Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Long live underwater zones! Vash'ir = best place ever in the entire game now make an underwater zone please
    I may add the concept of one or two in here, but I still don't know what the feedback from players was for Vashjir. It was really mixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Destil, One quick thing i think you could definitely do is look into another Fan Expansion Concept, which is the Spider Kingdom and take some notes on that, like with altering zones (if at all), and beastiary and how both of those look like, also with the dungeons maybe come up with some map on how each one of the dungeons/raids would kind of look like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I love it. Its the place I want to go most in WoW. The Southern Isles....eh or what is left of them haha. Maybe consider a Tinker class, I got a few ideas my self. Any ways I like the work you done .

Quote Originally Posted by XstenZ View Post
    The City of Insanity, Ny'alotha = Sin City?
    Huh. Someone necro'd this. I've completely neglected adding to it.

Uhhh, sure, why not. We could draw that comparison to it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Why would we kill Neptulon?

He was our Ally during Cataclysm. He's the equivalent of Therazane being our ally.

If anything he still is, unless N'zoth has tainted him.
    Well, he was our ally the last time we saw him. At the end of Throne of Tides he was captured by Ozumat and who knows what's happened since, the naga could have broken him to do their bidding. Was going to be addressed in http://www.wowpedia.org/Abyssal_Maw_(instance)

I'll just toss in my thoughts regarding an expansion with Azshara. What I would love to see based on what we know of her...

First, if Blizzard did this, it would be glorious if it were not announced until last minute (and I'm aware this doesn't entirely fit with what you've got layed out in the OP).

I'd like a naga themed expansion to be touted as dealing with the naga and Azshara as the final boss. Throughout the expansion the patches would have the Horde & Alliance fighting the naga forces and in some patches you actually lose and fall back with phasing eliminating your base of operations. Next patch Horde/Alliance might win a battle against the naga.

In the second to last patch, all the appearances by Azshara herself and all the battles culminate in the revelation that Azshara has been carefully positioning her forces while appearing to focus on the Horde and Alliance, but finally approaches the factions and reveals to them where N'zoth is and just how close he is to regaining his power. While she doubts the Horde and Alliance can defeat him, she's sure that they can with the help of the naga. So in the second to last patch, we conclude with being backed into a corner where we help Azshara defeat N'zoth or we let N'zoth come to full power and awaken.

Final patch deals with the raid on N'zoth, assisted by the naga and Azshara. Final cut scene would actually be the defeat of N'zoth followed by Azshara and her naga turning on the Horde & Alliance, who barely escape with their lives. Expansion actually ends with a touch of defeat as we've freed the naga from their chains and essentially loosed Azshara on Azeroth to do as she pleases despite our defeat of N'zoth.

They'd then still have Azshara to fall back on for a later expansion. I'd just love to see an expansion story where the villain isn't straightforward, but manipulative, tactical, and in this case to some extent even wins out in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was all for a burning legion expansion but this my friend, is epic. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by queberts View Post
    i was all for a burning legion expansion but this my friend, is epic. Well done.
    Thank you!

I really should add to it..

I probably will this week once Final Review is over.

Deleted
    I'd rather see this than Burning Crusade #2 honestly. Then again, I'd rather have seen this than Mists of Pandaria as well.

Dude u are awesome!

Yesterday I created a topic http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-X-Pack!/page1 but reviewing your topic mine is really really amateuristic(if spelled right :P)

But the theory behind it is the same! You sir are truly a hero!

I would really love like and andorse this X-Pack, besides it would be the more logical option than a burning crusade... since we really have to end al chaos and madness on our own planet before we could even consider leaving our own planet to fight something else.... leaving our own planet ungearded would be really dumb in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Yeah.

Trust me, if I could draw, it'd look MUCH different.

But that's the only thing I could really find that was semi close.

All I can really do is write and that's what I did with this.
    I think the image is good but you have to do an effort of imagination.

I really like the N'zoth picture.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 09:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'll just toss in my thoughts regarding an expansion with Azshara. What I would love to see based on what we know of her...

First, if Blizzard did this, it would be glorious if it were not announced until last minute (and I'm aware this doesn't entirely fit with what you've got layed out in the OP).

I'd like a naga themed expansion to be touted as dealing with the naga and Azshara as the final boss. Throughout the expansion the patches would have the Horde & Alliance fighting the naga forces and in some patches you actually lose and fall back with phasing eliminating your base of operations. Next patch Horde/Alliance might win a battle against the naga.

In the second to last patch, all the appearances by Azshara herself and all the battles culminate in the revelation that Azshara has been carefully positioning her forces while appearing to focus on the Horde and Alliance, but finally approaches the factions and reveals to them where N'zoth is and just how close he is to regaining his power. While she doubts the Horde and Alliance can defeat him, she's sure that they can with the help of the naga. So in the second to last patch, we conclude with being backed into a corner where we help Azshara defeat N'zoth or we let N'zoth come to full power and awaken.

Final patch deals with the raid on N'zoth, assisted by the naga and Azshara. Final cut scene would actually be the defeat of N'zoth followed by Azshara and her naga turning on the Horde & Alliance, who barely escape with their lives. Expansion actually ends with a touch of defeat as we've freed the naga from their chains and essentially loosed Azshara on Azeroth to do as she pleases despite our defeat of N'zoth.

They'd then still have Azshara to fall back on for a later expansion. I'd just love to see an expansion story where the villain isn't straightforward, but manipulative, tactical, and in this case to some extent even wins out in the end.
    Then Azshara would be an Heroic only boss ? No, just kidding, everybody would hate that. I've been waiting to for a fight against Azshara for a long time, I hope we will see her in game sometimes soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your Washing Machine, Stealing your Socks
    Good post. Great Ideas and I agree with a lot of it - real spur of creativity.

Some of the ideas got a bit confused in the writing however for me. While it's good you just need to check the punctuation in places and chill out on the commas, I mean not every sentence needs a comma. Maybe in a week or so go back and re-read and re-write what you have written - it is quite clear that you were excited while writing, that is a good thing, but you fall into going from Blizz-like expansion talk to something more relaxed, just a few more look over’s and it will be perfect. Watch the pronouns, and choose your perspectives - it should be third person direct - so look out for those slips there are a few of them. Enough grammar nazi. =)

Few Ideas for Reference that I saw gleaming potential for but you didn't mention - I'm sure you meant to =)

How is the recent dissention in the Horde going to affect the Horde players coming into this expansion? I'd love to see a lack of chain of command being something that Horde players really feel, like maybe Rastskahn tries to negotiate with the Horde but the player attacks him and entourage, forcing him to make a deal with the devil (literally). Something along those lines. This way it keeps it more in line with Blizz's Lore path that their taking (if you agree with it of course).

What about the alliance? Who are the major players - you mention Kul Tiras but then name drop Dalaran as a fortress. I don't think that Dalaran is in a position to act as a stronghold this recently, and an Azshara expansion will inevitably incorporate Kul Tiras, how will this affect the Alliance, with the incorporation of another Human nation (including Gilneas) does this mean perhaps the Alliance is weighing towards what one race wants? Lack of support in Gnomergan perhaps taking its toll on the little fellows anger frustration, leaving them to question their place in the Alliance? Or the favourtism for the Dark Irons by Stormwind? and What about would Malfurion make of Varian ( I don't think we've seen significant development between these two characters), and how will the Panda's feature in this - let’s not make them like the Drenai/Worgan and only have one expansion/ not even any plot development featured on them (despite the dwarves only getting one awful scenario).

Your over-all plot is great, so get specific with the factions Horde / Alliance it's all there - strong potential especially because you mention scenario's this is all scenarios potential I guess.

Love these kind of posts, the reason I look at the forums everyday - and your's ranks among the top post I've read! Good Job OP
    I could be wrong but I doubt it

Deleted
    If this had likes you would have gotten mine. The implementation of naga and n'zoth makes for a fascinating, sinister story arc, as well as conclusion to Zandalari lore.

Thank you mate, it was a joy to read and imagine.

Sounds interesting, I'd just hate to be the person who looks over the boat and sees that thing looking back up at me...

Still not a big fan of seeing the Old God horse given the Rihanna treatment each expansion but an underworld civilization that brings the queen of the Naga to the surface does have ALOT of potential.

I especially love the idea of Ny'alotha being a futuristic capital beneath the earth that remained intact yet blackened by evil. Almost as if someone had built a world over it to pretend it never existed.

Rastakahn is another glossed over figure who like Azshara was "Drowned" by the first Cataclysm at the Well of Eternity. It would be interesting to see if he like Azshara evolved to better suit his aquatic environment. Even still I think we have had a Troll overload already.

Dwarves, Worgen, Goblins, Draenai need some love. Gil-Goblins, Sea-Vyrkul, Feral-Creatures from the Nightmare(Worgen or similar Abberations i.e. Were-Shark) If you can give me something new. A Titan Gentetics lab, in Ny'alotha, work with that.

So much more cool stuff to think up. Keep it up.

I liked your Spider Kingdom one a lot better - not that I think you've gone down in quality; I just really liked the Spider Kingdom idea.

That was you right? O_O

Anyway - I'm disappointed that it's not underwater; I level all of my characters from 80-82 or whatever in the underwater zones.

I'm also a huge sea monster fan. Anyway - concept is neat, but needs more submerging.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really like this idea! So many possibilites for another expansion.
    ABOMS NORTH-LEFT!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fun to read, nice design, I'd play content driven by this design.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Deleted
    This is exactly what I am waiting for.

This is the expansion I want the most, although I have no doubt that whatever the next expansion: it will be great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    I liked your Spider Kingdom one a lot better - not that I think you've gone down in quality; I just really liked the Spider Kingdom idea.

That was you right? O_O
    I think that guy was called Golden Yak.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Not a bad concept... but an expansion with no genuine new races or classes is a bit meh to me. Admittedly, sub-races along with the race make overs would go a long way towards making that better, but it's still a touch iffy.

Otherwise, I like it! Keep up the good work.