Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Free bag upgrades.

Okay so since Blizz has not updated easily crafted bags since netherweave. Since Tailors have to farm to make anything larger and they cost an inane about of mats. Since I think spending 200-500g per 22 slot embersilk is retarded. I have compiled a small list for people who like to roll alot of alts.

Tattered Hexcloth Bag
    24 slot bag -Zul Aman, You get this for completing the dungeon quests. (85 Cata Heroic)

Grummlepack
    24 slot - Kun Lei Summit, part of the Grummle quest chain it is a reward.

Dragon Hide Bag
    22 slot - OS, Drops of Sarth. (80 Wotlk raid)

Enlarged Onyxia Hide Backpack
    22 slot - Onyxia's Lair, Drops off Onyxia (80 Wotlk raid)

There ya go. Free upgrades. Largest you can get for free.

There is also another 22 slot alternative in the LK heroics but it is a chance drop and all these are 100%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keilith View Post
    Okay so since Blizz has not updated easily crafted bags since netherweave. Since Tailors have to farm to make anything larger and they cost an inane about of mats. Since I think spending 200-500g per 22 slot embersilk is retarded. I have compiled a small list for people who like to roll alot of alts.

Tattered Hexcloth Bag
    24 slot bag -Zul Aman, You get this for completing the dungeon quests. (85 Cata Heroic)

Grummlepack
    24 slot - Kun Lei Summit, part of the Grummle quest chain it is a reward.

Dragon Hide Bag
    22 slot - OS, Drops of Sarth. (80 Wotlk raid)

Enlarged Onyxia Hide Backpack
    22 slot - Onyxia's Lair, Drops off Onyxia (80 Wotlk raid)

There ya go. Free upgrades. Largest you can get for free.

There is also another 22 slot alternative in the LK heroics but it is a chance drop and all these are 100%
    forge of souls is so easy to farm though and you get 2 bags out of it.. even in normal mode.
    also the pit lord in hellfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    forge of souls is so easy to farm though and you get 2 bags out of it.. even in normal mode.
    also the pit lord in hellfire.
    True but I compiled my list with 100% drop rates

Here is a list of bag's listed by size

Embersilk bags are really easy to make. I have a spare 22 at the moment on one of my characters, from all the Embersilk I got from Cata dailies (plus the dust too).
    And with Potion of Treasure Finding with a Tailor, you could probally make 5-6 of these in an hour.

And I always make sure to do the Grummie quest for that bag in Kun-Lai on my alts. It is just so worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    How is doing a fast Daily Part of Golden Lotus or whatever slower than flying to Onyxia and kill her? And dailies are just the bare minimum of what gold you can make so if you even do slightly more from AH or whatever your other gold making sources are, its actually more profitable to buy the bag.

Of course, as with anything, I would recommend buying 80 Embersilk Cloth and 16 Infinite Dust and then ask a Tailor from your Guild or trade chat instead.
    Embersilk is at a premium on my realm and I really dont wanna justify spending about 1-2k on each alt just for bags. Takes me 10 minutes to fly to ony and kill her.

If you wanna buy bags go right ahead. Just posting a list for free alternatives.

I think this might help ya.
    There are many troggs in deepholm that spawn and fall off that cliff (called something Tumbler), you can kill those for an insane amount of embersilk cloth.
    Use that cloth to make (or have it made) Embersilk bags, they are very cheap to make and offer almost the maximum amount of slots a bag can give.

Just keep in mind that a tailor will find MUCH more cloth on dead mobs than a non tailor.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I think this might help ya.
    There are many troggs in deepholm that spawn and fall off that cliff (called something Tumbler), you can kill those for an insane amount of embersilk cloth.
    Use that cloth to make (or have it made) Embersilk bags, they are very cheap to make and offer almost the maximum amount of slots a bag can give.

Just keep in mind that a tailor will find MUCH more cloth on dead mobs than a non tailor.
    Oh I know. I have a tailor tbh with out. But two things wrong here.

I find more cloth in tol barad in the fortress on the first island. I can clear that whole place out in about 2 minutes and get like 8 stacks of cloth. It respawns very fast.

But thats is not the point to my list. What I listed has 2 24 slot bags and 2 22 slot. Embersilk is 22 slot so farming vs free.

Thats why I put the list up.

Deleted
    The time that it would take to farm these 4 bags, you'd probably be able to gather enough mats to make 10.

Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    The time that it would take to farm these 4 bags, you'd probably be able to gather enough mats to make 10.
    10 bags an hour is impressive. I would like to know where you are getting 800 embersilk cloth and 160 dust an hour at.

Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    Took me 45 minutes to get all 3 this morning. I did not count the grummle pack of course since you get it reguardless as long as you do the chain in kun lei.

I went to dalaran killed sarth flew back to dal took the tanaris portal flew to ony killed her took the menethil boat to EK flew to ZA and cleaned the place out in about 18 minutes. I could have likely cleaned it out faster.

Now lets break down the farming.

I made the list for alts so lets cut out the tailoring bonus.

The embersilk required for 2 bags since the others are LARGER is 160 and 32 dust.

Lets also cut out zul aman

Dalaran, fly to sarth kill sarth 10 minutes tops.
    Return fly to ony kill her likely another 10 minutes

Can you really farm 160 cloth and 32 dust on a non tailor and non enchanter in 20 minutes?
    Last edited by Keilith; 2013-04-13 at 08:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    if u like to pvp u can also just do bgs and use the honor to buy the mats and have a tailor make embersilk bags for u.

I am really confused as to why people are stuck on embersilk bags.....

The most spectacular alternative is to grind August Celestials on a tailor alt (this doesn't take much time at all now) and just park the toon in Halfhill. That toon is now a 28-slot bag factory if you mail it cloth routinely obtained going about your business on a main.

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    The most spectacular alternative is to grind August Celestials on a tailor alt (this doesn't take much time at all now) and just park the toon in Halfhill. That toon is now a 28-slot bag factory if you mail it cloth routinely obtained going about your business on a main.
    I actually like this idea but and I do this with my tailor but the thing with her is I sell stuff with her imperial silk instead of using them for alts

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    I just started playing MOP. How does this work?

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    I just started playing MOP. How does this work?
    Royal satchels the super bag this xpac are 28 slot bags.
    They need 12 imperial silk

1 imperial silk is a 24 hour cd.

With 3 spirits of harmony you can make another.

Your farm at halfhill can grow motes of harmony 15 a day

So only from this method alone no other farming thats 3 silk every 2 days.

8 days a bag.

Thats the factory method.

Thing is not all characters (especially non lvl90) can solo onyx/sarth/5manHC and if you want big bags for your bank - you will need MORE than those 4 free bags you listed.
    The troggs in deepholm literally have NO respawn time and can be pulled in packs of 30 and more (much more) - with tailoring's passive you are literally looting multiple stacks of Embersilk every ~15 to 30 seconds (depending on your class and gear).
    Another benefit of this approach is that you can make cheap 22 slot bags for sub-90 characters, who are definitely not capable of soloing most of the free bags.

Either way i don't think there is much point in this thread - 3 of the bags are not all that easy to get for a undergeared 90 (depending on class) and the craftable bags tend to be quite cheap so you can just buy em of the AH.
    Even so, with the big bank space and void storage and huge profession bags, there is not even much reason to need like almost a 100 slots in "general" bags.

I guess those bags could have some vanity value for some players though...

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Snip
    I am glad you like your method I really am. But this is ment to be a free alternative method and I said so in the opening post.

As for cheap they range from 200-500 on different servers where as netherweave a 16 slot is about 15g. The jump in price is insane to me. Even farming all those trogs you still need dust. You might come across a few greens but not enough. As for having to be 90 gimmie a break. At current content ony was 5 manned and at cata gear level you can 2 or 3 man it. At 90 soloable even sarth 3d.

It usually takes NOTHING for me at 78 to ask a real id friend to run me through sarth and ony real quick. That is if I want the bag pre 85.
    Last edited by Keilith; 2013-04-14 at 01:05 AM.

Embersilk bags are easy to make if you farm the cloth and dusts efficiently yourself like a pro, but they are definitely not worth the gold IMO. If I want to deck out an alt I'll rather get portable holes instead of super inflated, mostly cause of the dusts, embersilk bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Embersilk bags are easy to make if you farm the cloth and dusts efficiently yourself like a pro, but they are definitely not worth the gold IMO. If I want to deck out an alt I'll rather get portable holes instead of super inflated, mostly cause of the dusts, embersilk bags.
    Exactly. When I farm cloth I make more money selling it.