Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    The Dark Iron Aristocrat

Ebon Darkfire <Heart of Flames> prefers something more regal. She is of the Dark Iron clan and one of Moira Thaurissan's loyalist that followed her to Ironforge from the depths of Shadowforge. Her most prized companion is her Ashen feathered Dragonhawk; Sunraven.

This is badass.

usually role with one of these two, switching out pets accordingly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    I would change the shoulders of the green set and the shoulders of your current set
    The shoulders of the current set don't fit 100%, but there's nothing suitable out there. Pretty much dislike the original ones that come with the brown set.

Which ones would you get for the green one?

Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    I need to know why ever other Hunter that I see uses that obscene looking bow... It's either Black Bow of the Betrayer or Golden Bow of Quel'Thalas.

Why not something with a little more flavor? Like Zod's Repeating Longbow or Arathar, the Eye of Flame?

I'm personally not very fond of the pre-cata Hunter tier sets. Besides the ICC one that is.
    Well I can't speak for everyone else, but I can speak for myself... I started raiding in Molten Core, back when the only ranged weapons were an ugly skeletal bow or a generic "hand cannon". Hunters that went above and beyond got the Lok'delar (sp), but even that got pretty generic.

Then move onto Blackwing Lair, where you were given the option of a big bent dragon neck or a giant orange dragon cannon. They were great attempts at creativity, but they fell short compared to most of the other weapons in that raid.

I'm not even going to mention the shit that dropped in AQ. That entire place was just awful...

For me, Burning Crusade was one of the first times that ranged weapons started getting really cool. Karazhan had the giant orange bow from the last boss, and Vashj dropped the Bristleblitz Striker. They were bows, and they were unique looking, but not corny or overdone.

In Burning Crusade, Black Temple and Sunwell were the end-game raids. As such, the weapons from those raids were highly coveted. Maybe Black Bow and Golden Bow aren't the MOST visually appealing bows in the game right now, but I think they easily do the best job of keeping their form as a bow and having stunning visuals without going so overboard as to be completely ridiculous (check out the crossbow from Throne of Thunder).

On top of that, I (and many others) feel BC was kind of the height of WoW raiding. Since the end of BC, the game started down the path of homogenization and nerfed content for casual players, and every other facet of watering down that you can imagine. For me, BC is my 'rose colored glasses' time, so all the weapons from there have a very special place in my nerd heart.

You don't have to agree with everyone else's choices, nor do you have to like them, but there's just understand that there's likely a lot more to it than you immediately realize.

On top of all that, Black Bow happens to match my set of choice perfectly. I'd gladly use something else if it fit better, but I have yet to find one:

black bow of the betrayer is literally the best looking bow in the game

and it doesn't look small/retarded when it is sheathed on the back

Deleted
    Changed the shoulders and the weapon.

This is what I've actually been able to put together in like 2 hours, farming and Auction House.

Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2013-04-06 at 02:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    Changed the shoulders and the weapon.

Those shoulders look better but i'm still think they look out of place, in the other hand, that gun looks really good with that set

I've been trying to put together a set that feels more "hunterly" in nature. Looking for pieces that have a leather, animal skins, etc. feel to them. This is where I'm currently at, though I'm still looking for a new chest piece and possibly a different belt. I'll likely lose the tabard if I get those pieces, but for now, I'm pretty happy with the look.

Full Size
    Last edited by Thalin; 2013-04-05 at 07:59 AM.

Deleted

If anyone has an idea of a nice green bow to go with this, I would much appreciate it.

Deleted
    That crossfire carbine is awesome, I will have to keep an eye out for it on the AH. Seems farming for it is a massive pain in the ass. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww, the new title is so productive and obvious now. So much for me referring to the thread as one giant hunter trap.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Sticked this and renamed this thread it since I felt that it needed to be stickied. I changed the name to an appropriate sticky title and to not have paladins posting in here again.
    Thank you!

I got my hunter to 90 a couple of weeks ago and I love transmog so I have been looking for this for ideas but when it wasn't stickied it was a pain in the butt to find.

My current look is pretty simple...the troll-ish BC JP vendor armor with Crown of Destruction and Golden Bow of Quel'Thalas. Honestly I'd prefer Heartstriker more to match the set but haven't had much time to start gathering up transmog outfits/weapons on this character yet.

My "Frost Queen" set, currently my main set

My Sunreaver set

Quote Originally Posted by Brewid View Post
    If anyone has an idea of a nice green bow to go with this, I would much appreciate it.
    Shrieking Bow is nice, but very hard to find.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewid View Post

Black Bow of the Betrayer I love this bow very much. Its not quite green but it has green Ball lights on it
    Last edited by Spichora; 2013-04-07 at 11:49 AM.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Black Bow of the Betrayer I love this bow very much. Its not quite green but it has green Ball lights on it
    Aww, going through that page made me quite sad. I came across a couple of these pics:

Miss quivers.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Thank you!

I got my hunter to 90 a couple of weeks ago and I love transmog so I have been looking for this for ideas but when it wasn't stickied it was a pain in the butt to find.

My current look is pretty simple...the troll-ish BC JP vendor armor with Crown of Destruction and Golden Bow of Quel'Thalas. Honestly I'd prefer Heartstriker more to match the set but haven't had much time to start gathering up transmog outfits/weapons on this character yet.
    There's a bow that's a BoE green LITERALLY made to match that set. Check my sig. It's the restrung VooDoo bow
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalin View Post
    I've been trying to put together a set that feels more "hunterly" in nature. Looking for pieces that have a leather, animal skins, etc. feel to them. This is where I'm currently at, though I'm still looking for a new chest piece and possibly a different belt. I'll likely lose the tabard if I get those pieces, but for now, I'm pretty happy with the look.

Full Size
    I'm sorry to tell you these but... I WILL KILL YOU AND LOOT YOUR SET CAUSE IT LOOKS SO FREAKING AWESOME!, BTW i think the tabards make the set looks really good, so i don't think you should change it

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 09:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Weirdbear View Post
    I agree that guns or xbow will suit better that set

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post

I agree that guns or xbow will suit better that set
    Yes they MIGHT be better, but considering that he has Pandaren Bow should be best. I dont like how Pandarens use Cbows and Guns
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!