Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Yeah that's just stupid, not justice at all and is vengeance. Did you lose money here? If not, why do you care so much? People do this all the time, maybe I just don't see the big deal with all the "beggers" I have seen.
    I care because people lie, cheat and steal in this country and repeatedly do it and get away with it. From something as petty as stealing M&Ms at a gas station to potential corruption in the government. Do you think this kid will learn anything by a bunch of people calling him a terrible person? Fuck no. On top of that, he will find a way to scam again. People like this that make a partial living off of deceit are habitual at it. He took advantage of people that wanted to be nice and help someone in need, that's way more fucking disgusting than him actually losing his legs. People need to be held accountable for the shitty things they do. I didn't say I was going to hit him with a truck, I said he should get hit with a truck and he'd learn a lesson.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 12:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post

i hope this doesn't get infracted lol... it's extremely relevant to the story.
    Does anybody know what Kripp was actually saying WOW to? I miss his stream but since he stopped playing WoW i lost interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Negative sexuality? And the bracket for that in general is thought to be 15-19, where 17 falls smack middle of.
    And not to turn this into a sexual debate, but the line has to be drawn somewhere.
    Not at 17, not at 17 when they're turning 18 in a few months, especially. Line drawn around 14-15, but 17 is too old.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 08:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    I care because people lie, cheat and steal in this country and repeatedly do it and get away with it. From something as petty as stealing M&Ms at a gas station to potential corruption in the government. Do you think this kid will learn anything by a bunch of people calling him a terrible person? Fuck no. On top of that, he will find a way to scam again. People like this that make a partial living off of deceit are habitual at it. He took advantage of people that wanted to be nice and help someone in need, that's way more fucking disgusting than him actually losing his legs. People need to be held accountable for the shitty things they do. I didn't say I was going to hit him with a truck, I said he should get hit with a truck and he'd learn a lesson.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 12:05 PM ----------

Does anybody know what Kripp was actually saying WOW to? I miss his stream but since he stopped playing WoW i lost interest.
    Right, what lesson will that teach?

Deleted
    Not at 17, not at 17 when they're turning 18 in a few months, especially. Line drawn around 14-15, but 17 is too old.
    "Around 14-15" is not a line. It has to be exact. And in all fairness the causality part of the brain can take upto mid 20's to develop, so that's why there has to be one, and most likely why the line is set at an age which might feel too old for some. I'm not saying that it's horribly wrong (or that I agree where the line is set) to have sex with a 17-year old if you're an adult, but it most certainly isn't too smart either.

"Around 14-15" is not a line. It has to be exact. And in all fairness the causality part of the brain can take upto mid 20's to develop, so that's why there has to be one, and most likely why the line is set at an age which might feel too old for some. I'm not saying that it's horribly wrong (or that I agree where the line is set) to have sex with a 17-year old if you're an adult, but it most certainly isn't too smart either.
    If the 17 year old is turning 18 in 4 months then the law is going to do neither party any good.

14-15 is a good enough line, why do you need an "exact" line?

Deleted
    If the 17 year old is turning 18 in 4 months then the law is going to do neither party any good.

14-15 is a good enough line, why do you need an "exact" line?
    Because legislation isn't, and can't be subjective. That's why there needs to be clearly set lines, boundaries and frames.

Because legislation isn't, and can't be subjective. That's why there needs to be clearly set lines, boundaries and frames.
    You can't set limits to an arbitrary age. (18 you're okay! 18 in 3 months illegal!!!)

What is gong to be so different about that person mental state in 3 months?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Is a forced and insincere apology really necessary? He's wouldn't be sorry for saying he was crippled when he actually wasn't, he would be sorry for getting CAUGHT. This is why I hate the idea of a public apology. Its complete bullshit, they are only sorry they got caught. If they weren't caught, they would still be doing it.
    The internet will punish him by proxy of his family and friends, give it a few weeks and he will be ostracized from anyone the internet knows he associates with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe that both of them acted like so nonchalant about it plus it wouldn't have taken that much effort to leave in the wheelchair - but I'm glad he screwed up by getting up and walking (serves him right!) Problem is, he'll just come up with another way to scam people.

Also, there was a time when I had just finished shopping at WalMart, and this guy comes along and asks for just some change because he ran out of gas - so I gave him a quarter (or a dime - can't remember what it was). I wound up having to go back to WalMart a few days afterwards, and the same guy came up to me again with the same excuse!! I didn't give him any money afterwards.

Deleted
    Just one reason as to why I never donate money to live streamers.
    1. I don't know them
    2. I'd rather donate money to someone who actually needs it to live and not to buy a new graphics card
    3. Some of them could be full of shit
    4. I don't think you should be asking for money in the first place unless you're struggling to live, which as I said above, some people are and are in much more dire need of donations.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 02:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    Probably found a new talent he missed in the nuclear reactor manual talent "tree" in Path of Exile.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Fraud ? Its a donation not a business investment...
    It has been posted several times why it is considered fraud within this thread. How about you actually read some of them rather than simply post redundant dribble.

As somebody who is legitimately disabled in a form;

This is one of /the/ most disgusting things I have ever read about off the gaming community.
    I've been losing faith in it the more I participate and get involved but this takes the cake.

Luckily his channel's been shut down but I honestly don't think I can trust people on these matters.
    Which is annoying as hell because I was planning on trying to raise awareness for Tourettes once my stream got a bit more active.

Screw this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    As somebody who is legitimately disabled in a form;

This is one of /the/ most disgusting things I have ever read about off the gaming community.
    I've been losing faith in it the more I participate and get involved but this takes the cake.

Luckily his channel's been shut down but I honestly don't think I can trust people on these matters.
    Which is annoying as hell because I was planning on trying to raise awareness for Tourettes once my stream got a bit more active.

Screw this.
    I feel ya, but don't let one scumbag discourage you, there's people that will just do anything they can to make easy money, they will degrade themselves to unfathomable depths and with zero regard for other people, it's always been like that. What's sad is that it often works, the same people that bully, lie, steal, that 'aggressive' behaviour tends to work in our world, politics, the law, they are fucking everywhere.

Anyway, enough ranting on my part. Just do your thing and make a difference. Try, if you fail - try again, keep those defenses up. People like them should not make such of a negative impact on the good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    It has been posted several times why it is considered fraud within this thread. How about you actually read some of them rather than simply post redundant dribble.
    Because he is right you are donating to him not a charity.

Shit is fucking sad.

Girls "streaming" games while making their webcam take more than half of their stream in whore-ish cloths asking for donations are worse tough.

Guess its the new form of prostitution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Shit is fucking sad.

Girls "streaming" games while making their webcam take more than half of their stream in whore-ish cloths asking for donations are worse tough.

Guess its the new form of prostitution.
    Women using their bodies to take advantage of desperate men isn't anything new, it's just modernised.

Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    Women using their bodies to take advantage of desperate men isn't anything new, it's just modernised.
    Men can use theirs too. I have been known to give good tips based on looks.

I think people like you are over reacting.
    This. What he did was horrible and morally questionable but it is hardly the crime of the century. That and people should probably be more up in arms about the various scams going on in our society that affect them directly, such as corrupt politicians and bankers.

Deleted
    Zilian done 1 good thing for me, he showed me how many people feel bad for a disabled person, i know for a fact that disabled people do not want to be treated differently.

And now we have lots of people angry because they were tricked by a scumbag, all the while this outrage has offended genuinely disabled people the world around because you guys treated him differently. He wasnt just a shit streamer, he was the shit streamer in the wheelchair.

Discrimination comes in all shapes and sizes, next time donate to the gay guy because hes funny, or donate to the black guy because hes awesome. you guys are scumbags and are just as bad if not worse than him. Live long and suck it!

Quote Originally Posted by Superp View Post
    Zilian done 1 good thing for me, he showed me how many people feel bad for a disabled person, i know for a fact that disabled people do not want to be treated differently.

And now we have lots of people angry because they were tricked by a scumbag, all the while this outrage has offended genuinely disabled people the world around because you guys treated him differently. He wasnt just a shit streamer, he was the shit streamer in the wheelchair.

Discrimination comes in all shapes and sizes, next time donate to the gay guy because hes funny, or donate to the black guy because hes awesome. you guys are scumbags and are just as bad if not worse than him. Live long and suck it!
    People are not born equal. Disabled people have to deal with it like anyone else. Pretending everythings normal when its not doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Because he is right you are donating to him not a charity.
    Except its not, which was thoroughly explained to specifically you, which you continued to ignore.