Thread: Blink Strikes

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blink Strikes

Is this new change "Blink Strikes" (plural) going to be better than AMoC for SV or just BM? All input is appreciated.

Deleted
    Looks like it continues in Blizzard's latest trend of nerfing burst but buffing sustained DPS.

One less button is always nice though, seems to be targeted at PvP rather than PvE, same as the powershot change.

All I know is that it's nice with a passive option and 1 less button to press. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    All I know is that it's nice with a passive option and 1 less button to press. =P
    Agreed; however, I am not worried about too many buttons. I will happily keep my current presses if it means more dmg output.

I think it's stronger as Crows for BM, not for Surv according to FD.

Quote Originally Posted by JSHawkins View Post
    seems to be targeted at PvP rather than PvE, same as the powershot change.
    All of these are targeted at "balancing" PvP, but that doesn't mean it doesn't affect PvE.

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 12:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I think it's stronger as Crows for BM, not for Surv according to FD.
    Awesome, thanks.

Deleted
    I'm just hoping it will solve the problem with pets getting stuck at certain places.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezo View Post
    I'm just hoping it will solve the problem with pets getting stuck at certain places.
    Nope, LoS says hi.

._.

I like if for saving globals, allowing more cobra shots.

Quote Originally Posted by galluk View Post
    I like if for saving globals, allowing more cobra shots.
    Very true, but what, Cobra? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by JSHawkins View Post
    Looks like it continues in Blizzard's latest trend of nerfing burst but buffing sustained DPS.

One less button is always nice though, seems to be targeted at PvP rather than PvE, same as the powershot change.
    No, it was done because people on twitter complained that there was no passive skill in multiple hunter trees.

I expect Powershot to be removed sooner or later and replaced with a passive skill as well. (As too many people use Glaive Toss and Barrage)

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I expect Powershot to be removed sooner or later and replaced with a passive skill as well. (As too many people use Glaive Toss and Barrage)
    I could see that happening, and so be it. I hate long casts as it is.

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 01:30 PM ----------

Seeing that AMoC is such a dump of focus, I'm curious if this (Blink Strikes) wouldn't turn out to be better for SV also.
    Last edited by Tecnice; 2013-04-13 at 05:31 PM.

I wish it did more dmg because murder is annoying, but oh well.

What I'm seeing right now with the initial sims is that the more haste you have, the better it gets over aMoC for BM. For SV aMoC is still simming better, although blink strike does get closer to it with more haste. It'll depend on the fight type though- on a fight with a lot of target switching I'd expect it to outperform aMoC for SV as well.

Sorry but what is happening to blink strike, can anyone plx link the changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Sorry but what is happening to blink strike, can anyone plx link the changes?
    (Blink Strike Causes your pet to instantly teleport behind an enemy target up to 40 yards away from your pet and inflict 600% normal damage) Your pet's Basic Attacks deal 50% increased damage, can now be used from 30 yards away, and will instantly teleport them behind their target. Hunter - LvL 75 Talent. 100 yd range. Instant. 20 sec cooldown.

If it's even pretty close to AMoC, I'm likely going to use it for SV as well as BM. I rather dislike how Crows lines up/doesn't line up with other cooldowns, and one less button to push is a good thing.

I have a feeling the damage output will be tweaked, though. Might be dropped somewhat for BM and buffed up for MM/SV. The devs tend to like the passive talents being a little worse than the ones that need added button presses, and also tend to like roughly equivalent balance across the specs.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Does the pet stay at 30 yard range to attack? Or does it move to melee?

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Does the pet stay at 30 yard range to attack? Or does it move to melee?
    It will teleport behind the target after using a basic attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Volant View Post
    It will teleport behind the target after using a basic attack.
    yep. but is there some hiddin cooldown or someting? because when i was testing it on dummys it would only teleport the first time i went to combat.