Page 1 of 73
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Holy mother 10man nerf

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/895...il_10-4_9_2013

Council of Elders
    • Decreased the power gain rate of possessed council members in 10-player Normal difficulty.
    • Frost King Malakk now deals less damage with each stack of Frostbite in 10-player Normal difficulty.
    • Sul the Sandcrawler now deals less damage with Sandbolt in 10-player Normal difficulty.
    Over-tuned fight on 10man slightly. Makes this faceroll defiantly.
    Don't know how to feel about this other than our undergeared 3rd team might actually get some progress now. For my main team this means I can slack.

Durumu the Forgotten
    Needed Nerf after changing how the beam moves. Not fun to get hit by the beam due to bug cause it moves faster and there is no where to run.

Horridon
    • Reduced the health of Farraki Wastewalkers, Gurubashi Venom priests, Drakkari Frozen Warlords, and Amani Warbears in the Horridon encounter by 15% in 10-player Normal difficulty.
    • Drakkari Frozen Warlord now deals less damage with Mortal Strike in 10-player Normal difficulty.
    • Risen Drakkari Champions and Warriors now deals less damage with Deadly Plague in 10-player Normal difficulty.
    Really just really. It was already easy. Again our 3rd team might get progress now. Means i can skumbag dps the boss :P

Tortos
    • Whirl Turtles now have a reduced base movement speed in 10-player Normal difficulty.
    • Vampiric Cave Bats now deal less damage in 10-player Normal difficulty.
    Nothing to say about this nerf other than i think it was needed. Though they should implemented it on 25-man as well.

Heart of Fear
    • Garalon
      • Garalon's enrage timer has been increased to 12 minutes, up from 7 minutes in 10-player and 25-player Normal difficulty.
    Fell of my chair when I saw this from laughter. How is this needed? They want us to go 5 healers now or something like that?

All in all some nerf i think was needed but come on. Well at least we have more time to progress now and won't have to waste time on the bosses beforehand since they become alot more faceroll.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    [url]
    heart of fear

garalon
    garalon's enrage timer has been increased to 12 minutes, up from 7 minutes in 10-player and 25-player normal difficulty..

lol wut madness is this?
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Can see where they're coming from with the nerfs to early tot bosses. It's front loaded with a fair amount of coordinate that's limited it's exposure. In particular council of elders, a lot of shit going on considering the next boss is tortos. Who cares about t14 nerfs at this point? It was always shooty design and at least now guilds who have yet to do so can move passed it.

If these were HM nerfs I'd be singing a different tune. But normal modes, they're there to be rolled similar to LFR. No point holding it off form the bulk of casual guilds.
    well primordus got nerfed in both 10/25 man hc only

But gotta agree that most of these nerf was needed. Wheter these nerf are only for casuals i don't agree on. i know many people who raid 20 hours + per week but are that good due to luck with gear and unluck with raiders. they have had 7 DE's so far
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Kind of surprised they wasted time nerfing Garalon, that fight was a tight enrage for that tier for sure, but with the ToT LFR and the 10% Reduced health I can't imagine many groups were still stuck on it, plus increasing it by 5 minutes means there's no real enrage at all, don't think that'd be possible to hit with a full group regardless of DPS.

As for the ToT nerfs, kind of surprised they nerfed Horridon again, and I'm really surprised that the nerf to the shell move speed on Tortos isn't happening in 25 man. Seems like if the speed of the shells is a problem it'd be a problem on both 10 and 25.

Nerf them all, let everyone have fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    But normal modes, they're there to be rolled similar to LFR. No point holding it off form the bulk of casual guilds.
    Dunno what you are smoking but you need a reality check bro. The gap between normal and heroic is waaay smaller than between normal and LFR. Of course normal feels easy for basement dweller guillds who raid 60 hours a week. But if guilds who also do HCs are the only ones who can clear normal that means a lot of people can't raid at all. Even if they were skilled, their gear would be 30 item levels too low for those guilds progress. Because LFR is an insult to anyone who can actually play, they'll most likely quit the motha f'*cking game.

Infracted; Don't generalize and flame. (by Sonnillon)
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-04-11 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    As for the ToT nerfs, kind of surprised they nerfed Horridon again, and I'm really surprised that the nerf to the shell move speed on Tortos isn't happening in 25 man. Seems like if the speed of the shells is a problem it'd be a problem on both 10 and 25.
    Probably just more access to more slows of different kinds on 25 (especially OP as fuck glyphed Curse of Exhaustion with Soulburn 70% slow haha). But yeah, it is a bit strange.

I would also say that people that arent already raiding tot and have spent 10's of hours wiping on the normal bosses wont even be taken to these raids unless they have achieves. 5 weeks in and new people need not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Think its due to 25m having more access to slows, in 10m you can be quite screwed with a group that has no decent access to slows.
    Last edited by Gags; 2013-04-11 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Someone bet me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal View Post
    Dunno what you are smoking but you need a reality check bro. The gap between normal and heroic is waaay smaller than between normal and LFR. Of course normal feels easy for basement dweller guillds who raid 60 hours a week. But if guilds who also do HCs are the only ones who can clear normal that means a lot of people can't raid at all. Even if they were skilled, their gear would be 30 item levels too low for those guilds progress. Because LFR is an insult to anyone who can actually play, they'll most likely quit the motha f'*cking game.
    I raid 6 hours a week (8 on a good week) and have killed heroics in TOT. Your insults are laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal View Post
    I always like to do this in answer to that kind of people: http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/.../Group+Therapy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    I raid 6 hours a week (8 on a good week) and have killed heroics in TOT. Your insults are laughable.
    Please refrain from attacking each other.

But yes im am really surprised on many of these nerf. at least it will be easier to get more geared people in the guild so we actually have some people to take from in case we are missing a core raider.

i dont agree with the horridon or council nerf at all..what needed to be fixed for council was the shan'ji guy or what ever his name is..we had had to take both our melee off of him and put them both on sul. it kinda worked for us as died sul way before he was ever possessed. but that possession was making my guildies 1 shot themselves. just saying if you have 2 melee dps with a minumum of 119k dps on sul he will drop very fast.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    i dont agree with the horridon or council nerf at all..what needed to be fixed for council was the shan'ji guy or what ever his name is..we had had to take both our melee off of him and put them both on sul. it kinda worked for us as died sul way before he was ever possessed. but that possession was making my guildies 1 shot themselves. just saying if you have 2 melee dps with a minumum of 119k dps on sul he will drop very fast.
    So your guildies tunnel vision a reflect damage mechanic and you cry out for a nerf? come on...

OT: i can understand Tortos nerfs, being limited on slows for the turtles.
    Bleh

eh he was killed thats all that matters. was actually a really easy fight once we got the hang of it..less than 4 wipes.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    well primordus got nerfed in both 10/25 man hc only
    This was probably to compensate for them "fixing" his damage reduction to actually being 75% less damage from non fully mutated players the other day. Brings the fight back to where it should be on heroic after being buffed to be harder in a recent hotfix.

Also, did normals today, Horridon/Council felt easier than normal, now I know why. Didn't seem to make it way easier though. Disease damage was the most noticeable nerf for my group, since we are dreadfully short of disease cures and this is usually the worst part of the fight for us as a result. Council nerfs were barely noticeable.

We thought the turtles were moving slower on Tortos. Now I know we weren't crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easier alt raids.
    No complaints here
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

The required DPS for normal mode Garalon is now ~272k raid dps. The highest parse for that fight is just 60k DPS shy.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-04-11 at 05:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    This was probably to compensate for them "fixing" his damage reduction to actually being 75% less damage from non fully mutated players the other day. Brings the fight back to where it should be on heroic after being buffed to be harder in a recent hotfix.
    The hotfix increased the difficulty of the encounter (dps wise) as most guilds would get the boss to roughly 90% before the majority of the raid is mutated. That's not gonna happen anymore when you're doing 25% damage.
    The nerf is justified, as it's only slight and *should* compensate for the damage hotfix.
    That being said, I've not seen the health values (will tonight) so who knows just how *slight* the nerf was.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    The required DPS for normal mode Garalon is now ~272k raid dps.
    which means the fight can be done by 10 disc priest..... i need to try this