Page 33 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Yea that was the strat we started out with and will probably stick with. The problem is that the last two heads become even more healing intensive than the rampage and guess what we have to move all the time because theirs so many dead green heads throwing explosions on the ground. See it becomes a case where I have to heal my assignment, move to avoid being one shot by green explosions, navigate the path between fire and green shit while not running in front of the snakes so I don't get breathed on, watch the player with the debuff until hes far enough alone by himself to be cleanse, pay attention to my mana pool as well as cooldowns, and if need be throughout a potentially life saving raid heal or bop.

If that is the easiest fight in the instance (which I doubt) then yea the instances are overtuned for normals. Heroic Bethilac was easier to heal and easier to kill when it was current.
    Did the same, GRGRGRG. Tried blue, its too much movement, too much dps lost, too much movement for healers.. Proper cooldown rotations on rampages and its win !
    We kill green, we go in front of red for rampage, then spread out. Kill Red, go in front of green for rampage, then spread out. Blow BL when 6th head is dead. Then its chaos and focus boss .

Healers call what cooldown they are gonna use so we minimize wasted CDs.

Whats helped us a lot is beeing really spread out, so minimizing the poison nova damage (because its you're close you'll take loads of damage), and having people placing cinders on the edges, not on the middle.

GL
    Last edited by mmoc70ab634a7b; 2013-04-13 at 03:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    as a healer, stay in melee, and have the ranged stay out. the bomb will usually target the ranged.
    Which I do because I have to get mana back from meleeing the boss. I'm not the one getting cindered. I have to however dodge green shit and if theirs cinders behind because our ranged have cinders cleansed off them than I'm dodging the cinder dmg. Also our melee do get targeted more often than not. It's TO MUCH FUCKING SHIT EVERYWHERE. I KNOW how to play my class and I KNOW how to raid. I'm telling you heroic bethilac was easier when it was current.

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 03:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Did the same, GRGRGRG. Tried blue, its too much movement, too much dps lost, too much movement for healers.. Proper cooldown rotations on rampages and its win !
    Whats helped us a lot is beeing really spread out, so minimizing the poison nova damage (because its you're close you'll take loads of damage), and having people placing cinders on the edges, not on the middle.

GL
    Christ. Did you even read what I wrote? RAMPAGE ISN'T THE ISSUE. Our disc priest will power word barrier the first one. I'll aura mastery the second. Monk cooldowns (zen med? can't remember what he uses) will use the third. By then power word barrier will be back up. WE KNOW HOW TO FUCKING RAID. In fact that's exacly why we dismissed the blue strat because it's to much movement to much dps loss.

Being really spread out MAKES RAID HEALING INCREDIBLY TOUGH. Especially when the stupid fucking green shit on the ground HITS YOU ANYWAY even if you avoid it. Telling people to put cinders on the outside is great if they can get there fast enough before the debuff kills them and the edges are usually where the boss is facing and if anybody gets breathed on IT'S GOOD FUCKING GAME. Christ.

Heroic Bethilac was an easier fight. It's infuriating to be told the most basic raid tactics by people on this forum when I'VE BEEN DOING IT FOR YEARS on all kinds of difficulties and all at levels of play. The problem with MEG is that it's all fucking easy until the 5th or 6th head then it becomes overwhelming like everything else in this instance. It's just to BUSY. I need to be able to actually stop and hardcast. Or I should go lvl a druid or resto shaman. I would kill for Spirtual Guidance.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-04-13 at 03:37 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I think you have a skewed perspective believing that normal modes are intended for progression of 1 night a week for 2hrs with 1/3-1/2 of the raid force being inexperienced. I recommend gathering your guildmates together and doing LFR while on vent together. You can dramatically improve the success speeds of LFR, and fight something that is more appropriate difficulty to the level of effort you wish to put into playing.

You will never get better at your class, or have better group coordination if all you do is look to blame others and have an easy out.
    Oh we are definitely doing everything we can to elevate ourselves. We have done every LFR to date with Vent to discuss strategy, we valor cap every week, we all have as much VP 522 gear as possible, we're all on the current leg of the legendary quest collecting Secrets, we all get our 3 mogu coins and spend them, we kill world bosses every week etc. etc. We play WoW all the time. The problem is, getting all 10 of us on at the same time (half of us live on the west coast and half on the east coast) every week is very difficult. And VP gearing, world boss drops, LFR gear takes a lot of time to gather the proper gear. Especially if we can only count on raid boss a week to give us 522 gear. 2 pieces a week to try and fill 280 gear slots for the raid team is painfully slow. Making it somewhat easier for us to kill the 2nd and 3rd bosses would go a long way to gearing us up for the latter bosses. Our raid ilvl last night was 503, up a full 18 points from the beginning of 5.2.

We're not looking to blame anyone at all. We're not complaining about the difficulty, as we've all looked inwards to find ways to try and get past Horridon.

The purpose of Normal raids is to allow the average player to have something to do at lvl 90. Not everyone has great hand eye coordination, unlimited time, a fast PC, etc.

If you're reading this thread at all, you are almost by definition an advanced/elite level player and not representative of the WoW population in general.

Edit: My suggestion to aid the regular folk isn't necessarily to nerf the bosses either. I'd say allow people to cash in more than just 3 mogu runes of fate a week. Why limit it? Hell, I have nearly 1300 lesser charms just sitting there. By the time I can earn a legendary gem, I won't even have the required 502 headpiece to put it in.
    Last edited by schmearcampain; 2013-04-13 at 03:40 PM.

You all are aware that there is easily 8x the amount of 10m as there is 25m guilds right? As well as pugs and random casual guilds that are 10m. This is simply blizzard catering to casuals. The ammount of raid time you have means nothing if you still have 30 wipes to a single boss. There are no real "difficult" bosses on normal, they should all be easily passable with any half decent comp aside from maybe lei shen.

Deleted
    Sorry Glorious Leader, but i was browsing your armory, and you are not the insane raider who knows everything you are trying to pretend to be.
    I know this is not the thread to be saying this, but you got max 10-15 kills on first bosses of instances, and 0 to 3 kills on the last bosses... totally absent from DS .... 2 stoneguard kills ? 2 feng kills ? MAX 1 kill of HoF bosses at best .. mostly 1 kill on LFR ... 1 kill of vizier in HoF ..

don't piss in my pocket and tell me its raining .... you raided super casually in most tiers, not "at all levels etc"
    Last edited by mmoc8ee790e781; 2013-04-13 at 04:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dimondback View Post
    You all are aware that there is easily 8x the amount of 10m as there is 25m guilds right? As well as pugs and random casual guilds that are 10m. This is simply blizzard catering to casuals. The ammount of raid time you have means nothing if you still have 30 wipes to a single boss. There are no real "difficult" bosses on normal, they should all be easily passable with any half decent comp aside from maybe lei shen.
    If it isn't difficult, why are 75% of people who try it failing?

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    If it isn't difficult, why are 75% of people who try it failing?
    because 75% of people that play this game are bad? They don't put time into learning their class, to refer to the original post of this thread talking about "Its nerfed I can be lazy now" shows no effort into raiding, and 50% of 10m that do this place are very very casual, or pugs and have 0 idea what progression/raiding is.

Deleted
    Sorry Glorious Leader, but i was browsing your armory, and you are not the insane raider who knows everything you are trying to pretend to be.
    I know this is not the thread to be saying this, but you got max 10-15 kills on first bosses of instances, and 0 to 3 kills on the last bosses... totally absent from DS .... 2 stoneguard kills ? 2 feng kills ?

don't piss in my pocket and tell me its raining .... you raided super casually in most tiers, not "at all levels etc"
    he never said he was pro, he said he was an average raider (which checking the armory is true) and now stuff is getting out of reach for him and his guild (and lots of other people and his guild.)

Pretty much everything he's said so far has been true, and everything you've said has been not lies, but simply wrong.

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 04:57 PM ----------

because 75% of people that play this game are bad? They don't put time into learning their class, to refer to the original post of this threat talking about "Its nerfed I can be lazy now" shows no effort into raiding, and 50% of 10m that do this place are very very casual, or pugs and have 0 idea what progression/raiding is.
    bad is relative to good which is relative to normal.

75% of people can never be bad at anything. 25% of them can, though. This is just how such concepts work.

he never said he was pro, he said he was an average raider (which checking the armory is true) and now stuff is getting out of reach for him and his guild (and lots of other people and his guild.)

Pretty much everything he's said so far has been true, and everything you've said has been not lies, but simply wrong.

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 04:57 PM ----------

bad is relative to good which is relative to normal.

75% of people can never be bad at anything. 25% of them can, though. This is just how such concepts work.
    The more people there are, the more idiots there are, the fewer there are that excel and do their jobs well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this is not the thread to be saying this, but you got max 10-15 kills on first bosses of instances, and 0 to 3 kills on the last bosses... totally absent from DS .... 2 stoneguard kills ? 2 feng kills ? MAX 1 kill of HoF bosses at best .. mostly 1 kill on LFR ...

Your kidding right? I quit through most of DS but if I cleared it would you accept that as being the pinaccle of elite? I also skipped through most of MSV and Most of HOF because I wasn't even around. I quit this shit game roughly around the time ds came out (I did do some bosses on my hunter). Tried it again when mists launched (left for a bit fed up with daily quest grinding bullshit and mostly only raided lfr) and came back for the free week 5.2 deal. I liked some of what I saw and I liked the changes made to dailies and catch up mechanics that really pissed me off in 5.0. Hence why I also skipped most of that raiding tier.

See here's the difference between me and you. I didn't say I was the insane raider who knows everything. Your the insane raider who pretends to know everything and what's more PRESUMES TO PUT OTHERS in their place. I just said I know how to raid and I know how to heal which my "resume" more than suggests.

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 04:04 PM ----------

Pretty much everything he's said so far has been true, and everything you've said has been not lies, but simply wrong.[COLOR="red"]
    Thank you. I liked to think I was above average at times and even dare i say good but in this tier I feel like dog shit. The only thing I've said and I've tried to make this as express and clear as I can is that I know how to raid I know how to heal and I"ve done it for years. I don't think I'm king shit. I just think in the past I excelled at normals and even had heroics down. Now well I'm sub par at best and it isn't because I changed. It's because ToT is a fucking NIGHTMARE. I said it before and I'll say it again. Heroic firelands bosses PALE by comparison. I would much rather be healing H Bethliac or H Baelroc.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-04-13 at 04:09 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Your kidding right? I quit through most of DS but if I cleared it would you accept that as being the pinaccle of elite? I also skipped through most of MSV and Most of HOF because I wasn't even around.

See here's the difference between me and you kid. I didn't say I was the insane raider who knows everything. Your the insane raider who pretends to know everything and what's more PRESUMES TO PUT OTHERS in their place. I just said I know how to raid and I know how to heal which my "resume" more than suggests.

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 04:04 PM ----------

Thank you. I liked to think I was above average at times and even dare i say good but in this tier I feel like dog shit. The only thing I've said and I've tried to make this as express and clear as I can is that I know how to raid I know how to heal and I"ve done it for years. I don't think I'm king shit. I just think in the past I excelled at normals and even had heroics down. Now well I'm sub par at best and it isn't because I changed.
    Congrats, you can push 5 buttons in the correct order for 8 minutes, better then most people already *slowclap*

Deleted
    The more people there are, the more idiots there are, the fewer there are that excel and do their jobs well.
    Not as a percentage, and not in relation to each other.

This is just how concepts such as good, bad and average work. I'm sorry you are bad at understanding this.

Deleted
    agree to disagree Glorious Leader

Deleted
    agree to disagree
    You can either be right or wrong on a factual matter.

Currently, you are not on the correct side. No need to agree or disagree.

Not as a percentage, and not in relation to each other.

This is just how concepts such as good, bad and average work. I'm sorry you are bad at understanding this.
    so by your logic, 75% of the world is vastly excelled in knowledge and complete geniuses and rich? because that's the norm eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats, you can push 5 buttons in the correct order for 8 minutes, better then most people already *slowclap*
    Apparently not because being better than most people still only keeps you in LFR. The numbers and the developers are all against you.
    The hammer comes down:

Deleted
    All i'm saying, is if you say you are a good raider, but you don't actually raid more than one run per tier , i'm not sure how you measure that?

10+ Year Old Account
    agree to disagree Glorious Leader
    Your agreement isn't required. You don't have a pot to fucking piss in.
    The hammer comes down:

Deleted
    so by your logic, 75% of the world is vastly excelled in knowledge and complete geniuses and rich? because that's the norm eh?
    I'm sorry that you are in the bottom 25% of understanding how good, bad and average work.

Apparently not because being better than most people still only keeps you in LFR. The numbers and the developers are all against you.
    being your guilds worst healer as a holy pally is a pretty hefty achievement, do you stand in oddly shaped puddles too?

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 10:14 AM ----------

I'm sorry that you are in the bottom 25% of understanding how good, bad and average work.
    I mean, I can't blame you for being defensive about being the gm of a 6/12 normal guild, I would be pretty upset if I couldn't lead my guild around in a circle correctly too on durumu. So it must be the content's fault you cant progress, correct?