10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    At least in a game there's a chance you could vote for someone you actually like rather than which turd is shinier .
    Heck, even in real life you can vote for freakin' Sean Connery if you want to. He's just probably not gonna win...

Look it up, a lot of people vote for Mickey Mouse every election.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

There's a Donald Duck Party in Sweden. >.<
    Free liquor and wider sidewalks.

Anyhow, I hope the emperor thingy will only be "cosmetic" so to speak.

Deleted
    Ok I've just watched some leaked footage of the game in beta and wow was that a massive letdown.

I had reasonably high hopes for the game but what I saw looked like the blandest, most generic MMO you could imagine. It was more reminiscent of some of the earlier F2P games and "failed" MMOs like Vanguard than a real AAA MMO.

What a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Ok I've just watched some leaked footage of the game in beta and wow was that a massive letdown.

I had reasonably high hopes for the game but what I saw looked like the blandest, most generic MMO you could imagine. It was more reminiscent of some of the earlier F2P games and "failed" MMOs like Vanguard than a real AAA MMO.

What a disappointment.
    Link?
    +10charizards
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Link?
    +10charizards
    google teso beta leaks

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    -snip-

Very dissapointed with it.

Do not share content protected by NDA. --Sj
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-04-14 at 04:50 PM.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    -snip-
    Very dissapointed with it.
    That was a pretty shit video of the game tbh. I wouldn't judge it on what you saw, as that video was 19min of mostly emptiness.
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-04-14 at 04:50 PM.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

So the best way to judge a game is by cherrypicked marketing-approved snippets from official trailers and previews?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    So the best way to judge a game is by cherrypicked marketing-approved snippets from official trailers and previews?
    I don't know if that was in response to me or not, but obviously not. However I could take a 19min video of me walking through Durotar in WoW vaguely and pausing every couple of minutes and WoW would look like a shit game too, Beta or not. If you are trying to see how a game is, actually watch a person who knows what the hell they are doing play it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, since NDA still on, i cannot really watch a person, who knows what the hell they are doing, so i have to watch a leaked footage. And bare in mind, what else could you do in your first 20 minute of gameplay in any mmo? Be it WoW, GW2, Wildstar or Age of Conan? You would do the exact same, jumping around, getting used to controls, checking menu and interface, just instead of running around aimlessly, you would complete tutorial quests.

Or do you expect to ride a dragon in your first session?
    Time is on our side

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, since NDA still on, i cannot really watch a person, who knows what the hell they are doing, so i have to watch a leaked footage. And bare in mind, what else could you do in your first 20 minute of gameplay in any mmo? Be it WoW, GW2, Wildstar or Age of Conan? You would do the exact same, jumping around, getting used to controls, checking menu and interface, just instead of running around aimlessly, you would complete tutorial quests.

Or do you expect to ride a dragon in your first session?
    It is poor perception to judge an entire MMO based on one terrible video. The only information you are getting of the game is some voice acting, menu interface, and some running animations and jumping, all that will probably be tidied up or changed by the release of the game. And you are "very disappointed" in it? What did YOU expect to see? Riding dragons?

I am not disappointed, personally.
    This was what I was expecting. Reminds me a LOT of tortage from Age of Conan. The guy in the video didn't seem to time him blocks with enemy attacks at all. I mean, if you played like the in GW2 you would have a bad time too. I don't understand the complaints about graphics. To me, the graphics in the TES franchise have always been filled with muddy textures. HD textures probably aren't in beta yet. The targeting system seems to work fine, the combat seems responsive. It's kind of messed up that you can't see your hands / staff in first person view. I am not seeing any action locking, the guy is shooting fireballs while back pedaling. The voice acting seems okay. Killing rats and lizards for alchemy supplies is very TES, I like that. Not sure how I feel about the unattackable NPCs but that's alright. I guess that prevents griefing (stop killing the vendor!!!). The UI is very minimalistic as promised. Books hidden around for explorers and collectors.

What exactly are people finding "wrong" about this?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm dissapointed with the combat, and personally the sprint animation of the human model. Thats it, dont think i going to "hate on the game till the end of time from now on", i just said, im dissapointed, but its far from release, so i will still looking for more information / footage.
    Time is on our side

Wasn't it said somewhere that the first few levels are the most crucial for retaining new players? So far there is nothing interesting going on whatsoever at the start... Even WoW has polished the starting experience somewhat, not to mention the high story load of games like SWTOR. TESO just seems a bit boring and un-engaging in that respect.

Of course, that's judging from the few things I've seen so far. No judgement, just an observation, based on the facts available to me.

Where else was that vid linked? Just curious, because the comments are going down fast, it seems like it's gone semi-viral.

I'm guessing reddit.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I'm dissapointed with the combat
    In what way though? You knew it was going to be based off TES so you would have to aim, it has the light and strong attacks like in TES, and it has a block ability which the author failed to use properly.

I dont think either of these classes are pure anything. Templar has a heal utility, same as the Guardian from Guild Wars 2. I think there will be supports and damage, and many crosses in between the two.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont know the original source, i found the link on a hungarian fan site.
    Time is on our side

Also, once you realize that Crafty Lerisa is twilight sparkle, you can't unknow it.