Thanks Brusalk, on another note, I've been wanting to ask why you (and most other ranked players) use and reforge GoSac. I have tried it to utter failure, but besides that, considering there are less "swimming in embers" fights where you can spam CB/SB, would it not be advantageous to reforge for stat weights similiar to 1.2 mastery, 1.0 haste, 1.0 crit and just run GoSupp except on those few fights?

Even on fights where you have lots of embers, even those fights have points where you need to burn something down quickly. So I am not sure if its people running GoSac out of playstyle preference because it seems it would be a DPS loss (at least it has been for me when I've tried).

My gear is over 520 and will support GoSac but I just cannot get the embers to justify the spec (obviously I am failing somewhere, just not sure where).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elvaz/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk
    As was pointed out to me on another thread, my macro I posted as a workaround to the mouse-over shadowburn bug right now had havoc instead of shadowburn. I updated the original post, but just for good measure here's the correct version:

Code:
    #showtooltip Havoc
    /cleartarget [-at-mouseover,harm,nodead]
    /cast [-at-mouseover,harm,nodead][]Shadowburn
    /targetlasttarget [-at-mouseover,harm,nodead]
    I believe that there's a typo in there:

Shouldn't it be:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Shadowburn
    Cant use the ampersands as I haven't posted enough. -at- = ampersand

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently I'm doing more dps with Shivarra than with Observer. Anyone else noticed that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugginz View Post
    I believe that there's a typo in there:

Shouldn't it be:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Shadowburn
    Cant use the ampersands as I haven't posted enough. -at- = ampersand
    Yeahhhhh. THANKS.

I'm being really uncareful today. Thanks for catching this.

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 11:43 AM ----------

Code:
    #showtooltip Shadowburn
    /cleartarget [@mouseover,harm,nodead]
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][]Shadowburn
    /targetlasttarget [@mouseover,harm,nodead]
    That is the correct code for people wanting to cpy-paste it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 11:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Delvaz View Post
    Thanks Brusalk, on another note, I've been wanting to ask why you (and most other ranked players) use and reforge GoSac. I have tried it to utter failure, but besides that, considering there are less "swimming in embers" fights where you can spam CB/SB, would it not be advantageous to reforge for stat weights similiar to 1.2 mastery, 1.0 haste, 1.0 crit and just run GoSupp except on those few fights?

Even on fights where you have lots of embers, even those fights have points where you need to burn something down quickly. So I am not sure if its people running GoSac out of playstyle preference because it seems it would be a DPS loss (at least it has been for me when I've tried).

My gear is over 520 and will support GoSac but I just cannot get the embers to justify the spec (obviously I am failing somewhere, just not sure where).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elvaz/advanced
    Are you looking at armories to determine what people are for specific fights, or are you looking at actual logs?

My armory will always show what setup I was using at the time that we ended raid.

I use GoSac for a few fights, but I also use GoSup on many fights (some with mastery reforges due to mechanics, such as ice walls on Durumu)

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Are you looking at armories to determine what people are for specific fights, or are you looking at actual logs?

My armory will always show what setup I was using at the time that we ended raid.

I use GoSac for a few fights, but I also use GoSup on many fights (some with mastery reforges due to mechanics, such as ice walls on Durumu)
    Pretty much scanning the armories based on highly ranked people on world of logs. So for the most part you are reforging between fights depending on the encounter? When I look at WOL I can determine if they are GoSupp/GoSac but not how they are reforged etc. I suppose 1k secondary stats one way or the other isn't going to skyrocket one's DPS, but while being happy with 3/12 GoSac and 9/12 GoSupp, I can't find a secondary stat weight that is consistant among the highly ranked.

I am not suggesting there is a cookie cutter build for all encounters, but I would expect to see something relatively simliar. At the moment I've seen every variation of secondary stats (mastery/crit/haste) possible from top 10 destruction locks.

Pretty much scanning the armories based on highly ranked people on world of logs. So for the most part you are reforging between fights depending on the encounter? When I look at WOL I can determine if they are GoSupp/GoSac but not how they are reforged etc. I suppose 1k secondary stats one way or the other isn't going to skyrocket one's DPS, but while being happy with 3/12 GoSac and 9/12 GoSupp, I can't find a secondary stat weight that is consistant among the highly ranked.

I am not suggesting there is a cookie cutter build for all encounters, but I would expect to see something relatively simliar. At the moment I've seen every variation of secondary stats (mastery/crit/haste) possible from top 10 destruction locks.
    Sounds like a good thing to me Play the stats that suit your playstyle then.

And from this we can conclude that for the vast majority of players who don't need every ounce of damage possible, that there's no real difference between reforging setups.

Destro's stats' value vary wildly based off of fight mechanics, so it's kind of hard to understand why people expect something to be 100% best 100% of the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    And from this we can conclude that for the vast majority of players who don't need every ounce of damage possible, that there's no real difference between reforging setups.

Destro's stats' value vary wildly based off of fight mechanics, so it's kind of hard to understand why people expect something to be 100% best 100% of the time.
    Also the thing is, when people can't pull good dps then they usually blame their gear or reforges instead of finding flaws in their own game. In AoE fights im playing destro with affliction gems+reforges(12000haste, 8000 mastery, 2000 crit) and im doing fine and getting top5-10 ranks in some fights. Sure the difference in horridon for example might be 300k with optimal reforges against 270k with not optimal, its not a big deal.

Deleted
    Aslong as shit dies it's aaaall good!

It's aaaaall good - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    Also the thing is, when people can't pull good dps then they usually blame their gear or reforges instead of finding flaws in their own game. In AoE fights im playing destro with affliction gems+reforges(12000haste, 8000 mastery, 2000 crit) and im doing fine and getting top5-10 ranks in some fights. Sure the difference in horridon for example might be 300k with optimal reforges against 270k with not optimal, its not a big deal.
    Yeah, I find this is mostly because it's much easier to blame the gear and fix the reforge, whereas players take high offense to being told they're not playing well.

Also, question for those of you who have done HM Horridon (25 if it matters). With all the stuff on the ground and general attempts to stack the adds up, I've been using KJC on this fight, but would MF be worth it? On the one hand, the adds would never be kited out of my RoF, but I feel I'd lose a lot of potential CB casts because of having to move. That being said, I also think we need to refine our kiting and generally move the adds less, only when necessary, as we're covering too much ground while kiting right now.

Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    While you are 100% correct. I see no fault in trying to optimize ones character. Maybe it's OCD but I it bugs me. Personally, I want to improve my SB sniping and ROF uptime cause I am just need seeing the ember generation to do 50%+ damage done with CB/SB to justify gosac, where there are so many adds that FNB becomes a better option and thus further drops CB/SB percent of damage done. Hopefully this will change with T15 set bonuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, mainly because im tired of trying to figure it out; right now, what stat weights should I be focusing on?
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...athak/advanced (Note: It has probably not been updated)
    For about two lockouts i've been focusing on a crit-oriented build, but recently i've been seeing a lot of mastery-oriented builds. So my question is, what should I be focusing on?

Deleted
    Im seeing a lot of posts saying its the players fault, can someone more experienced than me tell me if im doing something horrendously wrong?

Here are some details:

Fight: Durumuu 10 man normal
    DPS: 109k
    iLevel: 512

World of Logs Report: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qlqv3ep4ijjhidcu/sum/damageDone/?s=2441&e=2880
    Armory of my warlock: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Ceige/advanced

I really appreciate any help, you can slate me as much as you like any advice which will make me improve is welcomed!

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seechay View Post
    Im seeing a lot of posts saying its the players fault, can someone more experienced than me tell me if im doing something horrendously wrong?

Here are some details:

Fight: Durumuu 10 man normal
    DPS: 109k
    iLevel: 512

World of Logs Report: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qlqv3ep4ijjhidcu/sum/damageDone/?s=2441&e=2880
    Armory of my warlock: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Ceige/advanced

I really appreciate any help, you can slate me as much as you like any advice which will make me improve is welcomed!

Thanks!

I'll be frank here, hope you don't mind

1) Your Rain of Fire uptime is horrendous. It should be close to 10% of your max damage and close to Conflagrate in terms of damage done.
    2) You should always have more Chaos Bolt damage than Incinerate damage in your single target rotation. I suspect that is easily solved by fixing 1)
    3) Are you trying to snipe as many Shadowburns from the adds to the boss as possible?
    4) The average damage of your Chaos Bolt seems awkwardly low. Are you refraining from casting it unless you are a) close to capping embers b) under major intellect procs c) under Dark Soul?

Hope I could help!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    I'll be frank here, hope you don't mind

1) Your Rain of Fire uptime is horrendous. It should be close to 10% of your max damage and close to Conflagrate in terms of damage done.
    2) You should always have more Chaos Bolt damage than Incinerate damage in your single target rotation. I suspect that is easily solved by fixing 1)
    3) Are you trying to snipe as many Shadowburns from the adds to the boss as possible?
    4) The average damage of your Chaos Bolt seems awkwardly low. Are you refraining from casting it unless you are a) close to capping embers b) under major intellect procs c) under Dark Soul?

Hope I could help!
    Hello!

Yes the more frank the better i appreciate all the help.

Ok i didn't realise i had to keep up rain of fire, so i will do that from now on.
    In terms of sniping shadow burns onto Durumuu at most i can only get one shadow burn each add because they just die so quickly.
    I try not to cast chaos bolt unless i have a buff up, the only exception to that rule is if im above 35 embers.

What do you think about my performance on the whole, should i be pulling much bigger DPS with the gear i have?
    I have gone for Mastery>Haste=Crit.

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ricia/advanced

Please tell me if there is anything bad with my gemming/enchanting/reforging. I mainly go for crit and a small amount of haste. I will bring up some WoL logs in the next few days probably too to show how I'm doing and if you can advise me any further. I recently made this warlock my main (not even 2 full weeks) so I kinda have trouble moving from paladin main to warlock :>

I'd appreciate some help with the Megaera strat: I'm doing the Havoc, Immo, FF, FF and I don't feel like I'm doing enough extra damage to the other heads. I am doing a ton of damage to the off head though.

I don't have logs but here are some damage stats:
    1. Immolate 27.1%
    2. Chaos Bolt 19.2%
    3. Incinerate 18.4%

1. Venomous Head 17.85M
    2. Flaming Head 16.25M
    3. Freezing Head 12.43M

As you can see, I'm doing a great job getting those immolates off, but not doing such a great job of translating that to more damage. I was doing the same as someone who wasn't using RoF or havoc/immo.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...wdizzle/simple

I guess my partial question is does favoring mastery actually help in ember cleave fights or does it just help to pad? Any other suggestions are welcome!
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Deleted
    How does haste fair with the PPM trinkets? Since the change to make haste scale with them does it make it a more desirable stat to crit?

I would sim myself if 1 actually dropped lol

Ive ran lfr and raided every week and ive seen breath drop once and lost the roll to our shadow priest >< im beginning to question there existance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    Also, question for those of you who have done HM Horridon (25 if it matters). With all the stuff on the ground and general attempts to stack the adds up, I've been using KJC on this fight, but would MF be worth it? On the one hand, the adds would never be kited out of my RoF, but I feel I'd lose a lot of potential CB casts because of having to move. That being said, I also think we need to refine our kiting and generally move the adds less, only when necessary, as we're covering too much ground while kiting right now.
    I use MF and GoSac on this fight. I was able to pull 325k dps (most of it on adds) on my first kill with an equipped itemlevel of 319 and I'm quite sure, it could have been more.
    I think the extended range of RoF and FnB is really worth it, in the end I just managed to minimize my movement. Just pump some Chaos Bolts into the Boss or remaining adds (if available) and cast RoF, immolate und Fel Flames while moving to the next gate. I could imagine, that KJC would be great on this fight too, but our tanks can't manage (or don't care) to keep all the adds close together.

Deleted
    With Soul Leech + FnB/CB spamming you don't really have to be very quick to get out of stuff anyway