Question Prot Warrior 2nd Wind PVP

Yesterday...2s match went to full length, we both lost points. My partner (resto sham) and I(feral druid), went up against a demo lock and prot warrior....dropped the lock relatively quickly, the rest of the entire match was me on the warrior and him just living. hovering around 1/3 or less of his health...We would coordinate our cds to try and burst the last bit of his health, then he would use his defensive cds to survive them.

Broken?

What to do?

We did the math..he was healing roughly for 15k health per second (rounding up). With all of the blocks/parry/dodging he was doing..recount showed I was doing 9k dps. wtf.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oozoo/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pazzz View Post
    Yesterday...2s match went to full length, we both lost points. My partner (resto sham) and I(feral druid), went up against a demo lock and prot warrior....dropped the lock relatively quickly, the rest of the entire match was me on the warrior and him just living. hovering around 1/3 or less of his health...We would coordinate our cds to try and burst the last bit of his health, then he would use his defensive cds to survive them.

Broken?

What to do?

We did the math..he was healing roughly for 15k health per second (rounding up). With all of the blocks/parry/dodging he was doing..recount showed I was doing 9k dps. wtf.

"We would coordinate our cds to try and burst the last bit of his health, then he would use his defensive cds to survive them."

how is something broken when you got out played?remember your fighting a tank,they are not easy to kill regardless of class.ever try to kill a blood dk as melee?remember 2's are broken much like the rest of wows pvp.its not one class but all of them and wow devs are to blame.so the warrior hovered at 1/3 of his health with the proper use of his cds.i did not read where you said it was hard to drop him from full down to 1/3?2nd wind need to be strong,its his ONLY heal.

you said yourself you killed the lock quick right?so one could look at that as your OP'ed and locks need buffs,see where im going with this?also you are runing dps/healer in 2's.be prepared for matches to time out,alot.your best bet is to run double dps with a rogue or hunter.your a feral,you can heal and cc a alot.pick a target cc him,then you and your partner global the other.dont get pissed over 2's or wow pvp,its not worth it.

Deleted
    We did the math..he was healing roughly for 15k health per second (rounding up). With all of the blocks/parry/dodging he was doing..recount showed I was doing 9k dps.
    I doubt he was doing more then 9k-10k max per sec, battle fatigue affects % heals you know. You need to get his cds without using yours. Also take into account that he doesnt heal while stunned in second wind, also he cant use active defense while not in melee range. Get him under impression that he is getting a kill to force him offensive trinket than kill him in stun with cds. One prot shouldnt be problem, worse would be if there were two of them. Just like double Blood DK.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I came up against the same team last night playing arms and healer, Destroyed the lock, and it did take a couple minutes to get the tank down. I am well geared on my Warrior and play at a 2k plus mmr in 3s, lower for 2s to cap. 2200+ exp. I could see how someone w less experience could have problems, it felt like i was dpsing a PvE boss at times, he would just stand there and take it while putting out decent damage.

Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    doesnt heal while stunned in second wind, also he cant use active defense while not in melee range.
    Thanks for replies.
    Didnt know this about the stunned healing. Could you explain the active defense comment?

To the blood dk comments. I've had much better luck killing blood dks as feral...I've found fighting them is the worst thing to do...I run in, put on my bleeds and run away...rinse and repeat for dead dks. But this warrior. It was very frustrating.

I feel like im a decent player...Ive been right below 2k rating b4(as resto in other xpacs, just came back to MOP), but I didnt know wth to do.
    Last edited by Pazzz; 2013-04-09 at 03:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not Second Wind. It's Shield Barrier. Prot Warriors basically have Shield Barrier uptime at 100% because unlike Arms, they swim in rage. Shield Barrier combined with 25% damage reduction from Defensive stance, high armor mitigation, Weakened Blows debuff, Shield Wall, Last Stand, Rallying Cry, Spell Reflection, Shockwave, 12 second charge stun, Disarm and Demoralizing Banner make Prot Warriors seem even more invincible against any melee over blood DK's.

Personally I love it. I love the fact that a Protection Warrior is a heavy armored juggernaut in pvp.

I doubt he was doing more then 9k-10k max per sec, battle fatigue affects % heals you know. You need to get his cds without using yours. Also take into account that he doesnt heal while stunned in second wind, also he cant use active defense while not in melee range. Get him under impression that he is getting a kill to force him offensive trinket than kill him in stun with cds. One prot shouldnt be problem, worse would be if there were two of them. Just like double Blood DK.
    they revert that change. second wind is always active.

and the active defense he probebly mean shield barrier http://www.wowhead.com/spell=112048.
    the more rage he got the more dmg he is going to absorb.
    Last edited by loki504; 2013-04-09 at 05:29 AM.

Also take into account that he doesnt heal while stunned in second wind, also he cant use active defense while not in melee range. Get him under impression that he is getting a kill to force him offensive trinket than kill him in stun with cds. One prot shouldnt be problem, worse would be if there were two of them. Just like double Blood DK.
    Wrong on the stun portion. That change was reverted.

Right on everything else though.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    It's not Second Wind. It's Shield Barrier. Prot Warriors basically have Shield Barrier uptime at 100% because unlike Arms, they swim in rage. Shield Barrier combined with 25% damage reduction from Defensive stance, high armor mitigation, Weakened Blows debuff, Shield Wall, Last Stand, Rallying Cry, Spell Reflection, Shockwave, 12 second charge stun, Disarm and Demoralizing Banner make Prot Warriors seem even more invincible against any melee over blood DK's.

Personally I love it. I love the fact that a Protection Warrior is a heavy armored juggernaut in pvp.
    My concern is that it feels like Blizzard doesn't want tanks to do anything but not-die anymore. Prot no longer has the capability to protect teammates and control enemies the way it did back in previous expansions, and it feels like a lot of Prot's toys (Gag Order, Shockwave, Safeguard, etc) have been removed and/or nerfed in order to prevent them from being problematic when used by Arms or Fury (though I don't think Fury is popular right now.)

It makes me sad. I enjoy the idea of balancing Rage between damage output and defense, but that's not really what happens - Heroic Strike and other rage-consuming abilities do so little damage that you don't really gain anything by using them over Shield Block or Shield Barrier, so it's not really a decision. I was hoping that maybe 5.3 would bring some interesting changes, but Blizzard seems to be dead-set on the idea of tanks being impossible to kill and boring as hell to play.

Guess it's time to play a shaman :/
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I'm a protection warrior in pvp myself and i admit that infact we are rather hard to kill but that is the way it should be? I mean if tanks would be squishy we wouldn't have a use in this game.

But there is a downside to all of this for prot warriors, and other tanks aswell. it's the fact that the damage we deal is rather low. We cannot burst the big Jebus out of someone our only strenght over other classes is out survivability. And our moment of glory is when we reach around 30% HP , but non the less we as prot warriors have a weakness at 30% . Most of the time at this point every warrior will be popping shieldwall, Laststand and rallying cry combined with Demo shout and that weakness banner thingy . The key is to disarm (Hex will also help) a warrior right before the point where he does this and pew pew him down. Feral druids have very strong bleeds so just rip, trash (and whatever you kitties have) us and you will do fine

And remember a tank without a shield is a fish in a barrel, just shoot it

It's not Second Wind. It's Shield Barrier. Prot Warriors basically have Shield Barrier uptime at 100% because unlike Arms, they swim in rage.
    Nope. Shield barrier is affected by vengance, which is not working in PvP. And 2s in arena? I go 'Bitch please' whenever i enter it, so dont bother to play 2s unless it's for a quick cap or you are lock/shaman or rogue/mage.
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudle View Post
    Nope. Shield barrier is affected by vengance, which is not working in PvP. And 2s in arena? I go 'Bitch please' whenever i enter it, so dont bother to play 2s unless it's for a quick cap or you are lock/shaman or rogue/mage.
    Did not know this. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberpiggie View Post
    I'm a protection warrior in pvp myself and i admit that infact we are rather hard to kill but that is the way it should be? I mean if tanks would be squishy we wouldn't have a use in this game.

But there is a downside to all of this for prot warriors, and other tanks aswell. it's the fact that the damage we deal is rather low. We cannot burst the big Jebus out of someone our only strenght over other classes is out survivability. And our moment of glory is when we reach around 30% HP , but non the less we as prot warriors have a weakness at 30% . Most of the time at this point every warrior will be popping shieldwall, Laststand and rallying cry combined with Demo shout and that weakness banner thingy . The key is to disarm (Hex will also help) a warrior right before the point where he does this and pew pew him down. Feral druids have very strong bleeds so just rip, trash (and whatever you kitties have) us and you will do fine

And remember a tank without a shield is a fish in a barrel, just shoot it
    Well, it used to be that tanks stayed alive (well, warriors did) through control and mobility rather than mashing a ABSORB DAMAGE button. Personally I thought this was more fun, especially since that control (stuns, disarms, snares, etc) could be used to keep others alive as well as yourself.

I suppose this variation of PvP tank is easier to balance, though. It's just not very fun to play if you aren't carrying flags
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I suppose this variation of PvP tank is easier to balance, though. It's just not very fun to play if you aren't carrying flags
    Personally i disagree with you here PizzaShark i find it rather fun to play as a Prot in Pvp I love watching ppl try to take me down but eventually giving up it's silly i know but i like it

Broken?

What to do?

Your best bet would have been to sun lock him to nulify any healing. When the patch notes were in BETA I read that Warriors don't benefit from second wind if they are stunned. I don't know if it went live, if it did, then that is the best way to kill a Warrior. However, if you had a death knight you would have it easy. Spam Necros all day.

ya..I was def. wishing I had some sort of healing reduction. Someone before mentioned second wind still working during stuns? Anyone know for sure? Also, stunning him gives rage....rage = more barriers -_- vicious cycle.

Maybe stop playing dps/healer in 2s. it is stupid. 2s is for double dps