Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Frost ilv 490

I am currently just LFR, but I like to optimize my gear and I may decide to move up to the big boy raids soon.

I have all 5 pieces of T14, and the T15 Chest/Gloves

Would people recommend sticking with the T14 4pc, or T14 2pc/T15 2pc?

Quote Originally Posted by calcinator View Post
    Frost ilv 490

I am currently just LFR, but I like to optimize my gear and I may decide to move up to the big boy raids soon.

I assume you're frost? Fire T14 4pc sucks monkey nuts.

Greater iLvL usually always wins, even with a set bonus. Go for dual 2 piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethys View Post
    I assume you're frost? Fire T14 4pc sucks monkey nuts.

Greater iLvL usually always wins, even with a set bonus. Go for dual 2 piece.

Really, lot of people on this thread say the 1.5min IV is amazing?

That would be the Frost t14 4 piece, not sure why he mentioned fire at all when you clearly state frost but anyway... Also laughing at "usually always"

if you are ilvl 490 the t15 pieces will be a pretty major upgrade in your ilvl so I would probably go for 2/2.
    Last edited by Proakryt; 2013-04-11 at 06:25 PM.

Really, lot of people on this thread say the 1.5min IV is amazing?
    It is, but you can probably estimate its %dmg value, and then compare it to the %dmg value you get from the 522 ilvl stat increases and judge when that overcomes the t14 set bonuses. We can't do it for you because we don't know what gear you have exactly, so we can't make a contextual comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    It is, but you can probably estimate its %dmg value, and then compare it to the %dmg value you get from the 522 ilvl stat increases and judge when that overcomes the t14 set bonuses. We can't do it for you because we don't know what gear you have exactly, so we can't make a contextual comparison.
    Its all LFR gear, so I'd be going from 483 -> 502

Not allowed to post links yet, cause I'm a forum newb

But my character is 'Calcinator' on Llane (I was originally spec'ed fire, but it was boring as all h*&%)

Its all LFR gear, so I'd be going from 483 -> 502

Not allowed to post links yet, cause I'm a forum newb

But my character is 'Calcinator' on Llane (I was originally spec'ed fire, but it was boring as all h*&%)
    Def go with the t15, 20 ilvls is a huge upgrade regardless of the set bonus

10+ Year Old Account
    For frost 4 T14 is pretty darn good. Honestly I'd sim yourself. That's the best way to get some data points fairly quickly.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

fire mage...just got the t15 helm. holding my t14 2pc with normal mode pants/helm and dont have the chest. already using t15 gloves so my only option to keep my t14 2pc is shoulders. i have the 522 crit/hit shoulders from tot already and the t14 ones are mastery/haste with a shittier socket. do i swap the shitty t14 shoulders in over the 522 ones to maintain my t14 2pc?

11/12 10m guild by the way

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm debating on swapping my legs out for 502 tier legs or not. I have the thunderforged jinrok ones which are meh for fire being hit/mastery and the LFR legs would give me my 2set on top of being crit/haste.

Really wish I could get a freaking pair of boots though >_>.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Just got 4pc last night. Pretty damn amazing imo. It'll be hard to replace these bonuses for next tier.

Frost ilv 490

I ran your sets through SimCraft and if you optimize both sets the 2 piece t14/t15 comes out ahead of 4 piece t14 by about a 4% margin.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

I have to look into this SimCraft you speak of.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    fire mage...just got the t15 helm. holding my t14 2pc with normal mode pants/helm and dont have the chest. already using t15 gloves so my only option to keep my t14 2pc is shoulders. i have the 522 crit/hit shoulders from tot already and the t14 ones are mastery/haste with a shittier socket. do i swap the shitty t14 shoulders in over the 522 ones to maintain my t14 2pc?

11/12 10m guild by the way
    any ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    any ideas?
    For fire, I broke my t14 fairly quickly because I wanted the crit from the T15 pieces that dropped for me. It really depends on where you are. As you mentioned, the mastery isn't optimal.
    While simcraft told me to keep 2 t14 and 2 t15, I ended up breaking my 2 t14 because the extra 1.5% crit I got from it was worthwhile to me,I'm at 39% crit now. So again, depends on where you are with your gear. You can link your toon for better help if you'd like.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

I just did the same thing Kiry, and it was right at about the same crit difference too.

Sir Real, I think you have to take the set bonuses in context. The difference in raw stats between 2 pieces of 522 well statted for your spec and the tier will most likely make up the 8% difference in pyro dmg. That of course is a narrower gap depending on what ilvl your tier 14 is.

thanx for the tips. t14 ilvl is 496 and im sitting at 37% crit by dropping the t14 2pc. 516 ilvl

was also curious...at my ilvl should i maybe go frost for awhile? i play both specs pretty decently

I mean, it really depends on what you want to achieve beyond enjoyment of the spec or optimizing your raid damage. Do you need the utility of frost on Council for the Loa? Do you have enough slows for Tortos turtles?

I personally like frost on Dark Animus simply because my WE soaks/tanks my little add for a bit freeing me to help with the tank adds at the start.

I am going to try fire again next raid ID, but I have a feeling, even with just under 40% crit, I'm not going to enjoy the RNG. I have to say though, I got some pyro streaks playing around in LFR that were just crazy train.

So I guess my point is, if you can suffer any raid dps deviation, which I assume you probably can since you guys are 11/12, then play around with it. I think you might find the consistency of frost and its small toolkit rather enjoyable to play.

You guys with 4 piece really should try out arcane again now. At 520 ilvl I'm going a full haste invocation build (courtesy of Mishh in the arcane thread) and the dmg is very, very good. I can get over 40% crit self buffed, but comparing fire and arcane, arcane wins for me because it's just so much more consistent; I just got fed up with the RNG of fire. I've played around with both ROP mastery and now full haste invo and the latter gives a lot of freedom while probably doing more damage to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodaz View Post
    You guys with 4 piece really should try out arcane again now. At 520 ilvl I'm going a full haste invocation build (courtesy of Mishh in the arcane thread) and the dmg is very, very good. I can get over 40% crit self buffed, but comparing fire and arcane, arcane wins for me because it's just so much more consistent; I just got fed up with the RNG of fire. I've played around with both ROP mastery and now full haste invo and the latter gives a lot of freedom while probably doing more damage to be honest.
    You've got me interested. Can you give the link to that thread and/or give some insight as to how to play haste arcane this tier?