Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In truth is does feel like a cop out now we're at the end of mists story arch. That whole speech about how war is the bad thing here and the consequences of such a war, it all sounded like it was set up for some really deep character development in terms of who we are and what we do, the fact that our presence manifested the sha and caused such damage to pandaria.

but you know there might be another reason for why things turned out the way they did. Its because the general consensus of players in wow simply didn't acknowledge any of this, or the lessons taught in pandaria, that it all went over there heads. Blizzard saw this, realized the lessons of accepting responsilbity for your own actions and fighting for what matters to you just went in one ear and out the other for most players. And do they decides screw it, lets just go ahead with this.

As for Garrosh though, I still hold out hope that Y'shaarj isn't controlling him, and that the Sha of Pride is not responsible for his crimes. I think the goblin scenario is more building up to how he becomes strong enough to stand against us as a final raid boss and bolster his defenses so that he's not just crushed between the rebellion/alliance forces. I don't care if he becomes corrupted and super powerful as a last boss, so long as everything he's done up through 5.1 is not blamed on the Sha, because it's already too late for him, he's already damned by his crimes against the Alliance and his own people. Doesn't matter if he gets corrupted in 5.4, the damage is done.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    garrosh crazy dumbasseness started in the comics at the peace summit btw thrall and varian, from that point on he has gone down and in cata he was completely ruined becoming absolutely not credible.
    no, it started in nagrand where you save his people and he keeps being a jerk because he was feeling down.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    In truth is does feel like a cop out now we're at the end of mists story arch. That whole speech about how war is the bad thing here and the consequences of such a war, it all sounded like it was set up for some really deep character development in terms of who we are and what we do, the fact that our presence manifested the sha and caused such damage to pandaria.

but you know there might be another reason for why things turned out the way they did. Its because the general consensus of players in wow simply didn't acknowledge any of this, or the lessons taught in pandaria, that it all went over there heads. Blizzard saw this, realized the lessons of accepting responsilbity for your own actions and fighting for what matters to you just went in one ear and out the other for most players. And do they decides screw it, lets just go ahead with this.
    Yeah. Instead they basically made Garrosh the personification of 'bad war' and blame it all on him. MoP when it comes down to it isn't as unique an expansion as we thought it would be. Granted it's still one of my favorite expansions, I like it more than BC or Cata, withholding judgement on Wrath until SoO is out, but while I still think it's a good expansion it's not what they were building it up as. The only thing that's really different is that the villain developed from within a faction instead of being on the box.

Honestly I think that this is because of one of a few possible reasons.

1. Misleading advertising to get people excited for the expansion. (Turns out it was only true in jade forest.)

2. They intended to go with that path, but felt that making the players 'bad guys' would alienate people too much, so they chickened out.

3. They changed their mind based on resources or other factors.

Still, there's hope they'll blow me away with SoO's storyline still. We don't know how it will go down yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    As for Garrosh though, I still hold out hope that Y'shaarj isn't controlling him, and that the Sha of Pride is not responsible for his crimes. I think the goblin scenario is more building up to how he becomes strong enough to stand against us as a final raid boss and bolster his defenses so that he's not just crushed between the rebellion/alliance forces. I don't care if he becomes corrupted and super powerful as a last boss, so long as everything he's done up through 5.1 is not blamed on the Sha, because it's already too late for him, he's already damned by his crimes against the Alliance and his own people. Doesn't matter if he gets corrupted in 5.4, the damage is done.
    well we can hope. but it wouldn't be the first time blizzard tried for a redemption story with a character whos fallen so far from grace. I really don't want it though, everything Garrosh has done has been built on racism, control, manipulation and conquest. I don't want another Arthas.

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 07:39 PM ----------

Yeah. Instead they basically made Garrosh the personification of 'bad war' and blame it all on him. MoP when it comes down to it isn't as unique an expansion as we thought it would be. Granted it's still one of my favorite expansions, I like it more than BC or Cata, withholding judgement on Wrath until SoO is out, but while I still think it's a good expansion it's not what they were building it up as. The only thing that's really different is that the villain developed from within a faction instead of being on the box.

1. Misleading advertising to get people excited for the expansion. (Turns out it was only true in jade forest.)

2. They intended to go with that path, but felt that making the players 'bad guys' would alienate people too much, so they chickened out.

Still, there's hope they'll blow me away with SoO's storyline still. We don't know how it will go down yet.
    you know, if they had tried to make for a more moral belief of what matters and where the line is drawn, they could have done so with Jaina. I mean look at how Varian is being shaped up to be a defacto nice guy leader with wisdom and insight and doing the right thing, he was a jerk in wrath but now is shaping up.
    The horde, in a way, still has Thrall as the example of that type of orc to follow, and the counter of that is Garrosh and his mentality and what its doing in the horde. you also have vol'jin and lor'themar shaping up as better leaders and represnting the better side of the horde.

But well the horde is split, the alliance has nothing to its name that could be considered dark or misleading. Jaina could have been the perfect example of this, to have her go down a very dark road and do things with consequences, giving two different perspectives for the alliance player to have. At least then it would have had that two sided system people could relate to, and say 'I don't agree with the way Varian is doing things here, I think Jaina has the better course'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

To be honest i think it was more like this:
    After Cata blizzard was left with:
    a) Garrosh not being approved by mayority of playerbase
    b) Alliance lore lying in mud and begging to be finished. Alot of alliance fans were pissed.
    c) No real followup for next expansion
    So what they did was to try to kill 3 birds with one stone. Org is besieg so alliance is happy. They put more effort in making garrosh hateable by all players that in anything else. That was alliance feels like they defeated the horde, but horde dont feel defeated by alliance. Genius isnt it ? Also it seems they want to finish A/H conflict as coal stone for "army of light" bullshit, they try to pull out so hard. All wrathion quests would lead to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just OT a sec, but it does make you wonder if Wrathion and Velen would get along, given how they both keep going out about the army of light or how we all need to stand together.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I'm still wondering why I'm forced to do this content as an Orc player.
    It's almost like being forced to play Alliance in one of the scenarios. It disconnects me from my character. It totally breaks my immersion.
    You're not really being forced to do anything. If roleplaying an Orc who thinks Garrosh is great guy and totally not an insufferable tyrant is that important to you then just don't do the content. Ignore this questline and ignore the siege of Orgrimmar when it arrives. Don't take part in Vol'jin's revolt at all. I don't think it's fair to expect Blizzard to provide a whole different questline (not to mention some kind of alternative to the siege raid) just for the very few who think Hellscream is awesome.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesker View Post
    You're not really being forced to do anything. If roleplaying an Orc who thinks Garrosh is great guy and totally not an insufferable tyrant is that important to you then just don't do the content. Ignore this questline and ignore the siege of Orgrimmar when it arrives. Don't take part in Vol'jin's revolt at all. I don't think it's fair to expect Blizzard to provide a whole different questline (not to mention some kind of alternative to the siege raid) just for the very few who think Hellscream is awesome.
    Agreed. those of us who have been against Garrosh for years now, and who wanted to see the content, have been forced to go along with every piece of crap we're ordered to do. you could be someone who just ignored the quests, but its kind of hard when its all in content as you level up to avoid it all.
    Garrosh and his ways has been forced on the horde for 2 expansions, and now that a different view of this has come into play, people complain about being forced to accept it. God, I didn't like what was happening but I just DID it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I'm still wondering why I'm forced to do this content as an Orc player.
    It's almost like being forced to play Alliance in one of the scenarios. It disconnects me from my character. It totally breaks my immersion.
    No it doesn't. You're an orc that's going to rebel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    No it doesn't. You're an orc that's going to rebel.
    Basicly it bottles down to 'But I Don't Wanna!', you know, despite the fact those of us who was forced to endure several years of this garrosh bootlicking now finally gets a chance to do something about it.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this all we get in Patch 5.3? A quest chain and a few scenarios?

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Basicly it bottles down to 'But I Don't Wanna!', you know, despite the fact those of us who was forced to endure several years of this garrosh bootlicking now finally gets a chance to do something about it.
    You get maybe dozen quest where you have to be jerk to everyone, you have no right to whine.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2013-04-12 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    this patch is akin to 5.1. if you want a new raid, wait for 5.4.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    this patch is akin to 5.1. if you want a new raid, wait for 5.4.
    At least 5.1 had a daily hub :S

well i hope not took me 1h at max to do the 2 scenarios required and the entire chain in durotar, maybe it isn't already in the ptr another part of the chain.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    I'm liking this enough to come back, been missing my fix.

"Wait Vol'jin. Horde is spilling Horde blood. It's tearing me apart." Yeah, I guess you might feel that way after covering yourself in the guts of dozens of orcs gibbed by your chain lightning, Thrall...

Quote Originally Posted by RabidHexley View Post
    "Wait Vol'jin. Horde is spilling Horde blood. It's tearing me apart." Yeah, I guess you might feel that way after covering yourself in the guts of dozens of orcs gibbed by your chain lightning, Thrall...
    LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

At least 5.1 had a daily hub :S
    this one has battlefield: barrens