[Holy] Bracers Choice

So I just got these with the 859 Spirit Roll.

http://www.wowdb.com/items/94751-arm...ed-abomination

How would you guys rate those vs

http://www.wowdb.com/items/95130-softscar-armplates

1k spirit from 1 item and drop 600 mastery?

I know askmrrobot shows the spirit as BiS but I also know askmrrobot isn't always right.

Just wanted to get the communities opinion

Personally I wouldn't take the mastery hit, but it all depends how comfortable you feel now with your regen

Worth keeping the spirit roll bracers though if you find you're lacking

I would take the pure spirit bracers and put a Zen wild jade (spirit mastery) gem in that thing. It gives more secondary stat and more int.

10+ Year Old Account
    The spirit ones simply for the socket. If you want more mastery reforge the spirit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I missing something? You gain 726 spirit but lose 652 mastery. There is no way I would give up the 652 mastery.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

The spirit ones are easily the best. Even if you want the mastery, simply put a 320 mastery gem in them and reforge the spirit to mastery. It will give more all round stats (more mastery, spirit and int).

That said, spirit is our best secondary stat in pretty much all circumstances except for really short burst healing (Tsulong etc). I'm running 18k spirit in raids and I would still take more if I could get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arayaa View Post
    The spirit ones are easily the best. Even if you want the mastery, simply put a 320 mastery gem in them and reforge the spirit to mastery. It will give more all round stats (more mastery, spirit and int).

That said, spirit is our best secondary stat in pretty much all circumstances except for really short burst healing (Tsulong etc). I'm running 18k spirit in raids and I would still take more if I could get it.
    how the hell do you have 18k spirit, i have 12-13k which would only go up to 16k if I ran with 2 spirit trinkets.

Also, what is your progression, raid size, healing cadre? I don't doubt that infinite mana is nice, but, at some point I'd value short-term throughput over spirit.

That said, I agree that the spirit ones are easily the better choice

If you use a Zen Wild Jade in the socket, it comes down to:

60 Int+565Spi for the Armplates of the Vanquished Abomination
    492 mastery for the Softscar Armplates

If you want more regen, use Armplates. More throughput, use Softscar. I would use Armplates in my situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    how the hell do you have 18k spirit, i have 12-13k which would only go up to 16k if I ran with 2 spirit trinkets.

Also, what is your progression, raid size, healing cadre? I don't doubt that infinite mana is nice, but, at some point I'd value short-term throughput over spirit.

That said, I agree that the spirit ones are easily the better choice
    They probably mean with flasks and food. If I didn't forgo a lot of non tier 522 upgrades to keep 4p tier 14, I could definitely could run about 18k if not more. I know I was like 16k when I tested out 2 piece tier 15 while still having 2 normal pieces of tier 14 and overall 518 ilvl, no static spirit trinkets and using a spirit flask and int food. JC+BS can net a lot of spirit, and Alch(with spirit flask obviously)+BS nets more.

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 02:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yzyz View Post
    Am I missing something? You gain 726 spirit but lose 652 mastery. There is no way I would give up the 652 mastery.
    Reforge the spirit to mastery and gem a Zen and you aren't losing much mastery while still gaining spirit and a little int. Those bracers are better than the valor ones.

If I didn't completely mess up the calculations those bracers gemmed with a Zen the bracers and reforged for mastery would equal.
    1302 stam
    928 int
    675 Spirit
    503 mastery

I personally would still keep them full spirit and gem spirit so I could change out some other gems for better socket bonuses, but to each their own.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-04-10 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    The spirit ones simply for the socket. If you want more mastery reforge the spirit.
    This post wins the thread.

If you don't already have the VP ones I'd stick with the drop you got. The socket is extra stats and if you really don't need the spirit you can reforge into mastery from it, although I wouldn't. It really depends how much spirit you're sitting on right now and if you're running oom or not. If you're not ooming, reforge the spirit.

why would you reforge out of spirit?

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Depending on play-style, raid difficulty, with enough gear you can comfortably chose throughput over regen. The fact that healer gearing is pretty dependent on an individual's raid is largely why there isn't a unanimous decision here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moodawg View Post
    Depending on play-style, raid difficulty, with enough gear you can comfortably chose throughput over regen. The fact that healer gearing is pretty dependent on an individual's raid is largely why there isn't a unanimous decision here.
    The thing is those bracers have the potential to provide more throughput than the valor ones while providing more regen due to that gem socket, so it really shouldn't be much of a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    The thing is those bracers have the potential to provide more throughput than the valor ones while providing more regen due to that gem socket, so it really shouldn't be much of a debate.
    Not much of a debate? Not with that lack of logic, I guess. Healing isn't about pure HPS like DPS is. Do you heal often? Mana regeneration is only important until you don't need it any more. The point I made, and the points other people made that say the valor bracers could be better for him, is that if he doesn't need the spirit, the valor bracers are a fair choice.

The difference between the drop versus valor, assuming mastery/spirit gem and no reforge, is: +566 spi / +60 int / -492 mastery. Almost 500 mastery versus 60 int is absolutely no contest; mastery wins. However, if he only raids normals and won't suffer from loosing 566 spirit, then he'll see more throughput from the valor bracers. We don't know how he heals, so without knowing that we won't know what he really would benefit from. If he ever runs dry, the spirit bracers are definitely better. IF he never runs dry and he stacks his mastery shields outside of damage phases, the valor bracers will suit him better.

Not much of a debate? Not with that lack of logic, I guess. Healing isn't about pure HPS like DPS is. Do you heal often? Mana regeneration is only important until you don't need it any more. The point I made, and the points other people made that say the valor bracers could be better for him, is that if he doesn't need the spirit, the valor bracers are a fair choice.

The difference between the drop versus valor, assuming mastery/spirit gem and no reforge, is: +566 spi / +60 int / -492 mastery. Almost 500 mastery versus 60 int is absolutely no contest; mastery wins. However, if he only raids normals and won't suffer from loosing 566 spirit, then he'll see more throughput from the valor bracers. We don't know how he heals, so without knowing that we won't know what he really would benefit from. If he ever runs dry, the spirit bracers are definitely better. IF he never runs dry and he stacks his mastery shields outside of damage phases, the valor bracers will suit him better.
    Yeah because reforging doesn't exist... right? That's what your post hinges on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's keep it civil, please.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

10+ Year Old Account

Yes I heal often, it is my main spec. I can do the math and compare the two bracers. You are thinking that you can only gem spirit, not reforge, and that mastery is the ultimate throughput stat, even over int.

I did the math already for reforging for mastery while using a zen gem. You would lose 149 mastery and gain 222 spirit and 60 int. You want more mastery, use a full mastery gem and gain 11 mastery and 60 int over the valor bracers at the cost of the 160 spirit you lost from the zen gem in the previous calculations. Those bracers are better than the valor ones. That is all there is to it. The gem socket gives you the potential to get more throughput than the valor bracers.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-04-12 at 03:30 AM.

Deleted
    Not much of a debate? Not with that lack of logic, I guess.
    No debate no. For easyness sake put in a pure 320 mastery gem and reforge the spirit to mastery. That would make the random bracer enchant have more of ALL three stats you'd want: 62 more spirit, 11 more mastery and 60 intellect, while losing NOTHING. You even gain more customizable option due to socket.