Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darckli View Post
    The "Unknown" caster happens for some reason. Look at the targets for correct. I had 16, lock had 70. Though they aoe a lot more on this fight. The uptime for the lock is ~ 2x mine.
    If by AoE you mean havoc-ing the red adds, then sure. There isn't much AoE.

The fact that Locks get 5x our proccs is a bit ridiculous, especially when Haste doesn't benefit Fire nearly as much as it does for other speccs/classes. It's good, don't get me wrong, but not as good.

However, I am glad to see the procc rate's been changed dramatically and that it's now confirmed to be better than the 3% Crit meta.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    If by AoE you mean havoc-ing the red adds, then sure. There isn't much AoE.

The fact that Locks get 5x our proccs is a bit ridiculous, especially when Haste doesn't benefit Fire nearly as much as it does for other speccs/classes. It's good, don't get me wrong, but not as good.

However, I am glad to see the procc rate's been changed dramatically and that it's now confirmed to be better than the 3% Crit meta.
    It's Heroic Durumu. Lock's #1 damage is Rain of Fire, half their damage is to Ice Walls, and the little adds are constantly spawning and giving them free proc chances.

Still, factoring out the short pulls, it seems like 25-26% uptime for Mages. MUCH better than predicted with a .3 RPPM.
    Last edited by Darckli; 2013-04-11 at 06:23 AM.

It's Heroic Durumu. Lock's #1 damage is Rain of Fire, half their damage is to Ice Walls, and the little adds are constantly spawning and giving them free proc chances.

Still, factoring out the short pulls, it seems like 25-26% uptime for Mages. MUCH better than predicted with a .3 RPPM.
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Heroic, right, forgot about that! I'm a nub and just now getting to do H Jin'rohk lol

Fire* Mages. It is much better, but it's still quite low compared to Warlocks.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

MUCH better than predicted with a .3 RPPM.
    If I understand it correct, it's 1.18 base times .3 for being a fire mage and then haste will increase it just like the RPPM trinkets.
    Last edited by DeathDefier; 2013-04-12 at 05:47 AM.

I have the gem but sadly lack a helm with a high enough iLvl to equip it =/ If I do acquire one soon I'll post my findings

Quote Originally Posted by DeathDefier View Post
    If I understand it correct, it's 1.18 base times .3 for being a fire mage and then haste will increase it just like the RPPM trinkets.
    It's been buffed dramatically; it has to be.

1.18 x .3 = .354 times a minute, which rounds up to almost 1 every 3m.

25% uptime definitely says otherwise.

Deleted
    It's been buffed dramatically; it has to be.

1.18 x .3 = .354 times a minute, which rounds up to almost 1 every 3m.

25% uptime definitely says otherwise.
    Not buffed, just RPPM = more haste more proccs...

Quote Originally Posted by Freeh View Post
    Except a 10 second proc every 3 minutes is 6% uptime. Looks like 25% is a accurate estimate, I got mine last night and its up very often. There has been a buff to its proc rate at some point.

Yes it probably was buffed, but you guys both keep ignoring the fact that haste most likely increases the PPM.

I have actually had the meta gem apply two separate applications of the buff, pushing me to 138% haste... which really insane, as far as i know, and have observed, majority of the time it refreshes the current buff, but sometimes it just breaks.

These are my current uptimes on various bosses playing as frost. (tried it on horridon as fire, didn't like it one bit, only saw a few procs every now and then, and it was never at a good time)

H horridon - 23.7% 158.2 seconds, 19 procs.
    N council - 31.5% 84.1 seconds, 11 procs.
    N tortos - 25.3% 54.6 seconds. 7 procs
    N megaera - 25.9% 94.7 seconds 11
    H ji-kun - 39.2% 213 seconds 18 procs (not sure how i have 213 seconds... i do recall it having multiple double applications)
    N durumu - 37.3% 121.5 seconds 16 procs.
    N primodius - 28.8% 97.5 seconds 11 procs.
    N Animus - 34% 124 seconds, 14 procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    I have actually had the meta gem apply two separate applications of the buff, pushing me to 138% haste... which really insane, as far as i know, and have observed, majority of the time it refreshes the current buff, but sometimes it just breaks.

These are my current uptimes on various bosses playing as frost. (tried it on horridon as fire, didn't like it one bit, only saw a few procs every now and then, and it was never at a good time)

H horridon - 23.7% 158.2 seconds, 19 procs.
    N council - 31.5% 84.1 seconds, 11 procs.
    N tortos - 25.3% 54.6 seconds. 7 procs
    N megaera - 25.9% 94.7 seconds 11
    H ji-kun - 39.2% 213 seconds 18 procs (not sure how i have 213 seconds... i do recall it having multiple double applications)
    N durumu - 37.3% 121.5 seconds 16 procs.
    N primodius - 28.8% 97.5 seconds 11 procs.
    N Animus - 34% 124 seconds, 14 procs.
    I'm not sure what it is with Ji-Kun but I have seen SEVERAL logs where PPM trinkets act up on this encounter. I had one instance where Breath of the Hydra had 84% uptime, which is completely insane. This has not happened to only me but several other classes/specs in my raid. Interesting at the least.....

Deleted
    For people saying AoE for destruction is giving them a better proc chance, that's bull. RPPM is designed to normalize proc chances no matter how quickly you are hitting things.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathDefier View Post
    Yes it probably was buffed, but you guys both keep ignoring the fact that haste most likely increases the PPM.
    Haste won't quadruple your proccs, especially at the low levels Fire is at.

On a .5 RPPM, IIRC my Haste (~15%) would increase it to .65 (Can't remember exact numbers, but it's around that).

What on Azeroth makes you think that an even lower RPPM would scale higher?
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-04-13 at 09:10 PM.

Got my meta last night. Ran some LFR and shit is ridiculous. Averaging 22-25% uptime

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NmezusBL View Post
    I'm not sure what it is with Ji-Kun but I have seen SEVERAL logs where PPM trinkets act up on this encounter. I had one instance where Breath of the Hydra had 84% uptime, which is completely insane. This has not happened to only me but several other classes/specs in my raid. Interesting at the least.....
    It's because some nests are slightly out of combat log range, to my knowledge. So if you end up with a buff as you fly off, the person logging doesn't have the buff fade entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    It's because some nests are slightly out of combat log range, to my knowledge. So if you end up with a buff as you fly off, the person logging doesn't have the buff fade entry.
    That would make sense for the abnormal amount of time, guess i should log myself... make things easier.

Came here from the Ele forums because we're trying to figure out why we're getting ~25% uptime with a 1.891 coefficient. Seeing you guys get ~25% uptime with a 0.302 coefficient suggests that they never applied the different coefficients based on spec like they said (ie. everyone's coefficient is still 1.000).

Obviously for Ele, we want the bug fixed, but just a heads up.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../10/?enc=kills

^ my logs for last night, Jin'rohk through Primordius (kills only), giving me 87 proccs with an average uptime of 25.5% across all kills. Glad to know Fire didn't get completely fucked over.

Gotta say now that I have it, it feels really nice when it lines up for your Combustions. It gives you a ton of bonus ticks

Quote Originally Posted by Azlo View Post
    Came here from the Ele forums because we're trying to figure out why we're getting ~25% uptime with a 1.891 coefficient. Seeing you guys get ~25% uptime with a 0.302 coefficient suggests that they never applied the different coefficients based on spec like they said (ie. everyone's coefficient is still 1.000).

Obviously for Ele, we want the bug fixed, but just a heads up.
    I'm not sure you'd call this a bug. It could have been a stealth fix.

The problem though with our 0.302 coefficient would have made this thing almost never procc (roughly once in every four minutes, giving us a 4.167% uptime, which is laughable and even makes us question its use over the Burning meta.

I also think having a 1.891 coefficient would have given you a 55-65% uptime, and tbh, is that really fair to give a specific class/specc that much benefit out of a meta that everyone gets? (Especially when you guys benefit more out of Haste than we do, right? Same goes for Frost having a high coefficient)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../10/?enc=kills

^ my logs for last night, Jin'rohk through Primordius (kills only), giving me 87 proccs with an average uptime of 25.5% across all kills. Glad to know Fire didn't get completely fucked over.

Gotta say now that I have it, it feels really nice when it lines up for your Combustions. It gives you a ton of bonus ticks

I'm not sure you'd call this a bug. It could have been a stealth fix.

The problem though with our 0.302 coefficient would have made this thing almost never procc (roughly once in every four minutes, giving us a 4.167% uptime, which is laughable and even makes us question its use over the Burning meta.

I also think having a 1.891 coefficient would have given you a 55-65% uptime, and tbh, is that really fair to give a specific class/specc that much benefit out of a meta that everyone gets? (Especially when you guys benefit more out of Haste than we do, right? Same goes for Frost having a high coefficient)
    Ele would have ~45-50% uptime on the meta with a 1.891 coefficient, which is needed because they spend a large portion of the fight receiving drastically reduced benefit from it (whenever they cast lava burst/shocks, since the GCD cap is so easy to reach). This is precisely why the coefficient was implemented in the first place - at the base rate (~25% uptime), the meta is barely an upgrade over the burning primal diamond for elemental.

For what it's worth, I agree that the .302 coefficient for fire doesn't make a lot of sense.

Deleted
    Nah, I think it was a stealth change, every class is not at a 1 co-efficient. Even the logs earlier in this thread are showing the warlocks with 50-60% uptime and Ive seen other classes way above 25% too.