Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 3h
    Is anyone having trouble with Stampede lag who is running modless? As far as we know, this is an add-on issue, not one of our bugs.

--- POsted 3 hours ago. THIS EXISTED ON PTR WHEN NO ADDONS WERE ENABLED

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
    Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 3h
    Is anyone having trouble with Stampede lag who is running modless? As far as we know, this is an add-on issue, not one of our bugs.
    Problem here is that...

Anyway, imagine your... Computer as hierarchy stating from the metal (hardware) to the top running application - e.g. hardware -> BIOS -> OS -> WoW -> Skada.
    If any of layers are able to make problems in the underlining tiers, then the first layer below problematic application is coded in the wrong way. If this really is a problem caused by addon, then we should all get the message as soon as Stampede is up - "Addon X has stopped working!"

Small update from GC:

@angryMeleti We can't reproduce Stampede lag sans add-ons. If anyone has any steps, we can try them out.
    @angryMeleti Also, it might happen if anyone in your group has a bad or outdated addon, not just the hunter.
    @angryMeleti Somehow related to error handlers not handling unknown unit frames correctly, esp. on big fights like Ji-Kun / SoF.
    @angryMeleti It's certainly possible we're wrong or don't have the whole story, but that is our current information on Stampede lag.
    I'm going to see if I can produce the bug myself tonight, but if anyone has some more information feel free to jump in.

Keep in mind, WoW is an 8+(?) year old game that has had a bunch of stuff basically crammed in and expected to work. If Blizz would actually redesign the games engine for technology made in, let's say, the last 5 years, crap like this wouldn't happen. There's a reason people can claim to run the latest Crysis on the highest settings at 60 FPS and choke out in 25m in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Izonami View Post
    Keep in mind, WoW is an 8+(?) year old game that has had a bunch of stuff basically crammed in and expected to work. If Blizz would actually redesign the games engine for technology made in, let's say, the last 5 years, crap like this wouldn't happen. There's a reason people can claim to run the latest Crysis on the highest settings at 60 FPS and choke out in 25m in WoW.
    Bugs happen whether the engine is 8 years old or 2 years old. The description GC gave indicates that the Stampede bug has nothing to do with the game engine.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Of course, I just meant things were more likely to happen with the Frankenstein-ish code base WoW must be by now. Add-ons, however, do seem to have some play in this, though I think it's a bit early for anyone (including GC) to say that they are the sole reason.

Again, why is Ghostcrawler ignoring the fact this happened on PTR during testing when ADDONS WERE DISABLED

This is a coding issue that doesn't properly interact with specific encounters.

Killed heroic Ji Kun 25m this week, didn't see the lag.

Having addons disabled personally does not actually rule out an addon problem, because addons can spam other players within a raid group through channel-based messaging that happens behind the scenes.

qq .
    Last edited by Titheon; 2013-04-09 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    Having addons disabled personally does not actually rule out an addon problem, because addons can spam other players within a raid group through channel-based messaging that happens behind the scenes.
    I asked around but no one had lag issues this week. Dunno what is going on.

Maybe they fixed it.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    I heard that it was caused by Skada, and was actually fixed in latest version
    Skada and recount are the culprit for hunter lag issues 9/10 times. Ever since they removed feeding your pet for happiness and all the issues that caused that is the first thing I check if I have issues on my hunter.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

They didn't, I accidentally used it on lei shen a couple of hours ago and lost 3 people because of the lag.

Simple to test isn't it? If you're getting "stampede lag" then switch off all addons and see if it's fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

ive experienced this on lei shen as well

but once again

this happened on PTR testing.............when addons were disabled for ptr..............so no one had addons........dundundundundundudn

You can have addons on and use them during the ptr testing. Mine worked.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    You can have addons on and use them during the ptr testing. Mine worked.

There was a time on 5.2 raiding testing when addons were disabled.

i run skada and we usually have 4 hunters in the raid and we all pretty much use stampede at the same time. No one in my raid has noticed any lag. It seems odd that there are people who can run skada/recount etc without any lag and others who can't. Those that are facing lag maybe have your raid disable all dps meters and then do an attempt and see if it is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by jinsu View Post
    i run skada and we usually have 4 hunters in the raid and we all pretty much use stampede at the same time. No one in my raid has noticed any lag. It seems odd that there are people who can run skada/recount etc without any lag and others who can't. Those that are facing lag maybe have your raid disable all dps meters and then do an attempt and see if it is still there.
    We also have fixed this in our raid by advocating players use Skada over Recount (if they're going to run meters at all). When Recount was disabled, no one in the raid has complained (just verified this again last night in normal Lei Shen). As far as I know, no one has complained about lag during Stampede after pausing/disabling Recount on their game.

On that note, if people complain about having to disable their damage meters (and they tend to), just tell them to do /recount pause before the battle and /recount pause after instead of logging and disabling (which is more of a pain).