Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 78 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Regarding the felhunter phase - instead of playing with positioning (since your Pit Lord is out of commission anyway due to LoS) - wouldn't it be a viable alternative to let felhunters eat the Enslave, then fear the Pit Lord with Fear glyph to keep him nearby for immediate re-enslave after the felhunters are dead?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Castor Krieg View Post
    Regarding the felhunter phase - instead of playing with positioning (since your Pit Lord is out of commission anyway due to LoS) - wouldn't it be a viable alternative to let felhunters eat the Enslave, then fear the Pit Lord with Fear glyph to keep him nearby for immediate re-enslave after the felhunters are dead?
    Wouldn't the felhunters devour the fear?

Edit: Also, your pit lord will never be out of commission even when you move him, the boss will follow him and if you put him far enough into the corner the boss can not attack you at all while you deal with the felhunters.

Deleted
    Ilvl 486 and i am going to try it tomorow all day Think i will manage to kill it now;D

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Ilvl 486 and i am going to try it tomorow all day Think i will manage to kill it now;D

... I think the encounter should NOT be nerved but your char should have stats from ilvl 490 ( granted if you have 491 or up you keep those extra stats ) and then let people do the encounter. Then it is purely over skills and not that you gotte gear first. I think i would get it down easy if i had the gear, but i don't ;p ( Well easy...I think within 1 or 2 hours i would kill him.)
    so almost ilvl 490... and how many hours further are we now?

Welcome back to reality, good to have you here Good luck, stay calm and I hope you down him.
    Read the signature rules

I have il 495 and I can't do it. I'm just going to get someone to do it for me. No sense in getting all mad over a cosmetic change.

Quote Originally Posted by DjNakaa View Post
    I have il 495 and I can't do it. I'm just going to get someone to do it for me. No sense in getting all mad over a cosmetic change.
    practice, make your macro's and stick with it... 495 should be pretty doable... trust me, you want to do this yourself, only for the feeling of victory when you bested this fight... get to it!
    Read the signature rules

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Staalie View Post
    so almost ilvl 490... and how many hours further are we now?

Welcome back to reality, good to have you here Good luck, stay calm and I hope you down him.
    Well i still think that in every game it should be skill-> gear. But yes 1 week maybe 3 or 4 days in playing and i can get him down. It went down pretty well last night but i had to go to some friends and i got no time today. So i will try it tomorow

Just so you know , i leveled a lock FOR this fight! Caus i loved the rogue legendary quest ( up untill gilneas sneaky /boss part after that i stopped) So i knew how much fun and challenging this sort of boss can be. just wish they would make something for hunters, but i gues we will never see that.

Deleted
    Well i still think that in every game it should be skill-> gear. But yes 1 week maybe 3 or 4 days in playing and i can get him down. It went down pretty well last night but i had to go to some friends and i got no time today. So i will try it tomorow

Just so you know , i leveled a lock FOR this fight! Caus i loved the rogue legendary quest ( up untill gilneas sneaky /boss part after that i stopped) So i knew how much fun and challenging this sort of boss can be. just wish they would make something for hunters, but i gues we will never see that.
    Hey, same here. Also leveled one for this fight.

I never leveled so fast.

It's possible but I don't think it's that great because it's nice to get the extra DPS from the Pit Lord on Kanrethad while you deal with the felhunters.

Deleted
    Also do you need to stack up purification potions for this fight and it's many wipes?

Made 11 on my alchemist just for it.

Fear 1st Hunter, Havoc it, banish second, stun the third with charge and then chaos bolt. That's how it worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Also do you need to stack up purification potions for this fight and it's many wipes?

I ended up making 10 and using 2. The one time where I got him to 12% and the one time where I killed him.

If you are getting far enough in to the fight that you can use the potion, you should be able to kill him with a few more attempts.

For me the real hangup on this fight was the first felhunter phase, and that was because they would eat the enslavement even though he was quite a ways away and in a corner. But that is because if you have the gate debuff on you when they come up they tend to eat the enslavement anyway. So you have to soulshatter, get away from Ebonlocke, then purge all the debuffs off of you and kill the felhunters one by one.
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2013-04-11 at 02:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    I ended up making 10 and using 2. The one time where I got him to 12% and the one time where I killed him.

If you are getting far enough in to the fight that you can use the potion, you should be able to kill him with a few more attempts.

For me the real hangup on this fight was the first felhunter phase, and that was because they would eat the enslavement even though he was quite a ways away and in a corner. But that is because if you have the gate debuff on you when they come up they tend to eat the enslavement anyway. So you have to soulshatter, get away from Ebonlocke, then purge all the debuffs off of you and kill the felhunters one by one.
    Hardest part yep.

I was happy things were going so well, then felhunters came....OMG MY PITLORD IS ATTACKING ME.

I was so used to keeping threat down I forgot to actually get threat when hunters came to prevent them eating the enslave demon.

Finally got my Green Fire.

Had the tome drop weeks ago but I gave up due to 50+ wipes and decided to gear up (was 489 when I tried it the first time). Went in today at 503 and killed it on the fourth pull during the second Imp phase!

I won't do a whole long guide of it as there are plenty of them in this thread already. However I will say to anyone trying this: READ THE GUIDES IN THIS THREAD.

Big thanks to everyone who contributed tips, tricks, guides and videos.
    Me sorry. Not do bad again, honest. :<

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

I made 10 purification potions and went through 5, but mine was a fairly unique situation. Shaw decided Monday was "lag spike night", so I wiped 3x when I would've won each time with better internets (one was at something like 4%).

I'd say to bring them all, but don't use one until you're past the 2nd Doomguard phase.

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 11:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    Wouldn't the felhunters devour the fear?

Edit: Also, your pit lord will never be out of commission even when you move him, the boss will follow him and if you put him far enough into the corner the boss can not attack you at all while you deal with the felhunters.
    I don't think they'll use devour on him when he's not in your control. Problem is, I'm not sure you can fear the Pit Lord. I think I tried once or twice, and I don't think it worked. The only CC that I'm certain worked on it was Shadowfury stun and Conflag slow.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    I don't think they'll use devour on him when he's not in your control. Problem is, I'm not sure you can fear the Pit Lord. I think I tried once or twice, and I don't think it worked. The only CC that I'm certain worked on it was Shadowfury stun and Conflag slow.
    Either way, I personally would rather have him tanking the boss off in a corner so I can deal with the Felhunters on their own. Even without the boss attacking me during that phase, I had the felhunters kill me a few times - they can hit pretty hard. Plus, it takes having to worry about Chaos Bolt out of the equation if Kanrethad is attacking the Pit Lord. That alone can give you a few extra precious seconds to kill the Felhunters before Cataclysm happens.

Finally made it past the 2nd Felhunter phase, with 2 doomlord's up. And then I died. This is the most infuriating thing I have ever encounter in a video game.

Those of u that find it so freaking rewarding, beating the encounter itself, I don't understand you. Why? If fel fire wasn't involved, I would never put myself through this ordeal, ever. I won't find it an achievement in beating an encounter that is clearly meant to annoy players. There is no fun in this, not at all.

I absolutely hate whoever was involved with creating and approving this encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    Finally made it past the 2nd Felhunter phase, with 2 doomlord's up. And then I died. This is the most infuriating thing I have ever encounter in a video game.

Those of u that find it so freaking rewarding, beating the encounter itself, I don't understand you. Why? If fel fire wasn't involved, I would never put myself through this ordeal, ever. I won't find it an achievement in beating an encounter that is clearly meant to annoy players. There is no fun in this, not at all.

I absolutely hate whoever was involved with creating and approving this encounter.
    Its rewarding because it is so hard. Green fire is like a badge of honor, sort of like those heroic mode achievements that I will never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post

The only reason I did it was the fel fire. The fight was rewarding when I finally beat it, yes, but I don't plan to ever do it again. I have my fel fire, so I have no reason to do it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, same here. Also leveled one for this fight.
    Thirded! I'm very glad gearing up now a days i sso quick. Jumped from ilvl 420 to just over 480 in two days, which meant my three day old Warlock was more than geared enough to kill Kanrethad. Amazing encounter, I loved it to bits. Should have been a bit more technical in my opinion though, he fell a bit too quick.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.