Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 74 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    We all know it is going to get nerfed someday, stuff always get's nerfed in WoW if you hadn't noticed. That's just how it is, I don't have any issue with it. Let people enjoy the game dammit.
    I can imagine now people struggle with felpuppies and a so called " NERF " would solve their problem , how about come back later on when more and better gear is obtained , into a lvl that felpuppies are getting a single chaos bolt and they're already at execution -20% to be shadowburned.
    That's gonna be the actual and real "Nerf" for this encounter , Blizz stated that they gonna make it so you can see who has green fire and means they got something unique , like challenge modes.... not the other way around where everybody runs with green fire and the normal orange-yellow-ish fire is the rare one :P

Deleted
    How i did it at ilvl 480, i followed a guide posted in reddit. I can't link it since i have not enough posts but a few guidelines:

Keep in mind that when felpuppies spawn havoc one wait for them all to spawn and then when you start casting your Chaos Bolt on the second one, halfway through the cast use your pitlord's stun to amplify the damage your CB does. You don't have to worry about the Cataclysm, because stun will be back for it.

Other than that if you can deal with the imps well then the fight should be easy also.

Doomlords are very easy and shouldn't be banished, just tank them with your pitlord. Also keep in mind that you HAVE TO reenslave your pitlord before every doomlord (while the boss is casting the spell). While the second doom lord is summoned, fear the first one and reenslave your pitlord. That should do the trick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I can't. your argument is invalid
    lol, I made so many stupid mistakes in my 100+ attempts.

Forgetting to re-enslave my pitlord during each doomlord summon.
    Not portal hopping after re-enslaving my pitlord, thus taking a chaos bolt to the face.
    After kiting the fel hunters to a corner, not telling my slow as shit pit to attack the boss, thus not stopping the cataclysm.
    After kiting the fel hunters to a corner, forgetting to soul shattering thus having the boss run to my corner and chaos bolt me in the face.
    Instant summoning my minion thus despawning my pitlord.
    Popping my potion a second to late, locking me out of all potions for the rest of the fight.
    and many MANY more.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Deleted
    I finally did it and indeed after bitching non-stop at the second fellunters phase and some CB situations I didn't understood, I have to agree that the fight shouldn't be nerfed at all.
    Yes I was pissed about it but that it is maybe I was too frustrated after first wipes and cba to invest some time into it and was quit impatient. Before today I did spend like 2 hours on him including watching videos and tutorials etc. The result was every time failing on the pups hehe.
    Today I thought giving him a hard shot, bought myself 3 flasks thinking it will be a rough day and it died surprisingly after 6 attempts.
    Wipes were mainly at the fellpups but those were control management mistakes of me. At least at the last fellpups spawn I got too confident, ignoring blizz little trick having RoF ending before the last pup got out (remember, the 3rd pup always spawns later than the time between first and second) which of course went straight for the pit lord.
    One of the most funniest wipe was when the boss was 0.4%... during all this time I forgot to use my potion and died when only the 2 doomguards were out with me at 98% life lol. Imagine the feeling...the doom exploded in my face.

The thread is long and this might have been already posted, but experiencing with the boss, at least for those under 490ilvl I noticed you might squeeze 1.5mil of it by fearing the pit lord while it comes out. By the time Kanrethad summons his imps the lord should come out of fear, there it is where you enslave him and continue the usual imp fight.

Some personal tips
    --Use your portals on every cd it is very important for aggro.
    --Soon you will get your feeling of the phases and know when to use the charges. Before the fellpups phase abuse the charge non-stop, if you are fast enough you should be use it 3 times before the pups. You can squeeze another charge right after he finishes casting his summons if you are fast enough.
    --On the pups spawn, take your time move your pit lord to the desired position WAY long before the boss goes to summon them. If you try to squeeze the last dps out of the boss you will complicate things and the chance is big they will release the lord.
    --To forget dispelling myself sometimes and get those nasty void zones near my portal, I choose to make a simple macro on his fel breath bound to my incinerates as mostly was playing very close to them (also my portals were straight into the middle circle of the room) rather than keep it as stand alone macro. In this way you will always have the pit dispel you every time he is on CD rather than you having watch his cd. the macro is simple:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Incinerate
    /cast [@player] Fel Flame Breath
    (replace @player with your character name)
    Note some of you will wonder how this will work on the pups as you will get your pit out of his spot by castin incies but in fact you shouldn't worry as you generally need to tank the pups in the exact opposite direction of the lord.
    What I did was placing the lord on the left side behind the spawn portal
    ---First pup out immolate+havoc then spam another RoF for the 3 pup aggro
    ---At this time the second pup comes out dark soul+conflag and 2x chaos bolt on the second pup, the first should be dead now
    ---Shadowfury the second and third pup, shadowburn the second pup and cb the third one (if you still have one cb left) otherwise 2 conflags and incies and he should die
    As you can see the incinerates will come out on the last pup but mostly all the time the lord is behind them, thus no worry for losing the enslave.
    --Save your unbound will for the pups phase just to make sure you will be dispelled.
    --Take a precaution: If you play as you should, during the second pup spawn should be the only time when you will be vulnerable for a CB hit. Have your CD's on stand by for this phase, it happened to me 2 times
    --I know dpsing him fast makes a difference, but do not worry. I am not sure what ilvl you should be to avoid the second felpup phase, but you should start with the fight in mind that you will have it happening. That's why, take your time, don't worry if the fight takes longer. If you manage to get the second pups down, the fight is pretty much over.

Good luck!!

Edit** My second fail LOL: I should have done it at supposedly 497ilvl. I just noticed I still had Blessed Medallion of Karabor on lol. Forgot to switch if after teleporting to BT. According to the game I was 473 at the time of the kill:P
    Last edited by mmoc43cac64131; 2013-04-06 at 05:28 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just came back to this game and god dam does it feel good killing him LOL fucking took like 100 attempts or something stupid like fuck SHIT WAS NOT FUN

/Happy green fire

20% ''OMG I CAN EXECUTE'' RAAAAAAAAA DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SHADOWBURN SHADOWBURN SHADOWBURN'' - ''Oh imps KILL IMPPPPPPPPS FUCK'' - ''Holy shit dispel your self kk ty imp sacrifice thingie'' omg EXECUTE MORE - ''Cataclysm - Pitlord charge'' - SHADOWBURN SHADOWBURNSHADOWBURNNNNNNNNNNNNN

God it was like doing a raid HC progression boss cept this boss is actually fucking easy I was just bad like lower ilvl people have done this Q_Q in less attempts

GREEEEEEEEEEEEN FIRE YESSSS no more of that boss

god dammit

-.-
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-04-07 at 12:47 AM.

Blizzard, do not nerf this boss just because my 473 pvp geared with a healing trinket ass can't get passed the first felhunter phase.
    I WILL get this bastard down. Even if it takes me weeks of wipes and running LFR to get better gear, I WILL kill him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    God it was like doing a raid HC progression boss
    Except outcome of this fight is decided only by yourself.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

btw how would you guys compare this fight to heroic progression? As hard/easier/harder in terms of dodging spells and paying attention to special mechanics? Does doubling the timer completely decimate the DPS check and knowledge of rotation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    We all know it is going to get nerfed someday, stuff always get's nerfed in WoW if you hadn't noticed. That's just how it is, I don't have any issue with it. Let people enjoy the game dammit.
    There is no reason to nerf this at all, in 525 gear I was able to kill this in the FIRST imp phase. Gear only makes the fight easier and easier, by the end of the expansion LFR is going to be basically what I have no and people will barely be getting the 1st fel hunter pack, let alone have issues killing them.

As for comparing it to Heroic Progression, it depends what gear lvl you are at. I would say at the 475- it is close, as you have to be executing perfectly or you're in trouble, but with high gear it is pretty easy.

I got my green fire! My heart was pounding at 6% as I was trying to maintain control. To be honest I didn't even notice the killing blow as I was just trying to maintain composure. In the beginning I was worried about DPS (ilevel 493) but quickly realized it's all about control, as everyone else says.

On the felhunter phase what worked for me was to position the Pit Lord behind the gate as normal, then shadowfury > 2x CB pup #1 > Havoc pup #2 > 2x CB pup #3 > finish if pup #2/#3 is still alive. This was the hardest part for me. Aside from that, you can mess up the imps/Doom Lords and still come out on top with SacPact and the Pit Lord's heal.

When there are two Doom Lords up I found that you don't need to fear/banish either of them. Just attack both with the Pit Lord one by one, then position yourself behind them and Fel Flame Breath them. Then cast the Pit Lord's big heal and use your gateway to drop aggro. The Doom Lords should be cemented onto the Pit Lord from then on.

Yes!!!! I dit it!!!!

483 Ilvl: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Dotcom/simple

More info/tips:
    - I used the purification potion. My gear couldn't handle it in 7 minutes.
    - After the 2nd Doom Lord, you will only get imp's from the portal (no more fel hunters, no more doom lords).
    - 90% of wipes with Fel Hunters: Send Demon away, use Unbound Will (if you need to clear debuff) and then Soulshatter. With this, you don't need to worry about Chaos Bolt, the boss will go after your enslaved demon.
    - Set focus boss. With this you will know if you get the Chaos Bolt. With a good use of Demonic Gateway, your enslaved demon will get the Chaos Bolt.

I used 2 Power Auras icons (SUPER BIG SIZE) to check when to use the Demonic Gateway and Fel Flame Breath.

Macro 1:
    #showtooltip Charge
    /target Kanrethad
    /cast Charge

Macro 2:
    #showtooltip Fel Flame Breath
    /cast [@player] Fel Flame Breath

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    There is no reason to nerf this at all, in 525 gear I was able to kill this in the FIRST imp phase. Gear only makes the fight easier and easier, by the end of the expansion LFR is going to be basically what I have no and people will barely be getting the 1st fel hunter pack, let alone have issues killing them.

As for comparing it to Heroic Progression, it depends what gear lvl you are at. I would say at the 475- it is close, as you have to be executing perfectly or you're in trouble, but with high gear it is pretty easy.
    FIRST imp phase ? I know you typed and cap'd "FIRST" but I just want to be triple sure here. I don't remember how long it takes those imps to come out but assuming it's 90 seconds that's like over 300k dps O_o
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    FIRST imp phase ? I know you typed and cap'd "FIRST" but I just want to be triple sure here. I don't remember how long it takes those imps to come out but assuming it's 90 seconds that's like over 300k dps O_o
    I finished at 250k, I can redo it and record it, but with good gear its pretty doable. The imps give you virtually unlimited embers.

Edit:
    Here is quick video of it, bad quality. It appears you have 2 minutes 10s of burn time before the fel hunters start spawning which is plenty of time in high gear. This is actually far slower then the first time I did it, first time I tried I killed him during the Cataclysm stun.

Last edited by Zinnin; 2013-04-08 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally!

Took me many many attempts. Between family and work I got in about three 2 hour late night flasked attempts in before finishing him off.

Second round of Fel Hounds was always my down fall.

Couple of tips. I used the sending Pit Lord LoS strat. I lined up two or three RoF away from where my Pit Lord was to get aggro right away. I felt you need to tag all three right as they spawn so they don't run wild.

Best piece of advice I got here was for under 20% hit those imps with RoF pop defensive CDs and just hit him with unlimited Shadow Burns. His health really melts.

I finished at 250k, I can redo it and record it, but with good gear its pretty doable. The imps give you virtually unlimited embers.
    Haha I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a typo. That's pretty wicked.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Haha I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a typo. That's pretty wicked.
    It's a super fun fight, I hope they add more high level solo content. I find myself finding excuses to go try it again (in low ilvl gear, or trying to see how fast I can burn it).

Brawlers guild fights come close, but the queue times and fight lengths make them fall a bit short.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    btw how would you guys compare this fight to heroic progression? As hard/easier/harder in terms of dodging spells and paying attention to special mechanics? Does doubling the timer completely decimate the DPS check and knowledge of rotation?
    I'd say it's easily as hard/harder than a lot of heroic encounters, in terms of what it demands of you on an individual level. The challenge of heroic bosses isn't so much mastering the mechanics by yourself, it's getting 10/25 people *all* doing it together without making any mistakes. Purely based on the amount of stuff you have to pick up on and react to all by yourself, I think Kanrethad's probably the toughest encounter I've done.
    It's a different skillset to raiding, though. When you don't have to rely on coordination and communication with other people, it's a lot easier to just try and try and try until you nail everything down without having to worry about someone else standing in the fire.

Wicked DPS on that video. As for gear, i did notice that the shittier it is, the more you have to perfect the mechanics. Felhunters come to mind mostly. I remember not being able to easily kill them with my current gear so what I had to do was: Mouseover fear the first, Havoc it, mouseover banish the second, charge the third with pitlord, Chaos Bolt both while keeping them together for the stun and zerg them. Then for the third one I had to keep my eyes on the banish and swap CCs until I could pass his Cataclysm to later on kite the Pit Lord and 3rd Hunter with Havoc Conflag until it was dead. Pretty tense until you get the hang of it, especially when swapping focus repeatedly.

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 01:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    I'd say it's easily as hard/harder than a lot of heroic encounters, in terms of what it demands of you on an individual level. The challenge of heroic bosses isn't so much mastering the mechanics by yourself, it's getting 10/25 people *all* doing it together without making any mistakes. Purely based on the amount of stuff you have to pick up on and react to all by yourself, I think Kanrethad's probably the toughest encounter I've done.
    It's a different skillset to raiding, though. When you don't have to rely on coordination and communication with other people, it's a lot easier to just try and try and try until you nail everything down without having to worry about someone else standing in the fire.
    Yeah I see what you mean. There's always that problem of the "others having to perform as good" in raiding, which to be honest bugs me a bit, but it's part of the charm. I always tend to see raiding through an individual point of view though.

Been trying this in my PvE gear, ilvl 476. I keep getting screwed by the felhunters. I can usually pop the first one pretty low, but once the third one comes out I usually catch a CB to the face for some reason. Any tips on this?

http://www.twitch.tv/gravityx19/b/387679644

A short video of me attempting this while explaining it to a friend. Any pointers on what to do different would be great.

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Destrudo View Post
    Been trying this in my PvE gear, ilvl 476. I keep getting screwed by the felhunters. I can usually pop the first one pretty low, but once the third one comes out I usually catch a CB to the face for some reason. Any tips on this?

http://www.twitch.tv/gravityx19/b/387679644

A short video of me attempting this while explaining it to a friend. Any pointers on what to do different would be great.
    Very Simple, Place your RoF down at the gate and pop Soul Shatter right as he starts summoning Felhunters, Kanrethad will run to the Pit Lord and not going to bother you until he starts running into the Middle to cast Catacylsm at which point the Felhunters should be dead but don't have to be, Fear one (there shouldn be more than 1 alive anyway at that point) use your Havoc (cd should be ready) on the Felhunter.. Cast Chaos Bolt.. Start Charge on Kanrethad.. Felhunter should be now dead thanks to Havoc CB and you got your dmg onto Kanrethad as well. You can also use the Charge tactic on the Felhunters (Havoc, Start casting CB, Charge Felhunters) CB should now hit them and kill nearly kill them(very useful/only possiblity with very low gear), but a tiny bit of wrong placement and they eat your enslavement.

Edit: Get rid of Dark Regeneration and use Soul Leech, it's far better.
    Try to get 3-4 Embers before he spawns the felhunters, pop Dark Soul for this phase it will make a BIG difference and use Havoc on the Felhunters or you sure won't get them down fast enough
    Also i might be blind but you are not buffing yourself with Dark Intent? Keep Immolate up! + use the Glyph for it (optional)
    Last edited by Yuyuli; 2013-04-08 at 06:00 PM.