Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    3/4 of those abilities have a cast bar Firefly, so you can time it right.
    Yeah, ofc. But the cast bars are fairly quick and if your reaction time is not on the ball, it is quite possible to miss them. The cast bar gives you 1-1.5 second in advance, the bm timer gives you several seconds the prepare.

Did not argue against boss swing mod. Just saying that he should use both and use them appropriately. As butler mentioned, on a fight like Sha, pay more attention to the boss swing and on a fight like horridon, pay more attention to the timers.

And sorry if it came off as offensive, I have the bad habbit of often doing that. No offense intended.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-04-11 at 08:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaMaria View Post
    So a bit of background, i re-rolled to prot paladin from DK because of what I think we can all agree are some pretty substantial advantages for 10m heroic raiding. The problem is while I thought I was pretty OK at prot (was my main alt), going through my logs, it is pretty abysmal.

Here is my armory - I would consider my gear good for a fresh re-roll, especially for early TOT heroic bosses.

Here are our logs. I've linked our two HC Horridon kills (gained about 1.5k haste since those btw). Last night we spent some time wiping on Torotos with a solo tank strategy. Once we had bat threat under control (no hunters for MDs and the crystal shell just fucks aggro on the first 1-2 waves), i found myself getting completely wrecked. I do think that a key problem was that the bats were alive too long (through a stomp) and so I panicked trying to keep SOTR up for bats but not having it up for the bite which was just the end of me.

In particular, I think my SOTR uptime is often low (high 30-mid 40s), especially if I am in a haste build. Based on firefly's earlier post around WOLs and maximising output, im pretty sure it is my rotation that is not good enough and therefore I am not doing a good job with HoPo generators.

You can also see that when I have HA up, I (sometimes) don't even have SoTR buff for the duration of HA, let alone for 10-20seconds after. So that is just shit.

I do find that I am saying "oh my DPS should be awesome" so often try to get a AS out asap, or HW or Judgement over CS since these abilities seem to hit harder, but I wouldnt be surprised if you tell me that the DPS you can put out with more SoTR+HP generators is very comparable and that the survivability is much higher.

An idea I am toying with is swapping to a mastery build for now, so I am less focused on mashing buttons to try and increase DPS, and focus on my rotation and proper timing of SoTR?

Thanks and please be brutal
    Dont know if this will help but you cannot have bat's up on stomp, you have 2 of the most op classes for it (rogue+ ele shaman) they should be 100% uptime on bat's. On the rotation part at least from my perspective CS > J > GCp > <FILLER> you need to prio HP generation and your SoTR uptime will go up.

Deleted
    Hello!

At which dodge and parry ratings I should start to consider looking more for dps gear?

I got like 3115 dodge rating and 3101 parry rating and as I have stumbled upon some posts, which state that too much dodge + parry is waste of stats, maybe some can advise me?

My char Rosole at Aszune on EU.
    Havent's gemmed and enchanted chest yet.

P.S. Still can't post links need to post more on mmo forum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by janux View Post
    Hello!

At which dodge and parry ratings I should start to consider looking more for dps gear?

I got like 3115 dodge rating and 3101 parry rating and as I have stumbled upon some posts, which state that too much dodge + parry is waste of stats, maybe some can advise me?

My char Rosole at Aszune on EU.
    Havent's gemmed and enchanted chest yet.

P.S. Still can't post links need to post more on mmo forum.
    I am sitting happily at 0 parry 0 dodge ( other than from strengths + enchants )

Deleted
    Hello there,

Our Guild is starting heroics this week so I thought I'm posting here to get some information how I should be able to avoid some dmg, gear improvements etc.
    I'm getting sometimes really hard hits (especially Magic Dmg)

Todays log: worldoflogs. com/reports/rt-5ag6czvjkw25i42r

Armory: eu.battle. net/wow/de/character/blackmoore/Sox%C3%ADd/simple

Wasn't really loot lucky the last weeks - buying BoE Boots (Haste/Mastery) tomorrow

Sry - unable to post links

Quote Originally Posted by soxid View Post
    Hello there,

Our Guild is starting heroics this week so I thought I'm posting here to get some information how I should be able to avoid some dmg, gear improvements etc.
    I'm getting sometimes really hard hits (especially Magic Dmg)

Todays log: www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5ag6czvjkw25i42r

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%ADd/advanced

Wasn't really loot lucky the last weeks - buying BoE Boots (Haste/Mastery) tomorrow

Sry - unable to post links
    Depending on how much valor you got.
    I would switch gloves for the valor healer ones (plate)
    Ring for valor dps one (522 one that you got)
    GID instead of fortitude with haste/exp and either hit/mastery.

Work on Sacred shield uptime (looking at some of the fights it's lowish)
    And work on wasting less HoP. Looking at your tort kill you've gained 120 HoPs and only spent a max of 78).

Deleted
    Don't get me wrong - but why would I buy the Valor Heal Gloves when I'm aiming for T15 2-Set BOnus (Gloves & Shoulders)
    The same goes for the Crit & haste ring - as far as I know is crit a bad stat - and Primordius still drops Hit&haste + socket ring

And exchangig Fortitude ... I'd like to keep at least one haste trinket

I downloaded a timer for SS since Forte doesn't work for me anymore(Needtoknow)

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 07:25 AM ----------

Sry for Double Post - Misread about the Trinket
    Valor capped again so I'd like to buy the Shado Pan Trinket

Don't get me wrong - but why would I buy the Valor Heal Gloves when I'm aiming for T15 2-Set BOnus (Gloves & Shoulders)
    The same goes for the Crit & haste ring - as far as I know is crit a bad stat - and Primordius still drops Hit&haste + socket ring

And exchangig Fortitude ... I'd like to keep at least one haste trinket

I downloaded a timer for SS since Forte doesn't work for me anymore(Needtoknow)
    Because you want to go for Helm / Shoulders 2 piece (if you are going for which isn't that beneficial).
    Crit is a meh stat, but so is dodge, and personally i favor haste over mastery. And yes there is a nice ring (and gloves) of primordius, i take it that they haven't drop, so it would be an upgrade (in my opinion)

Deleted
    For MH i suggest Jinrokh over Iron Quon?
    Cause I have both weapons in my Bags/Bank

Hi Guys,

I just recently switched from my bear tank main a week ago to my pally, just seeing if you guys can glance through my logs for the last 2 weeks and let me know how I'm doing for rotation cool down usage. Also any advice on next valor purchase would be much appreciated - I'll be at 1710 valor this week so currently debating grabbing dps trinket after reset?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...railz/advanced

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...e/?s=538&e=802
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...?s=5286&e=5982
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...?s=2285&e=2818
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4...?s=5693&e=6235
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4...s=9823&e=10247

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

hey guys
    ive been pally tanking for a while and am having issues with threat this teir.. ive been tanking with my buddy druid tank for a while now and for some reason no matter what i do hes always pulling threat back.. last nigth on Iron qon i would taunt off 2 stacks and pop wings/ha and start my rotaion and hes would still pull off me and was wondering if you guys could help with my issue..

Armory- /wow/en/character/illidan/Fahjine%c3%b9gh/simple i cant post links yet so youll have to type in the www
    Logs for last night-- /reports/rt-zr8u5f0eabwrjxtl/

Thanks in advance

I like the Jin'Rokh one because it gives Hit/Expertise, but once you hit the 7.5/15 number, I think the Iron Qon one might edge ahead. Qon's weapon gives you Mastery and a Red Socket (which I've always liked over Blue sockets).

It's hit + exp vs exp + mastery.
    If you're going for mastery build, Iron Qoh's. If you're going for haste build, take the hit+exp (Jin-rokh's).

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    It's hit + exp vs exp + mastery.
    If you're going for mastery build, Iron Qoh's. If you're going for haste build, take the hit+exp (Jin-rokh's).
    If you are going for a haste build, there is an agility mace with haste and expertise off of Animus. The Enhancer Shamans in your raid will kill you for it mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    If you are going for a haste build, there is an agility mace with haste and expertise off of Animus. The Enhancer Shamans in your raid will kill you for it mind.
    And rogues

But for what it's worth since hit/exp do have "higher value" (at least until 7.5%) than haste it might not be too bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm running haste build and got TF version of Iron Qon's. Just because nothing else dropped. Also, I like exp+mastery more because with the gear setup I plan to wear I will be over hit cap anyway and will have to reforge some away.
    Agi mace with haste+exp might seem plausible, but again, we have started heroics this week and Iron Qon is waaaaaaaay easier than Dark Animus (25man).

Deleted
    wtf how can u consider an agi mace as viable if a hit/exp mace exsist?

and whats the problem with reforging? right there is none.

dodge/parry arent that bad anymore just not as good as haste - mastery hit or exp but for sure not utterly garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanos View Post
    wtf how can u consider an agi mace as viable if a hit/exp mace exsist?

and whats the problem with reforging? right there is none.

dodge/parry arent that bad anymore just not as good as haste - mastery hit or exp but for sure not utterly garbage.
    Because if he is going to be over hit cap and probably exp haste will be fairly if not more viable.

Problem with reforging is that it's only 40% not 100%.

Dodge/parry are basically still as bad. They only thing that happened is that they gained an *double* random hop, which we get IF we parried and IF we got the 30% out of 100%. Which basically makes it useless for HoP unless we're taking a lot of adds (only bats on tort) and at the same time since our parry/dodge ratings are still crap low it still won't matter a lot. Therefore is is utterly garbage.

Armory Link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alakir/Delacruz/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: wowhead.com/talent#lxdm|cyk
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fmnfsxsf775euxrs/
    Questions, concerns, expectations: I think i am taking too much damage, simply put. I want to optimize my tanking as much as possibly to help my guild progression and getting a good start on HC, so anything useful, tips or things i can do better would be really awesome. I am mostly concerned about the Durumu fights.
    Description of Playstyle: Focusing my rotation around holy power, trying to get as much as possible without capping and still keeping SoTR up as much as i can. Cooldows isn't saved for the "oh shit" situations since i think i can help myself and the healers a lot by using them on high stacks of Serious Wound.

I might have forgotten to tell you guys something, but ask away if i am missing something important and sorry about the links, it appears that im not allowed to post links atm...

Thanks <3

Quote Originally Posted by Delacruz View Post
    Armory Link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alakir/Delacruz/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: wowhead.com/talent#lxdm|cyk
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fmnfsxsf775euxrs/
    Questions, concerns, expectations: I think i am taking too much damage, simply put. I want to optimize my tanking as much as possibly to help my guild progression and getting a good start on HC, so anything useful, tips or things i can do better would be really awesome. I am mostly concerned about the Durumu fights.
    Description of Playstyle: Focusing my rotation around holy power, trying to get as much as possible without capping and still keeping SoTR up as much as i can. Cooldows isn't saved for the "oh shit" situations since i think i can help myself and the healers a lot by using them on high stacks of Serious Wound.

I might have forgotten to tell you guys something, but ask away if i am missing something important and sorry about the links, it appears that im not allowed to post links atm...

Thanks <3
    Replace Vial with GID and i believe windsong might be a better wep chant.
    Not sure what happened on council, but looking at your logs, your dmg taken seems fine.