Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is Blizzard happy with MoP?

Hello.

I think I've came to the conclusion that I'm not currently enjoying MoP. I like the continent of Pandaria and I think the raids are miles better than Catacylsm, but something is greatly putting me off. I know this has been said many times before, but I think it's the amount of factions introduced into Mists and the fact that these endless dailies reward Valour Points. I also think that there have been a lot of new features introduced, but all of them, in my mind at least, seem to be messy. I don't know exactly how to describe it. It's odd that I feel that there is actually too much stuff to do. I know it sounds stupid, but I actually can't put my finger on all of these things to generally describe the 'messy' aspect of MoP. I think this is mostly due to the fact that I took a break around the time Terrace was released and I came back just after 5.2 and I'm really bad at catching up.

Is Blizzard happy with all these dailies? Have they mentioned things that they won't be doing in the next expansion after learning it was poorly conceived in Mists? Also, if someone could shed some light on why I feel that MoP is too scattered and messy, that'd be great, because I can't gather my thoughts this early in the morning.

Thank you.

Are they ever happy with something? They've changed Heroics every expansion and will do it again. Same with dailies. The game needs to be changed sometimes.

I think they realized how much the playerbase HATES dailies. Beyond that, I'm certain they're quite impressed with this expansion thus far.
    Shuttle of Illidan

The game is too predictable. Everything about the game was done 2 expacs ago. Just different looking now.

The #1 way to make the game fun is to include more randomness. Dailys are a pure and simple time filler.

10+ Year Old Account
    The playerbase overall is generally well receptive of this expansion and the content they have provided (for the most part). I would say they are happy their creation is doing well.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

I don't know about them, but I sure am. Best expansion I've experienced, including WOTLK. I actually feel that patches with new content are coming a bit too fast as it is right now, and the quality of it all with voice acting and music and visuals and story = breathtaking.

So, if they're NOT happy, then I'd say they should be.

To be successful I don't think you can ever be 100% happy with the product or service you offer there is always room for improvement. However I no longer think that Blizzard are capable of learning from their mistakes and many of the blue posts are more concerned with defending their actions to unhappy players than taking on board their feedback..
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-04-13 at 11:36 AM.

Other than the daily fiasco at the start, I think its safe to say they have been fairly pleased with it. I think the only other issue they are having is figuring out what to do with heroics. They have been pretty damn boring all expansion long.

Deleted
    Here is what I think happened:
    During BC and even more so in vanilla, there was a ton of stuff to do. You just couldn't reach endgame and say you're finished.
    That got tuned in wrath, where blizz tried to make endgame raiding or raiding in general more accessible.
    However, that lead to the point where you essentially finished your character and couldn't improve otherwise. And personally I feel that a lot of people liked that model in wrath.
    In mists, they tried to give us more endgame stuff to do. But there is a weired spot where there is so much to do that it is impossible to do it all (model of bc/vanilla) and not quite enough and you feel compelled to do things like daily to stay competetive.

I'd be be happy if I was them. They've done a damn good job so far.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Despite my skepticism about hte whole MoP idea, now I must admis that it's the best expansion (considering everything so far) since TBC, not as good, but quite close. It¡s a pitty, becasue WotLK was plain epic as long as you don't remember the let down with 80% of the raids dungeons due to their "difficulty".

I believe that they are happy, but the point is to never be happy and want things to get better. So, yes they are happy, but I bet that they want to keep improving.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    To be successful I don't think you can ever be 100% happy with the product or service you offer there is always room for improvement. However I no longer think that Blizzard are capable of learning from their mistakes and many of the blue posts are more concerned with defending their actions to unhappy players than taking on board their feedback..
    If they were incapable of learning from their mistakes and not listening to their playernase they would have given us another Cataclysm style expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmollster11 View Post
    The game is too predictable. Everything about the game was done 2 expacs ago. Just different looking now.

The #1 way to make the game fun is to include more randomness. Dailys are a pure and simple time filler.
    What would you do different? The game format is the same for every mmorpg, leveling > max level > pve > dungeons/raids.
    pvp > bgs/arena.

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 11:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    They realized their mistakes, especially with the dailies, and gave us other ways to earn rep and gear.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Why should they be unhappy?

I don't think they've ever been unhappy with any expansion - just realized what they would like to do better/different the next time around. I doubt Blizzard look at their games through the same narrow tunnel a lot of players do. I generally think that Blizzard is much less obsessed with whining and negativism than a lot of players.

Deleted
    well i got only 1 thing to say and that is that some years ago it was hard to get to endgame, playing for months/years and you wouldn't get endgame, now i just made a new account about 1 months ago, and im full epic 500+ ilvl, ofc not heroic geared but that's just because my lack of comitment to hardcore raiding. still for only 1+ month of gametime and i got from 1-90 + full gear says something, in my oppinion blizz should stop focusing on pve, because let's be honest pve/pvp = from 5 to 40 (world bosses) men. and that's just not the open world i enjoyed when i started wow back then i was amazed by the imensity of this world. now i barely talk/interact to ppls outside my group.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    If they were incapable of learning from their mistakes and not listening to their playernase they would have given us another Cataclysm style expac.
    Indeed. And they wouldn't be constantly listening to the playerbase. I think it is more a question of some players being unable to learn that what THEY want is not always what should be done.

Happy or not Blizzard has never stop changing their game. The game will change again next xpac anyway.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-04-13 at 12:45 PM.

Deleted
    If there is one thing I am disappointed with and thats the Scenarios. I wasnt expecting them to be instanced easier dungeons but more like Rifts in Rift, Fates in FF XIV and what they have in Guild Wars 2 where a boss is attacking and everyone joins in and receives a reward. If there is one thing World of Warcraft is missing it is this, they got it a bit right with the tap to faction world bosses but thats about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmollster11 View Post

So monks, pvp power, transmog, challenge modes, LFR, scenarios, phased daily hubs, void storage, 5-ability talent system, bonus rolls, CRZ, cross-realm anything, account-wide mounts & pets, pet battles...that all existed in Wrath? I had no idea!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    So monks, pvp power, transmog, challenge modes, LFR, scenarios, phased daily hubs, void storage, 5-ability talent system, bonus rolls, CRZ, cross-realm anything, account-wide mounts & pets, pet battles...that all existed in Wrath? I had no idea!!
    Since when mods bite trolls ?

IT : I think yes seeing the overwhelming success its having mid-expansion.