Poll: Will you purchase?

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    I know how you feel, the internet here isn't that great either.
    I own a 360, I think it was online for maybe a month. I never saw any benefit that was worth the xbox live sub. I pay for broadband, I'm not to excited about paying for any service that uses that. If devs want to make a sub based game, I'm ok with that. But we havent had any word whatsoever about the price of the new xbox being connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Thephayul View Post
    I own a 360, I think it was online for maybe a month. I never saw any benefit that was worth the xbox live sub. I pay for broadband, I'm not to excited about paying for any service that uses that. If devs want to make a sub based game, I'm ok with that. But we havent had any word whatsoever about the price of the new xbox being connected to the internet.
    Yeah, I never saw the point of having to pay for multiplayer, besides greed I mean.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    i really hope you dont mean fps players.

Daigo Umehara who is probably the best street fighter player ever plays on both xbox and playstation.
    Only because he has to practice for EVO and the PS3 framerate is different than the Xbox framerate for Street Fighter, so practicing only on one = dropped combos for the other.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    The PS3 is going to beat the xbox 360 despite the extremely bad and expensive start of the PS3. Also, only FPS games are slightly more competitive on xbox. Fighting games generally favor the PS3. I mean, the competitive 2v2 in SFxTekken can only be played on the PS3. The xbox is not better than the PS3 for fighting games, and is only slightly better for FPS games because of the presence of halo.

EDIT: Evo 2013 has 5 games on the PS3 and 4 games on the X360 (though admittedly the games on the X360 are the big ones, like SSF4:AE)
    The only fighting game that favors PS3 currently is Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Maybe Mortal Kombat? The only reason EVO uses PS3 is because Sony sponsors EVO. The competition on XBL is noticeably better than on PS3. Anybody, and I mean ANYBODY in the fighting game community will tell you this. That's just the way it is. Sorry, I like Sony, but the Xbox experience is better for fighting games.

I'd probably switch if it requires a 100% always on, always available internet, because in my area, 100% uptime is a pipe dream. I'm actually one of the 40% of people in my area that actually has broadband connection, let alone an extremely stable one.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    The only fighting game that favors PS3 currently is Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Maybe Mortal Kombat? The only reason EVO uses PS3 is because Sony sponsors EVO. The competition on XBL is noticeably better than on PS3. Anybody, and I mean ANYBODY in the fighting game community will tell you this. That's just the way it is. Sorry, I like Sony, but the Xbox experience is better for fighting games.
    Can you explain a bit here? How is the competition on XBL noticeably better than PS3? If Daigo practices both on X360 and PS3 why would other professionals not practice both? If the ps3 scene is so much worse than the 360 scene then how can the best of the best get any decent practice on the ps3? How is the xbox experience better for fighting games? Despite you saying "sorry, I like sony..." you are very much coming off as an xbox fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Yeah, I never saw the point of having to pay for multiplayer, besides greed I mean.
    Now if the live service is free, allows me to transfer my games from one unit to another(xboxes do die you know),has a decent uptime, and doesnt affect my gameplay in a negative way(lag) I'll shut right up and get in line for the new console.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Why should we have to change the way we consume our entertainment because the internet is out? I can happily do some Halo split screen with my brothers when the net is out for whatever reason. What about using the console as a DVD/BluRay device like a lot of people do? Can't watch a movie now that your internet is down. Why are you telling people to force themselves to do something other than what they want to do because a variable in what they want has been removed (internet not on)?Since when did ppl not have to play 24/7 ? Talk like it's the end of the world of the xbox goes offline for a little while

The US has some of the highest prices for lowest speeds. Are you saying all internet available to people is 100% affordable just because we live in 2013? Don't forget this console isn't only going to be released in the US.

Are you saying hackers are suddenly off the table? How about: Servers down for maintenance. Problem on MS' end.Hackers is most defiantly not of the table, tho I was more pointing at the odds of this happening then anything else

Not everyone lives in the civilized world. Internet connections are not always stable. Internet connections are not equal. Some ISPs (being the only ones or best ones available) have strict data limits and throttle your connection. Some people have to go wherever for various reasons and may not have internet/have spotty internet (hotels).

I didn't know 2013 meant everyone has FIOS and it never ever goes down. How silly of me to not realize a new year means everything is suddenly better. Being able to afford a console and stable connection does not mean the connection is going to be available to them. Over the air is pretty stable, but mine was subject to a ridiculous data cap and throttled me down to almost nothing until I moved. A lot of ISPs charge hefty fees for termination of their services within your contract so changing ISPs is not always on the table.

Here is a reason that isn't a what if: It's not fucking necessary at all.

It won't "do nothing" against piracy. There will be less, but that doesn't mean it will be stopped 100%. Let me into your dream world if you actually believe that.
    It will be less, aka more money to the companies, aka more games or better quality games out to you.
    Piracy will always exist, doesn't mean they have to let it run them over?

On one side you say "It's not fucking necessary at all." on the other you agree and say it will have an impact on piracy, do you think they would put it to online always for the hell of it to piss off ppl who has something against it for the "reasons" being stated in this thread?

Now if they suck at keeping their servers online and not your connection I could see what all the huha is about but that has yet to happen. But said it before, if ppl can afford a new console when its brand new, they can afford a stable connection, hell even here with shitty sub 3G you can use your phone as hotspot for a stable but slow connection.

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 12:51 AM ----------

What if I want to use my console at a lake cabin which has no internet? Or maybe I own an RV/sailboat and travel with it frequently and want to use it there? What if I live in rural mid-west america where the only broadband is extremely expensive satellite? What if I live in a place like Russia? What if... etc
    Love your judgment on russia as a whole having bad internet but anyways xD RVs for that matter usual stop at camping's where they offer free or dirt cheap internet, that is however not your point.
    Now obv you can throw up strawmen with what ifs and sure enough some will stick like going to the cabin to play consoles??or on a sail boat which has enough power to run it and u got the adapter to use it BUT cant afford satelite inet?? , that doesn't mean that the % of the total that this is the case for is FAR smaller then the few loud voices try to make it out to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, if it has games I want to play. The whole online connection thing is a non issue. There has been 2 days in the last 5 years I didn't have internet. And I could have turned on the hotspot on my phone for it.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    It did? Not seen anything around about that.
    Yeah Simcity got cracked within the first week to play offline. Only thing is you can't save your city, but I'm sure they're working on that.

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 02:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    But we need to get into the future maaaan! Quit holding us back!!!!!
    I know you're being sarcastic, but on that note my future has the option of playing games without having to be connected to the rest of the world 24/7. If that means I have to play dated games then so be it.

Obvious DRM is obvious, it's insulting they're trying to tell us it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Faladrath View Post
    Love your judgment on russia as a whole having bad internet but anyways xD RVs for that matter usual stop at camping's where they offer free or dirt cheap internet, that is however not your point.
    Now obv you can throw up strawmen with what ifs and sure enough some will stick like going to the cabin to play consoles??or on a sail boat which has enough power to run it and u got the adapter to use it BUT cant afford satelite inet?? , that doesn't mean that the % of the total that this is the case for is FAR smaller then the few loud voices try to make it out to be.
    Well, Russia is one of the lowest non 3rd world country internet penetration rates in that area. Romania is slightly lower, but yea. Want me to name 3rd world countries in africa instead?

I already showed in this thread that the US is only at like 2/3 or 3/4 penetration, and some % still using dialup.

all the nopes. aside from MAYBE getting the next PS and needing to get the wiihooowiiooo i have no interest in consoles. much less if its any bullshit involving Microsoft.

Well, Russia is one of the lowest non 3rd world country internet penetration rates in that area. Romania is slightly lower, but yea. Want me to name 3rd world countries in africa instead?

I already showed in this thread that the US is only at like 2/3 or 3/4 penetration, and some % still using dialup.
    It was amusing for the reason that Russia is a huge country and the internet connectivity in it vary also to a huge degree. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_in_Russia
    So yes using a small country in africa would be a better line in for your what ifs.

As to your claim of US only at 2/3 or 3/4 66% or 75% ,which is it? . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ch3e3d.png <- thats from 2006, you draw your own conculsion of how it looks today or http://www.fcc.gov/measuring-broadba...rica/2012/july if you want.

I have no loyalties to any platform if the games are good then they are going to get my money.

I'd have to wait and see a price and a lineup of good games before I even think about getting a new console.

I have absolutely zero interest in Xbox, mainly because I have little interest in their exclusives. I had been a PS3 "fanboy" (or, in rational terms, I preferred the PS2 and PS3 over the other consoles), that is up until I discovered the wonder of PC gaming. That said, I have a fundamental problem with this DRM. When I lived with my father, we lived out in a rural area, unable to get anything other than satellite internet. Not everyone has a reliable and good internet connection. I wish they'd realize this. Even still, regardless of DRM or zero DRM, I'm not planning on getting any consoles for a long time. PC gaming has me covered.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it requires a constant connection, I'll just stick to my PCs.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Personally I don't care to support any kind of AODRM. I think my limit is starcraft 2's once a month login req.

I can respect a company wishing to protect their IP rights and all, but I'll sooner start funding my medieval style blacksmithing hobby more with my money than DRM games. Video games have been in a slump with very few worth while titles in the past few years. As such i've moved away from bothering with new content unless it proves worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mereneth View Post
    Personally I don't care to support any kind of AODRM. I think my limit is starcraft 2's once a month login req.

I can respect a company wishing to protect their IP rights and all, but I'll sooner start funding my medieval style blacksmithing hobby more with my money than DRM games. Video games have been in a slump with very few worth while titles in the past few years. As such i've moved away from bothering with new content unless it proves worth it.

Starcraft was delayed as blizzard removed lan as a drm measure. Which as we know,didn't stop piracy at all, the beta was cracked. The point I'm making is drm doesn't slow the piraters, it just punishes legit customers

I have a 100Mbit fibre up and down connection. Ever since I had it, I have not had a single hick up. Not once has it stopped working.

However, I will not buy the new XBOX if it requires always online DRM and you can only download games. I don't buy used games but I still remember when I was a little kid that I didn't have a lot of money to buy new games. I am also pretty sure my parents wouldn't have allowed me to pull a cable through the house for my internet (wifi sucks, ask anybody who plays fighting games).

Sick and tired of these asshole companies ruining gaming.

No, I don't like the idea of requiring 100%stable Internet
    58.38%
    On a WoW forum.

Irony explosion.

That Orth guy had it right: deal with it. Presumably you've dealt with it just fine for 8 years in WoW. Deal with it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 02:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thephayul View Post
    Starcraft was delayed as blizzard removed lan as a drm measure. Which as we know,didn't stop piracy at all, the beta was cracked. The point I'm making is drm doesn't slow the piraters, it just punishes legit customers
    Citation needed on your claim about SC2 being delayed because they removed LAN. In fact, cite your source that SC2 ever had LAN in development.

What would you rather play: The shitty pirated version of SC2 or online with one unified community through B.net?
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2013-04-11 at 02:04 PM.