Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just reached level 90. Where do I start with now?

So I had not levelled a character to 90 this expansion. However, on returning I went ahead and levelled a Death Knight and just dinged level 90.

I was wondering what should be my gearing process and what reputations should I be focusing on for PVE? I do realise that Isle of Thunder have a ton of dailies and new factions that reward better gear. Was hoping someone would be able to explain and suggest a route I should take. Thanks.

I know its pretty straight forward for PVP, farm and farm Honor and Conquest Points. BTW where are the PVP vendors in Pandaria?

If I were you?
    Level an alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    So I had not levelled a character to 90 this expansion. However, on returning I went ahead and levelled a Death Knight and just dinged level 90.

I was wondering what should be my gearing process and what reputations should I be focusing on for PVE? I do realise that Isle of Thunder have a ton of dailies and new factions that reward better gear. Was hoping someone would be able to explain and suggest a route I should take. Thanks.

I know its pretty straight forward for PVP, farm and farm Honor and Conquest Points. BTW where are the PVP vendors in Pandaria?
    If you wanna do dailies, start with Golden Lotus. Also set Golden Lotus as your preffered rep for scenarios and LFD. Start doing scenarios and LFD - you can queue for both at the same time. Usually by the time you finish scenario, LFD queue will be done.

If you don't have a lot of time to play, stick to one scenario and one LFD a day. Both give some gear, VP and rep. If you have extra time - start doing quests for Tillers and working on your farm - it'll give you extra crafting mats and help with rep once you get to exalted (doesn't take too long). If you still have more time - you can do dailies for Order of Cloud Serpent - they don't reward gear, but unlock ability to ride pandaria cloud serpent mounts. Also, go to secret stair and get legendary questline from Wrathion, the sooner the better.

In maybe two weeks you'll probably have good enough gear to do some LFR.

PS: If you want to avoid getting burned out, I REALLY don't recommend doing all available dailies every day. Stick to one or two factions.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    dailies!!!!!!

Get some honor and start buying 476 epics to up your Ilvl. Resilience is not in the item budget anymore so they are very much functional in pve, at least until you get some decent gear. You can get honor efficiently by winning TB/WG and running dungeons converting the justice into honor (more than ~300 honor per dungeon).

Do the 5.2 dailies for old coins and use them to get 483 gear. The treasure trove scenario thing can cap you on coins (20) every week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skip golden lotus(they take too long to reach exalted), burn through Klaxxi and do IoT dailies. Klaxxi exalted is easiest to get since you can just grind mobs for a rep turn-in and provides a 489(iirc) ring. Make sure you pick up the black prince quests, don't worry about the rep with him since you'll get it from killing mobs on the IoT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Start Kirin Tor Offensive asap (476 belt for gold on friendly), then golden lotus. You'll want to save your valor for Shado-Pan Assault rewards (522). Other factions don't really matter for gearing up right now, since the rewards are lower level than the 5.2 ones. Spam heroics and turn your JP into honor and buy 476 pvp gear, which is great raid entry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Just pvp for honor. Get a full 476 set in the meantime. Once you are able to do MV Looking For Raid, get in on that and get some pve gear as well. Skip all dailies except for the new ones on thunder isle.

The first thing you should do is run the Arena of Annihilation scenario - it gives you a quest that rewards an ilvl 450 weapon.

Dungeons, Dailies, Scenarios, BGs, maxing profs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Madone View Post
    The first thing you should do is run the Arena of Annihilation scenario - it gives you a quest that rewards an ilvl 450 weapon.
    Oh yeah. That is what I've been looking out for. Was surprised I couldn't find a Ring of Blood quest chain in Pandaria. Thanks everyone for all the information and please keep them coming.

Do scenarios require a certain ilevel before queueing for them ?

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 02:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Skip golden lotus(they take too long to reach exalted), burn through Klaxxi and do IoT dailies. Klaxxi exalted is easiest to get since you can just grind mobs for a rep turn-in and provides a 489(iirc) ring. Make sure you pick up the black prince quests, don't worry about the rep with him since you'll get it from killing mobs on the IoT.
    OH didn't know that. Well I was only considering doing the Golden Lotus cause I could jump to the August Celestials. BTW how long would it take to get exalted with them them?

I will probably be doing the Kalxxi since all my BS patterns are locked behind them.

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 02:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    Start Kirin Tor Offensive asap (476 belt for gold on friendly), then golden lotus. You'll want to save your valor for Shado-Pan Assault rewards (522). Other factions don't really matter for gearing up right now, since the rewards are lower level than the 5.2 ones. Spam heroics and turn your JP into honor and buy 476 pvp gear, which is great raid entry.
    How many new factions do we have in patch 5.2? I play Alliance btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    If I were you?
    Level an alt.
    This. I've actually started new on Wyrmrest Accord, leaving my 25 guild and Hunter behind (although I might move him sooner or later).

Quote Originally Posted by Sanochan View Post
    This. I've actually started new on Wyrmrest Accord, leaving my 25 guild and Hunter behind (although I might move him sooner or later).
    OMG. I came back and re-rolled on Wyrmrest Accord as well. I play Alliance BTW. Still getting to make new friends on the server. I've met some really fun people. Its pretty laid back and a lot of people recommended it. Getting into a bit more hardcore RP.

Do you play Alliance? If you do you can add me :3

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    If I were you?
    Level an alt.
    I second this.^
    Operation Red Wing

I really am greatefull for all the answers and suggestions on here. However, I hope I am not asking too much but its really hard to keep up with all the factions reward lists and the gear that they give, would someone be able to at least given the ilevel on the gear that is locked behind these respective factions, dungeons, scenarios, LFR raids of 5.0.1 and 5.2 as well as normal modes, including the ilevel of gear that can be obtained from the Isle of Thunder factions.

I would very much appreciate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG. I came back and re-rolled on Wyrmrest Accord as well. I play Alliance BTW. Still getting to make new friends on the server. I've met some really fun people. Its pretty laid back and a lot of people recommended it. Getting into a bit more hardcore RP.

Do you play Alliance? If you do you can add me :3
    I went Horde after playing Alliance! XD Playing a Tauren Drood now.

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    I second this.^
    I just did level an alt and that alt is my main. I left my Paladin that was my main for the entirety of Cataclysm on my old realm. Started on a new realm with a Death Knight and finally dinged level 90. I enjoy the Death Knight class and wouldn't consider levelling another class other than a monk down the road.

I agree with the dailies on IoT, but would also recommend Tillers to increase your farm size (and sell mats). But what are your profs? If blacksmithing, do some Klaxxi to Honored. If enchanting, do Golden Lotus just to unlock Shado-pan/August Celestial. Leatherworking/Tailoring do Golden Lotus to Honored.

Quote Originally Posted by addlemanc View Post
    I agree with the dailies on IoT, but would also recommend Tillers to increase your farm size (and sell mats). But what are your profs? If blacksmithing, do some Klaxxi to Honored. If enchanting, do Golden Lotus just to unlock Shado-pan/August Celestial. Leatherworking/Tailoring do Golden Lotus to Honored.
    Yeah actually just posted a question on the profession forums. I do have Blacksmithing and Enchanting and was wondering if it was actually worth picking up the patterns now that we are in 5.2?

Yeah actually just posted a question on the profession forums. I do have Blacksmithing and Enchanting and was wondering if it was actually worth picking up the patterns now that we are in 5.2?
    I would say the enchanting ones would be a goal to work towards, just so you can save (or make, quite a bit) money enchanting your own bracers/weapons (but you're a DK, so weapon enchants don't matter).

Another thing to do is to make sure you get your "key" each week to do the solo scenario on IoT, best way to elder charms for the 5.0 raids.