway?(tips, locations etc)

I just hit 87 on my warlock. (good god leveling is agonizing the last 5 levels)

And just acquired Demonic Gateway. The spell seems fun, but it also seems like you really have to use it premeditated because the charges have to load.

Are there any good locations the community here might know in bg,s, fights etc?

I would imagine you could put one behind the lumber mill building in Arathi Basin, then place one near the front, but hidden a little.

Then when some unsuspecting sucker tries to cap the flag you port there and instantly use your succubus to knock them off.

Not sure if it would actually work though.

I've never tried to "hide" the damn thing hehe, i just place them in a way to make things easy, close to flags/cemetery on AB, close to the middle of EoS, cross water in bgs like gilneas or twin peaks, It all depends on your imagination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zehzao View Post
    I've never tried to "hide" the damn thing hehe, i just place them in a way to make things easy, close to flags/cemetery on AB, close to the middle of EoS, cross water in bgs like gilneas or twin peaks, It all depends on your imagination.
    Yeah, but for the tactic I mentioned you are better off hiding it :P

I've used it on the August Celestial dailies for the torch quest. If you have lag or just are bad at dodging that quest blows. I've seen a few strats for Lei Shen where they use the gateways. Also a great help to get away from melee in Arena. Just a few uses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Yeah, but for the tactic I mentioned you are better off hiding it :P
    Actually it's better to just use the move-to command on the succubus and just sitting back. Your succubus is invisible, no one will notice her. The gateway however, will get noticed

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I usually use it to get from one place to another - fast!
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

I like it in flag defence, flag roughly between the ends of the portal so you don't move too far to stop a cap after using it. It can also be used to shorten the run from GY to flag, for faster help from those who are resurrected.

It's great in WSG when placed in the middle of the map and also in Twin Peaks for crossing the middle river fast at the side where horde likes to carry the flag past their GY.
    Last edited by 6kle; 2013-04-07 at 01:59 PM.

Amazing in BG's and Arena's to quickly get from the middle to behind a pillar. Also good for PvE raids so you can stay in a single place longer before moving to pump out a little more DPS (and to avoid those nasty void zones).

Quote Originally Posted by Googolplex View Post
    I usually use it to get from one place to another - fast!
    Really because by the time you have sat casting it and waited for the first orb to appear to use it you could of mounted up and rode/flew fuck even ran further than it will send you.
    The only place it seems to be of some use is either on that wind boss in HOF or using it agaist kanrethad, otherwise its a waste of time gimmick bullshit spell.

The fact that you cant use it if there is a bit of an incline on what your stood on or to at least be able to summon it above/below or across a small gap is a piss take and makes it a waste of time. As if warlocks dont have enough gimmicky crap already.
    Last edited by Suggs; 2013-04-07 at 02:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    Really because by the time you have sat casting it and waited for the first orb to appear to use it you could of mounted up and rode/flew fuck even ran further than it will send you.
    The only place it seems to be of some use is either on that wind boss in HOF or using it agaist kanrethad, otherwise its a waste of time gimmick bullshit spell.

The fact that you cant use it if there is a bit of an incline on what your stood on or to at least be able to summon it above/below or across a small gap is a piss take and makes it a waste of time. As if warlocks dont have enough gimmicky crap already.
    Untrue.

Flying and ground mounts are faster of course.

But running normally faster than portals in battle? No way in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by 6kle View Post
    I like it in flag defence, flag roughly between the ends of the portal so you don't move too far to stop a cap after using it. It can also be used to shorten the run from GY to flag, for faster help from those who are resurrected.

It's great in WSG when placed in the middle of the map and also in Twin Peaks for crossing the middle river fast at the side where horde likes to carry the flag past their GY.
    Conversely, warlocks are also amazing at getting the flag out of a turtled WSG base. A gateway on the mid-level platform in the flag room can reach all the way outside. So put your gateways there, and the demonic circle on the same platform. Drop down, grab the flag, demonic circle back up, click the gateway...outside the base within two seconds of picking it up.

Ideally though, if you're organised, you then trade it over to a druid or some such, as we're not the best flag runners...but as flag extractors, we shine.

There's lots of great PvE uses, but two that come to mind...against Blade Lord Tayak, you can pre-place it to cut the distance you have to dodge the cyclones in half (although timing is tricky, or else you can end up landing on a cyclone). One of my favourites...against Imperial Vizier Zor'Lok, you can angle the gateways to get from one platform to another. Going from left platform to middle platform jumps you straight over the silencing gas (although make sure the tank jumps too or you'll be coping hits to the face). Going from right to left platform, it won't quite take you all the way but it shortens the run a great deal.

Gateways and Circles are a bit under-appreciated by some players I think, they're amazing tools. We make semi-decent flag holders too with circle, you can stay on the roof with a circle down, if melee opens on you, jump down and run inside the base (underneath the roof). When melee follows, teleport back, you'll be going vertically straight up. If glyphed to a 20 second cooldown, it's almost guaranteed to be back off cooldown before they get back to the roof. That pretty much guarantees they have to split melee top and bottom.

I know this thread isn't about Demonic Circle, haha, but one more...with quick reflexes it's a nice defence to being blown off LM in Arathi Basin, or off the centre bridge of Eye of the Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Untrue.

Flying and ground mounts are faster of course.

But running normally faster than portals in battle? No way in hell.
    With the fact you can change talents on the fly now with them tombs, burning rush?....Next!!

From ToT So far:
    (Talking heroic modes that ive done)
    Jin Rok - Really good for when the storm phase comes in, you can run out for ionization on one side, and then portal over to where your raid is stacking on the other side.
    Horridon - Used to get people from where horridon is pulled, over to the first gate. gives an extra few seconds of dps on pull.
    Council - No uses
    Tortos - No uses
    Megara - really useful when people get the Ice fixate thing they can port away without having to run through other effecs that will already be on the ground. (This works if your raid uses the portal for every single ice debuff, so they are all on the same place)
    Ji Kun - During the Downdraft you can portal from the edge of the platform into the middle to stop you falling off.
    Drumu - Havnt attempted yet.
    Pimoridus - No uses.
    Havnt attempted any of the others on Heroic. Though The gateway is also good on iron qon Normal, Twin consorts Normal and Lei Shen normal
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    With the fact you can change talents on the fly now with them tombs, burning rush?....Next!!
    Burning rush is not as fast as a (max range) portal.\
    Unless you count cast time, but we don't of course.

Because once again: it is premeditated, you set it up before battle.

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 02:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdemenzes View Post
    Conversely, warlocks are also amazing at getting the flag out of a turtled WSG base. A gateway on the mid-level platform in the flag room can reach all the way outside. So put your gateways there, and the demonic circle on the same platform. Drop down, grab the flag, demonic circle back up, click the gateway...outside the base within two seconds of picking it up.

Ideally though, if you're organised, you then trade it over to a druid or some such, as we're not the best flag runners...but as flag extractors, we shine.

There's lots of great PvE uses, but two that come to mind...against Blade Lord Tayak, you can pre-place it to cut the distance you have to dodge the cyclones in half (although timing is tricky, or else you can end up landing on a cyclone). One of my favourites...against Imperial Vizier Zor'Lok, you can angle the gateways to get from one platform to another. Going from left platform to middle platform jumps you straight over the silencing gas (although make sure the tank jumps too or you'll be coping hits to the face). Going from right to left platform, it won't quite take you all the way but it shortens the run a great deal.

Gateways and Circles are a bit under-appreciated by some players I think, they're amazing tools. We make semi-decent flag holders too with circle, you can stay on the roof with a circle down, if melee opens on you, jump down and run inside the base (underneath the roof). When melee follows, teleport back, you'll be going vertically straight up. If glyphed to a 20 second cooldown, it's almost guaranteed to be back off cooldown before they get back to the roof. That pretty much guarantees they have to split melee top and bottom.

I know this thread isn't about Demonic Circle, haha, but one more...with quick reflexes it's a nice defence to being blown off LM in Arathi Basin, or off the centre bridge of Eye of the Storm.
    Combined with Demonic Circle it is indeed beastly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdemenzes View Post
    So put your gateways there, and the demonic circle on the same platform. Drop down, grab the flag, demonic circle back up, click the gateway...outside the base within two seconds of picking it up.
    Wait a minute. I thought you couldn't use the gates while carrying the flag? Did they change it?

Deleted
    Tortos - No uses? not quite it also drops aggro for a bit when used, good for getting a blood sucking bat off ur ass and on the tank, likely same use for some other fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not bad for Elegon. Gets people away from the little ghost things that are chasing them plus dropping threat on them. Dated reference sure but the others have been said already.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

Deleted
    the best location is one in ah, and one at mailbox

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    They can't be summoned in any capital city anymore.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Yeah, but we have demonic circle for that . :P

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 04:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    They can't be summoned in any capital city anymore.
    But why is that?