Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Garrosh - Why the horde and WoW needed him.

Howdy everyone, Sab here with another rant.

So again, This is going to be a garrosh based rant today. As always feel free to leave your thoughts =D

So without further adue, Garrosh.. why the horde and WoW needed him!

So as we all know, WoW had fairly Piss weak PvP not in the sense of Gameplay, But lack of Clashing leaders. Open warfare. The whole reason we have two factions is they need to Clash! They need to be at each others throats! Thrall was far to passive and went with the more, Meh.. Defend your selves if needed approach. Now I'm in no way a garrosh fan boy, I actually Main alliance so I really don't care who runs the horde. Just another body to cut through. The way I look at garrosh as.. Well a True orc. Orcs have always been Hardy types Quick to anger, and always very aggressive. They're meant to be damn near savages. Not mindless! But Very savage to say the least. Very proud creatures. Garrosh is a Very smart character design my blizzard in my honest opinion! The entire horde loves to hate him! He put the "War" Back in WARcraft. Garrosh has honestly Restored the Horde to where it needs to be, Not the bad guys. But A "Savage horde'' He has by far over done it and needs to be brought down for his tyrany but lets not just sit there and rant "Hes a dick he should never have become warchief" and all those rants. Hes the hero/Villan The factions needed!

well rant over, I'm ready to take on all the hate full comments that will be inbound!

Quote Originally Posted by sabrisx View Post
    well rant over, I'm ready to take on all the hate full comments that will be inbound!
    So you pretty much made this thread with the intent of creating a thread full of hate.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

You seem to have put a lot of thought into your post about a video game orc.

I've seen better motivated hatred between parties on internet forums than I have seen in WoW's writing.

they needed a "Grom hellscream" for world of warcraft, nothing further then that.

his story is going to end like his fathers

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So you pretty much made this thread with the intent of creating a thread full of hate.
    At least he is honest.

Howdy everyone, Sab here with another rant.

So again, This is going to be a garrosh based rant today. As always feel free to leave your thoughts =D

So without further adue, Garrosh.. why the horde and WoW needed him!

So as we all know, WoW had fairly Piss weak PvP not in the sense of Gameplay, But lack of Clashing leaders. Open warfare. The whole reason we have two factions is they need to Clash! They need to be at each others throats! Thrall was far to passive and went with the more, Meh.. Defend your selves if needed approach. Now I'm in no way a garrosh fan boy, I actually Main alliance so I really don't care who runs the horde. Just another body to cut through. The way I look at garrosh as.. Well a True orc. Orcs have always been Hardy types Quick to anger, and always very aggressive. They're meant to be damn near savages. Not mindless! But Very savage to say the least. Very proud creatures. Garrosh is a Very smart character design my blizzard in my honest opinion! The entire horde loves to hate him! He put the "War" Back in WARcraft. Garrosh has honestly Restored the Horde to where it needs to be, Not the bad guys. But A "Savage horde'' He has by far over done it and needs to be brought down for his tyrany but lets not just sit there and rant "Hes a dick he should never have become warchief" and all those rants. Hes the hero/Villan The factions needed!

In the next expansion have his role given to an aggressive alliance leader, problem solved!

Well if war is what you want, you really need 2 factions full of faction pride and passion for their faction. Which is kind of hard when you have faction that is the lollore punching bag plot device for the main faction in Blizzards eyes. Not a whole lot to get motivated about as Alliance. Oooh look we lost more land, oooh look we had an entire xpack about the other factions leader. Oooh look we go to the enemys stronghold only to gain nothing and walk away empty handed. It is a bit demoralizing to play Alliance.

Jbombard Lets not forget when Varrian first had returned he was as hungry for war as garrosh was, He grew over time into a wise calm leader, That was the alliances progression. We've had as much of a story as horde has. Just because the expansion doesn't Revolve around Varrian aswell as garrosh doesnt mean we're neglected. =]

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blah regarding this lore "srs bns".

I just want to kill/fight stuff and collect loot. Not feel guilty and like an asshole for doing so.

The game would have been so much more enjoyable if the story was just a plain "black and white morality" story, e.g. People of middle-earth vs the evil-beyond-redemption Sauron.

Or just hell with the story like Monster Hunter. You hunt impressive looking beast for loot because it's what you do.

If you insist on having "drama" without "flat" villains, it's possible to do it without making the players feel like dicks. RPGs like Final Fantasy have been doing it for years, e.g. FFX's bad guy was just misguided and you don't really kill him, just what's left of him.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what the problem is with everything that has happened since cataclysm? This entire war scenario has become so completely forced and contrived it no longer feels genuine. Before cataclysm, there was ALWAYS the tension between horde and alliance, it never went away, despite what you try and claim, it was always there. It was just done is a far more subtle, believable way then what it is now.

You know the issue with full on warfair in a game like Wow where both factions are equal and opposite? Its that they will NEVER BEAT EACH OTHER IN ALL OUT WAR. They won't, its inconceivable to imagine it will ever happen. This is why this forced warfair mentality in wow now just degrades the story down so much.

It was more believeable when there was the mild tension between both sides before cataclysm. Where horde and alliance best friends before it? NO, if you played vanilla you would know there was always tension between both sides, and if horde and alliance meet on a battlefield or in opposing faction territory, they would fight, they were not friends, but the tone of it was far more subtle in a story where focusing on major problems in the world matters more then trying to satisfy a childish itch for pvping.

The whole thing with cataclysm? Deathwing has just shattered the world, thats a massive thing and the threat of him coming down and raining fire on everyone was there. But instead of focusing all attention to defeating deathwing and his forces, the horde and alliance decide to go to all out conflict with one another, waist resources and soldiers in killing one another, and generally being massive d**ks about it.

Its so conceived, all of this current story is so forced and the conflict is so ridiculous its like both sides have taken a step backwards, instead of growing wiser as factions they both end up looking like a group of obnoxious teenagers fighting a street war just because of someone wearing blue instead of red.

Conflict can be good, IF ITS DONE WELL, but none of this crap thats happened since cataclysm has been good for the story. What is so obvious is conclusion, how once Garrosh is gone, things will go back to as it was before cataclysm with the awkward tension and cold war mentality, and so it achieved nothing though these events except to either kill characters to screw over concepts that didn't need to be touched on.

Let me correct you a little here Traask. Deathwing has just unleashed his attack against the mortal races and we had the Alliance with the Neutral Factions and some Horde heroes trying to fight him while having Garrosh and most of his supporters using the Cataclysm to hit us in the back with the weapons of the Lich King which we fought and killed and damaging our war effort.

Trassk Why you pose many good points, The matter of the fact is, It can't be a cold war for ever. There are points where it needs to spark into full blown warfare, then die off, Last thing I want to see is this carry on for the rest of WoW. Thats just silly. But as the title says, "NEEDED' Not needs now, Not will need for ever, It was horde and the game as a whole needed to shake the very core of the world. The cataclysm left both factions considering, In this state we're both vulnerable.. leaving them.. Wait for an imminent attack from the opposite faction.. Or take the fight to them and pray we still have the means to fend off deathwing. and as a result of it all, We dude see Varrian grow as a leader, He stopped wanting this war he stopped rushing head first into stupid situations. He matured as a leader. Which is the impact Open warfare will cause. It gives both factions a massive chance to grow

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Horde/Alliance War brings context and lore to the PvP crowd. Why should they be left out?

I still don't see the point of this Fourth War. I mean we all clearly see that the problem of Azeroth is the Orcs. All the other races seem to be good with each other. The Orcs on the other hand don't seem to respect the rest and tend to cause conflicts. In a matter of fact I think that Garrosh and all those who prefer War instead of Peace seem to be a constant threat to Azeroth more than Deathwing or Arthas or any other Villain. Thrall has worked hard to make Azeroth see a hope of light in the Horde, a thing that something is changing and the Horde are not savages only for Garrosh to destroy everything. Consider yourselves this question. After we finish with Garosh isn't it time for the Horde to sit down and think what do they really want? Do they want to be helpful for once with Azeroth or do they want Azeroth to forever alienate them?

Deleted
    He has by far over done it and needs to be brought down for his tyrany
    What tyrany exactly? I haven't seen any.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    The Horde/Alliance War brings context and lore to the PvP crowd. Why should they be left out?
    They were never left out to begin with.

A battleground requires very little context to begin with-Only a rudimentary reason for why Horde and Alliance are there, and you're golden.

Nothing that required bombing Garrosh's intellect score back to the stone age.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mails-Prowers View Post
    I still don't see the point of this Fourth War. I mean we all clearly see that the problem of Azeroth is the Orcs. All the other races seem to be good with each other.
    King Varian Wrynn says: I was away for too long. My absence cost us the lives of some of our greatest heroes. Trash like you and this evil witch were allowed to roam free -- unchecked.
    King Varian Wrynn says: The time has come to make things right. To disband your treacherous kingdom of murderers and thieves. Putress was the first strike. Many more will come.
    King Varian Wrynn says: I've waited a long time for this, Thrall. For every time I was thrown into one of your damned arenas... for every time I killed a green-skinned aberration like you... I could only think of one thing.
    King Varian Wrynn says: What our world could be without you and your twisted Horde... It ends now, Warchief.
    King Varian Wrynn says: ATTACK! FOR STORMWIND! FOR BOLVAR! FOR THE ALLIANCE!

Yeah, the Orcs really started the fourth war??? I guess Cataclysm/MoP is the fifth war by now...

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    What tyrany exactly? I haven't seen any.
    The part where he (thinks he) had Vol'jin assassinated, and occupied the Echo Isles. Also, everything in 5.3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    They were never left out to begin with.

A battleground requires very little context to begin with-Only a rudimentary reason for why Horde and Alliance are there, and you're golden.
    So you'll also agree that PvE doesn't require any lore backing, it just needs to offer epic rewards for people to enjoy it?

With that logic, every instance would be like Stormstout Brewery and every Scenario would be like Unga Ingoo. Let's celebrate!