10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so annoyed by the amount of Russians in this game..

Even when I specifically queue for English speaking regions and English as a language, I always manage to get paired with 2-3 russians who refuse to speak English (unless it's noob or fuck you). The worst part is they think they can 3v5 the game which results in a loss of course.

Deleted
    Is it possible to use boots of travel on the eagle summoned by beastmaster?
    If so that has to be an awesome team strat for the whole team to go boots of travel and teleport wherever they want?

Yes it is and yes BoTs are awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Yes it is and yes BoTs are awesome.
    awesome,can't agree more,you know of any pro games on youtube where they use this strat?
    unlike tranquil boots,they really nerfed them to the ground,25ms when focused is terrible
    Last edited by mmocba4f7a59a4; 2013-04-09 at 10:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Is it possible to use boots of travel on the eagle summoned by beastmaster?
    If so that has to be an awesome team strat for the whole team to go boots of travel and teleport wherever they want?
    You can also teleport to necrobook minions, treants, eidolons, and other summons IIRC.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    I remember this one clip from Dotacinema Top10, where Chen takes control of an enemy creep while the enemy pushes their base in, sends the creep to the enemy base, 3 people bot to it and win the game. Was pretty cool to see ^^

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Intentionally ruining games by doing stupid shit doesn't really seem like it'd do anything but make the problem worse.
    Who says they're ruined? You don't have to be conventional to be good, or effective. My support SF and support Juggernaut are very useful team assets.

Also cruise missile beastmaster build is the best. BoT is basically a blink if you teleport to hawk as it flies over trees except that blink gives you no stats and BoT makes you dark seer.

Deleted
    Intentionally ruining games by doing stupid shit doesn't really seem like it'd do anything but make the problem worse.
    So I'm not allowed to play the game in any other way than just copying?

Desolator clinkz bro
    http://dotabuff.com/players/93874877...atch_type=real
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/140977164

Saving teams and smashing nabs. If you'll notice, Deso is one of those <1% items that has a majority win rate. Learn the secrets!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daraiki View Post
    So I'm not allowed to play the game in any other way than just copying?
    No, but picking a support to play as a carry when it means your team is expecting you to support is a complete and total dick move.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    No, but picking a Hero to play as a late stage high damage dealer when it means your team is expecting you to play in a way you don't want is a complete and total dick move.
    Fixed that for ya.

There aren't support heroes, only heroes that can support and do it slightly better than most.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-04-09 at 09:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There aren't support heroes, only heroes that can support and do it slightly better than most.
    Because carry Jakiro works so well when you already have three heroes that are much better at carrying.

Because carry Jakiro works so well when you already have three heroes that are much better at carrying.
    No, because I totally forgot you can only play like a support or a hard carry. I also didn't realize my statement clearly implies that any hero that is often played as a support can at any time, regardless of circumstances, be played as a carry to achieve great results. I take this criticism that my untrained eye almost took for a strawman to my heart and apologize for the confusion caused by my badly thought-out comment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, because you can support as sven, and still get enough money to snowball into a Saurfang
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because I totally forgot you can only play like a support or a hard carry. I also didn't realize my statement clearly implies that any hero that is often played as a support can at any time, regardless of circumstances, be played as a carry to achieve great results. I take this criticism that my untrained eye almost took for a strawman to my heart and apologize for the confusion caused by my badly thought-out comment.
    How is this a strawman? The entire point is that when you pick a hero that is designated as support, a hero that is designed to be played as a support, your team is going to assume "okay, we have someone to buy wards/meka/push stick, I can pick a carry" and then if you're gonna try and play your hero as a carry, you are deliberately fucking over your team for... no reason, really.

How is this a strawman? The entire point is that when you pick a hero that is designated as support, a hero that is designed to be played as a support, your team is going to assume "okay, we have someone to buy wards/meka/push stick, I can pick a carry" and then if you're gonna try and play your hero as a carry, you are deliberately fucking over your team for... no reason, really.
    I'm pretty sure no dota hero is "designed" to be nothing but a support. Nice try. I'm not defending people who make obviously bad choices, I'm simply pointing out that their choices under different circumstances could be right ones. I once played roaming support Brew and had my ass carried by Rhasta. I'm pretty sure it was a page ~2 game too.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-04-10 at 06:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure no dota hero is "designed" to be nothing but a support. Nice try. I'm not defending people who make obviously bad choices, I'm simply pointing out that their choices under different circumstances could be right ones. I once played roaming support Brew and had my ass carried by Rhasta. I'm pretty sure it was a page ~2 game too.
    Good for you?

And, yes, heroes are "designed" for specific roles. You can play them otherwise because of how powerful items are in Dota relative to, say, League of Legends, but it's absolutely ridiculous to say that heroes aren't designed with specific playstyles in mind. You could support as Sniper, but due to his extreme item reliance, it'd be a very poor choice.

You could carry as Thrall, but because he has no passives or skills that really benefit from having a lot of farm (IAS, damage, etc), you wouldn't be as effective as a hero designed to be played as a carry.

And then you have heroes that are designed to be played in a variety of ways. Vengeful Spirit is both a stellar support and a competent carry. Panda can be played as a support, but he can also carry. Sven can support, but he can also carry.

The common denominator between "carries" and "supports" are that carries aren't very useful without items, while supports rapidly hit a soft-cap of effectiveness when given unlimited gold. A Rhasta with 20,000 gold will always be less effective at killing shit than a Sniper with 20,000 gold. A Sniper with 3,500 gold will always be less effective than a Rhasta with 3,500 gold. Because they are designed that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the only way a "carry designed character" like sniper can support you, is harrass enemy and secure/drop-someone-low-enough-to-be-killed kills with ult. So you will have enough gold to get items.
    Usually, if you have a "support carry", you need to deny enemy hyper carry farm by ganks and end this game quickly, or buy enough time for your team to get huge item advantage (divine rapier in dazzle team rocks).

From my experience, i can say that Doom, Sven, Ogre, Bala, Bara are good supports. It's just relies on team composition and your teammates.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-04-10 at 07:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    The common denominator between "carries" and "supports" are that carries aren't very useful without items, while supports rapidly hit a soft-cap of effectiveness when given unlimited gold. A Rhasta with 20,000 gold will always be less effective at killing shit than a Sniper with 20,000 gold. A Sniper with 3,500 gold will always be less effective than a Rhasta with 3,500 gold. Because they are designed that way.
    And just how often do you have games where two self-appointed carries have the same gold but one wins out simply because of modifiers when you could've not otherwise just played better to win?
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2013-04-10 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Remind me to never try to formulate sentences when I'm tired.