Poll: Will Lordaeron be restored?

Page 1 of 26
... LastLast
    Deleted

Will Lordaeron ever be restored?

If Blizzard could restore Lordaeron without forcing the Forsaken players to join the Alliance, or turn Human, should they do it?

Personally, I would love to see life slowly seep into Lordaeron again, with new forests and wildlife.

The question is how the Forsaken would deal with it, and where they would live? Could they hang on to the Undercity?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lordaeron will forever to Sylvanas, and through her, the Horde.

Any alliance force trying to reclaim it will get plague bombed.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Never restored. It's been gone too long, transformed too much, and is in the hands of the Forsaken now. Unless that entire faction was removed from the game world I can't imagine humans would ever reclaim it...if they even wanted to at this point.

If it's helping the Alliance or hurting the Horde it absolutely won't happen

Well. Forsaken would either not care or would actively work against it for some reason. Probably because they can. And they like their things to look Goth.

Deleted
    i dont think trees/wildlife can regrow there without help, and i dont think the forsaken care about it, and they wont move out anytime soon. it will never be reclaimed by the alliance, the city is lost, not much remains of the upper city.

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    If it's helping the Alliance or hurting the Horde it absolutely won't happen
    This is pretty much truth.

Storywise, it doesn't make sense that the Forsaken can't be defeated and Lordaeron reclaimed, but even the most staunch Alliance players and supporters have to agree it would be pretty game breaking and upheaving to do so.

I still support the Alliance reclaiming and rebuilding Stromgarde to form an Alliance/Forsaken standoff between Arathi and Hillsbrad, but Blizzard has pretty much stated they'll never do that either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Onyxia's layer, as Blackwing Descent was merely a setback!
    Imo, it's LONG gone from the Alliance in WoW, (Warcraft 4 is where anything's game.) and I see an extension to that happening to the kingdoms of Alterac and Stromgarde as well in the coming expansions.

Most of Lordaeron will rot and decay away under the banners of Sylvanus and her nine lives, and will only continue expanding southward, as the Alliance has only bolstered the Forsaken war machine in preventing their expansion into Hillsbrad and Gilneas, (Hinterlands aside).

I wouldn't be surprised if we see massive plague bombing and landings into the Wetlands, whilst being left unopposed, we really can't stop them from the battles that I've seen, (Andorhal ESPECIALLY comes to mind, just keep Val'kyr on the front lines, and gg).

TL:dr Only in the dreams of the remnants of The Scarlet Crusaders will it be reclaimed in WoW.

/endForsakenH8
    Last edited by FiftyDKPMinus; 2013-04-11 at 08:40 PM. Reason: derp
    Hi, I'm scissors! Nerf rock, paper's fine. <---Class balance in a nutshell on the WoW forums.

Deleted
    Keep in mind that only about 10 years have passed in-game since the events of Warcraft 3, if memory serves.

Well consider this scenario:

Alleria comes back. Cures Sylvanas from undeath against her will. The three sisters become the leaders of the High Elven race.

Life seeps into Lordaeron slowly, as the efforts of the Cenarion Circle pays off, and the Forsaken are in a weakened state with Sylvanas gone.

The Horde, with Garrosh presumably gone, is also less bent on controlling the land around Lordaeron. They struggle to get back on their feet and restore some of the damage done back in Kalimdor.

The Forsaken (now even more Forsaken) move to Northrend (with phasing involved obviously). Undercity is abandoned due to some blight that simply won't disappear until years have passed. But the rest of the land is cured and end up partly to the Alliance and partly to the Horde. The Alliance reforms Stromgarde, while the Horde remains in Quel'thalas.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's "restored as intended". It's a land "corrupted" to match the inhabitants.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No. Never restored. It's been gone too long, transformed too much, and is in the hands of the Forsaken now. Unless that entire faction was removed from the game world I can't imagine humans would ever reclaim it...if they even wanted to at this point.
    Only thing I can see stopping it is that the forsaken are living there, restoring it would take time but could be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Deleted
    Not as long as the Forsaken exist. They will continue to defile it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fear the days of Lordaeron are over for the Alliance friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Keep in mind that only about 10 years have passed in-game since the events of Warcraft 3, if memory serves.

Well consider this scenario:

Alleria comes back. Cures Sylvanas from undeath against her will. The three sisters become the leaders of the High Elven race.

Life seeps into Lordaeron slowly, as the efforts of the Cenarion Circle pays off, and the Forsaken are in a weakened state with Sylvanas gone.

The Horde, with Garrosh presumably gone, is also less bent on controlling the land around Lordaeron. They struggle to get back on their feet and restore some of the damage done back in Kalimdor.

The Forsaken (now even more Forsaken) move to Northrend (with phasing involved obviously). Undercity is abandoned due to some blight that simply won't disappear until years have passed. But the rest of the land is cured and end up partly to the Alliance and partly to the Horde. The Alliance reforms Stromgarde, while the Horde remains in Quel'thalas.
    I doubt Sylvanas would leave her people to go lead a new group of High Elves. I also doubt the forsaken would willingly give up Lordaeron.

undead will never join the alliance, EVER. point being she trusted the alliance, Sylvanas and she got betrayed by them, had her home destroyed... by a man she trusted and later killed and reborn to be forsaken, her ties with the alliance died with Arthas... she even brought her former race into the horde, what used to be known as high elves aka blood elves, sure there are still high elves around but most have become blood elves, but if alliance tried to reclaim it, it would only be the humans, and they would fail horribly, undead would just kill and ress more armys, humans would have to forfeit the plague bombs are too powerful

No, its been plagued for over 10 years, corrupted and destroyed. Also, if the forsaken are every beaten to the point of extinction I would not be surprised if they release some sort of super plague bomb that would kill everything in a massive radius and keep it dead for a long, long time. if you think how hard it was to fix felwood after only brief exposure imagine how vile the earth beneath Tiersfall is.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    I doubt Sylvanas would leave her people to go lead a new group of High Elves. I also doubt the forsaken would willingly give up Lordaeron.
    also she was BETRAYED by the alliance, when she asked for help they sent arthas and he killed her

atleast in her eyes she blames the alliance just as much as Arthas

also you cant cure death, once your forsaken theres no way of turning back

I think it's kinda nice-looking. If it got transformed and given life then it would look no different than every other generic 'grass' zone in WoW like Arathi Highlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    It already was.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

i hope not. i like the atmosphere there.

now stromgarde...yea they should totally redo that for alliance. let the high elves rebuild stromgarde as their new capital cause we all know high elves are gonna be playable the next xpac.