Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It's not often that you get a show that is strongest as its finish. What a profoundly good ending.

Spartacus' death was glorious and undoubtedly lived up to my expectations.

Gannicus on the other hand...not so much. Which is saddening considering how he was my favorite character.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Papapwn View Post
    Ugh worst finale ever.

Spartacus dying is fine but gannicus dying wa so sad. Like i know historically this might have been how it went down? but for a finale i would have rather preferred the previous episode and probably sort of a lead down saying how they fell. Just so sad to see them die like that. Also i dont believe in history anyways cause thereres no way to know if history was a lie or not.

Im so sad right now
    I too was bummed to see Gannicus go, but that doesn't make the finale bad. Quite the opposite; it was amazing. Don't you think the fact that it was able to bring on emotion like that says something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I KNEW who would get Tiberius! I totally called it midway through the episode.

I'm glad Caesar's finally on top. Crassus losing his cool isn't so cool.

Spartacus dies next episode
    History isn't exactly "spoiling", lol!
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    I miss Andy Whitfield.

Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    It's not often that you get a show that is strongest as its finish. What a profoundly good ending.
    Agree so much, It could not have been better in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Spartacus' death was glorious and undoubtedly lived up to my expectations.

Gannicus on the other hand...not so much. Which is saddening considering how he was my favorite character.
    I can understand the no death on the battlefield argument but I try to look at at it this way. They needed 4 entire armored phalanx's(1 on each side) to bring him down because anyone they sent near him died. There was no one they could put up against him to beat him individually story wise and they pulled the spear in the back move with Crixus and Spartacus. He still died undefeated, like the champion he was. Honestly I personally would not of liked his death as much if some random Romans killed him or Caesar since he was so far above them. Being the only actual 'legitimate' free man in the group, it's kind of fitting he died a slaves death for the cause I thought. As they showed, Oeonomaus would be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    I miss Andy Whitfield.
    Me too. Absolutely love how they ended the credits with him screaming "I am Spartacus" though. Could not have had better final image to go out on and was a great nod to Andy.

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 05:09 AM ----------

Actually to add the only gripe I had with the episode was no image of Crixus during Neavia's death. At least of her thinking of him, or something. There was nothing though and it was just over. It surprised me and was crushing at the same time. I guess maybe that's a good thing then? lol
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-04-13 at 08:56 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    That was the best ending to a show I've ever seen I think. The deaths were so satisfying, and while sad, they were beautifully done. That was such a satisfying ending to a show.

Also I take great joy in the future brutal/humiliating deaths of the Superfriends (Caesar, Pompeii, and Crassus), muahaha. Karma bastards.

Anyone else jump out of there seat and fistpump at the screen during that Crassus Vs Spartacus duel? That was so well done, beats Achilles Vs Hector from Troy in my eyes. In regards to the duel itself but also the suspense and emotion behind it.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Last episode was awesome. Also.. that double sword into skull and through eyes scene.... Let's just say I sat with doritos spilled upon precious keyboard
    You're one of them xD xD
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

But I wish I could have seen more from Caesar and Krasus. Those two are definitely one of my favourite "villains" of all time. Such intersting characters and I really hope they make a spin-off show about Caesar in particular, and what makes him so famous.

To be honest I think they could have written Caesar better, because I actually did not see what makes him such an important person. He isn't that good of a fighter, although he is a good tactician.

Anyways great finale!
    \

Deleted
    It wasn't historically accurate in where people died, and by whose hand they died. Still, the inevitable fates of Spartacus, Crixus and Gannicus were well known. Throwing Caesar in the series was a fun twist, and he was in all of his dirty evilness very sympathetic.

It was a great ending episode, a great finale. I really can't think of anything else taking place without making it even more historically inaccurate.

The entirety of the ending credits I was saying to myself "if they do not dedicate this to Andy, I'm going to...(bad stuff)". I watch TV-series with headphones on, so my neighbors never hear a peep out of me. Then at the end, there was an In Memoriam, but it wasn't for Andy, and for a second there I was like "WTF did they just do!?", but then...

I - AM - SPARTACUS!

I yelled "YESSSSSSSS!!!" as loud as I could. Sorry neighbors. Perfect.

Now I have to come down from that for several days to be able to resume the normal boring average grey shit that is life.

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 01:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wollveren View Post
    But I wish I could have seen more from Caesar and Krasus. Those two are definitely one of my favourite "villains" of all time. Such intersting characters and I really hope they make a spin-off show about Caesar in particular, and what makes him so famous.

To be honest I think they could have written Caesar better, because I actually did not see what makes him such an important person. He isn't that good of a fighter, although he is a good tactician.

Anyways great finale!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Licinius_Crassus

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Now I have to come down from that for several days to be able to resume the normal boring average grey shit that is life.

You could honor Spartacus' legacy and be happy that you're free

I agree that Gannicus' death was rather anticlimatic, it would had been nice to see them free him in the end, even though cheesy.

My favourite moment was when Crassus tried his "Sword-grab finishing move" and it failed, to prove that Spartacus was superior!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I really thought it would have been Gannicus to survive that all instead of the other two.

But in the end, as the poster above said, he actually didn't have a glorious death but a epic defeat. Completely surrounded by like a 100 dudes all too scared to get close to him.
    I think it was pretty fitting. A wonderful finale all in all.

The part where spartacus laid the trap when the legion was rushing them and all felt down and spartacus putting those bridges up and running towards the legion. so epic!

Deleted
    After the credits, Andy whitfield yelling 'I am Spartacus' made me cry and smile.

RIP Andy

I wonder if there will be some form of follow up series around ceasar and crassus, they seem to have left a rather big opening for it
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Great show, Great Ending, Not much left to say , abit sad to be honest, I knew It was coming but still ... hoped

The only thing In this season I am not pleased about Is ceaser.

Ceaser Is one of the most epic history char's, and I think they made him too simple, a true Ceaser can be seen In "Rome" which Is the only historical series In my opinion that beats spartacus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    I agree with most of you hear saying they could've made Caesar better. It would've been nice if they put him under Crassus' command where he devised his schemes for grabbing power, for example, by somehow blackmailing Crassus. After all, Caesar was the more devious one which is of course why he ended up being dictator for life with authority kind of equal to emperors (I'm not sure, but I think Diocletian was really the first official emperor, others up until him were really just dictators for life I think, with all sorts of titles among which only one was Imperator, a title signifying a successful general, which is something Caesar did really have in real life like a shit ton of other people such as Crassus).

Deleted
    Really sad ending. I was hoping Spartacus would survive as historically they never found hes body. I kinda foresaw they were going to do another Gladiator /sigh

Deleted
    What they should've done imo...

Spartacus said to leave him rest...
    Other survivors inlc aggron leave him be...
    You see the sky changing n shit...
    a short dialogue between him and his 'lover'....
    She leaves...
    fast flashbacks...
    Meanwhile Crassus giving orders to find the body of spartacus or follow the rest of the survivors...
    Roman scouts arrive at where spartacus lied...
    spartacus body is not to be found...
    they only find the shield...

the end.

Also, gannicus imagining him in a last arena, people cheering at him... he fucking deserved that last bit of joy.