Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What change to Ele You expect in 5.3?

Like in topic. Do you think they will scale LvB with crit rating? Or provide some mechanics to Searing Totem?

Unfortunately, if LvB scaled with crit, it would be our top priority for secondary stats making haste and mastery pretty useless. We would be stacking crit almost as hard as a fire mage due to the 2.5 amplification on all crits. IMO I believe we're in a good spot due to our great aoe and strong burst. Our non burst dmg is low but if we got a buff there, were making ele the most op clAss out there. As for searing totem I don't see any reason to change its mechanics? Not sure what's wrong with it

Quote Originally Posted by Foogyjenkins View Post
    As for searing totem I don't see any reason to change its mechanics? Not sure what's wrong with it
    How about the fact that it does absolutely nothing but an additional 2-4k DPS which we simply refresh every 60 seconds? It's the most boring ability we have, and its tied to what makes us unique, totems. Enhancement uses ST to buff their Lava Lash, we need something to make Searing Totem feel interesting and worth dropping.

They already said they wont scale LvB with crit. I don't really have an answer, but I would love to have something to sustain higher single target DPS without the help of an Elemental or Ascendance.

No i dont think they will let LvB scale with crit. might give too much burst for pvp.
    but i would like Searing totem to scale with haste, would make it a really good "dot"..

we need the issues with all haste procs stacking being totally useless fixed, we badly need a 0.5 GCD instead of 1 to fix a lot of issues on stupidly low casts times during lust and meta gem trinkets etc etc.

we have no spammable instants like ice lance or sw p etc so honestly lowering our gcd has no exploitable problems it simply fixes getting 130% haste and not having like 60% wasted which is sad.

atm on pulls im getting 0.604 sec lava bursts....wow 40% of my haste being wasted on casts and only useful for fire ele and flame shock ticks....thats not really acceptable.

None. Eles are awful, at least in pve, and this will be for ever (and by ever I mean - until we get a class designer who isn't a complete lame piece of mindless crap.)
    Shamans need a complete rework of class, something like Warlocks got in MoP. No bandaid fixes will solve anything.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-04-15 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foogyjenkins View Post
    Unfortunately, if LvB scaled with crit, it would be our top priority for secondary stats making haste and mastery pretty useless. We would be stacking crit almost as hard as a fire mage due to the 2.5 amplification on all crits. IMO I believe we're in a good spot due to our great aoe and strong burst. Our non burst dmg is low but if we got a buff there, were making ele the most op clAss out there. As for searing totem I don't see any reason to change its mechanics? Not sure what's wrong with it
    LvB is not exactly the hard hitting spell in pvp. How much do you hit with it? 35-45k on target with good resi? About 60-65k with overload proc? Why do you think making LvB scaling with crit would change its strength so dramatically? That would add about 15% of damage for any LvB casted, which means - 40-55k without and 65-72k damage with overload proc. This is not something I would call gamebreaking or totally broken neither for pve nor pvp. More so, it's not exactly the case you can pop ascendance and nuke freely - you will usually get CCed extremely quick or FS on your target will be dispelled promptly.

And what is the problem if crit becomes our best stat to stack? Doesn't destro locks or fire mages are doing the same? Anyway, you cannot stack crit as much as you can stack haste or mastery, and even now we have problem with stacking haste (too much haste with trinket procs, gem procs, BL or EM -> leads to breaking 1 sec cast time on LvB, going under the GCD treshold while in ascendance and as a result less dps). Even if you are trying to avoid haste and go pure mastery, the problem still remains - too much haste.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    None. Eles are awful, at least in pve, and this will be for ever (and by ever I mean - until we get a class designer who isn't a complete lame piece of mindless crap.)
    Shamans need a complete rework of class, something like Warlocks got in MoP. No bandaid fixes will solve anything.

[Infracted]
    Why do you think elemental is "awful" in PvE, and why do you think the class in general is so bad and needs a "rework"? I am actually curious. Assuming you have actual reasons, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Why do you think elemental is "awful" in PvE, and why do you think the class in general is so bad and needs a "rework"? I am actually curious. Assuming you have actual reasons, of course.
    Maybe because raidbot logs are not in our favor - enh is at the bottom of melee dps, ele is at the bottom of caster dps and resto is the worst healer?

The last time Ele was good in PvP was Wrath so....take us back to Wrath design please.

We had minimal survivability in Wrath but great on demand burst with Lava Burst. Since then they took away our burst but didn't compensate with survivability. No reason to play Ele anymore from a PvP perspective.

I wouldn't mind see a change so that our lava bursts have a base cast time of 2 seconds (and have its damage increased proportionately), just to band-aid the gcd capping issue we have atm with the meta gem.

Deleted
    Well as for LvB I remember Ghostcrawler said during 5.2 PTR that they would like to look at it but PTR won't last long enough for some test being conducted, hence I asked you guys about this. What if scaling wouldn't be 1:1 but 1:1,5? (to accomodate for our increased crit dmg) It still would be awesome. The problem with LvB is (aside from short cast and easy GCD capping) that if we stack much crit LB seems better (it scales better, hits harder, doesn't cap GCD).

EDIT : We still lack some one target dmg (Kind of magaera fight where ele's are like 5-10% behind other classses)

searing totem scaling with haste would be nice. don't know why people have problems with it. it is a dot. different mechanic as usual dots but that's it.

crit scaling LvB would be nice too. every time somebody wants to see some buff for LvB a lot of people cry "that would make us imbalanced for pvp". would it really? and even if it would make us strong in dealing damage would it make us imbalanced? it is not that we are hard to kill...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EruptorNZ View Post
    I wouldn't mind see a change so that our lava bursts have a base cast time of 2 seconds (and have its damage increased proportionately), just to band-aid the gcd capping issue we have atm with the meta gem.
    I agree with this, this would also make the instant LvB even better.
    As far as Searing totem goes, I would not mind if they would simply remove it, or change it to a cooldown, but we already have enough cooldown.
    Last edited by mmoc29a7c2362f; 2013-04-15 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudko View Post
    Well as for LvB I remember Ghostcrawler said during 5.2 PTR that they would like to look at it but PTR won't last long enough for some test being conducted,
    kinda funny how we almost always here something or another like this every other patch

anyway i wouldn't expect anything more than what we have already been given. Shaman Devs are gonna have thier hands full with the new enhancement buffs and probably won't do anything for ele since they just buffed us in 5.2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RyokuchaMidori View Post
    I agree with this, this would also make the instant LvB even better.
    As far as Searing totem goes, I would not mind if they would simply remove it, or change it to a cooldown, but we already have enough cooldown.
    I would love if they made searing totem cooldown change to Serpent Ward with some mechanics (Dunno maybe when FS tick crits you gain some stacks?) but again you have point we have many cooldowns and they don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    We had minimal survivability in Wrath but great on demand burst with Lava Burst. Since then they took away our burst but didn't compensate with survivability. No reason to play Ele anymore from a PvP perspective.
    Wotlk Design relied on that Lava Burst is actually hitting for a huge amount of the enemies Hp but was backset by the fact that you couldn't fire it that easily as you can do it now.

Elemental would wreck anything if Lvb would do as much dmg compared to the enemies hp as it did in Wotlk.

Things like Lava Surge, Lvb Overload and Ascendance didn't exist during Wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    don't know why people have problems with it. it is a dot. different mechanic as usual dots but that's it.
    Problem is that it's a "DoT" that does nothing, it's just there and does pitiful dmg but justifies it's position because of it's superlong duration.

Usually Dot do some Dmg (SW:P; Moonfire; etc.) or are used for some crucial Mechanic (like FS) or both.

Searing totem does not fall in one of those categories, Searing totem is still using the "old" totem mechanic, you place it down and redrop it without any interaction.

The easiest solution would be to give it the same mechanic as Healing Stream for Elemental, 15sec Duration, 30-60sec CD and increased Damage, that you would actually turn searing into something you should pay at least some attention.

Deleted
    I hope they change the 4p set bonus. I don't like it.

I'd give Searing Totem a chance to proc something like this: http://www.wowdb.com/spells/20564-elemental-fire

Wish list :
    - make LvB a 2sec cast spell
    - make LvB scale with crit
    - remove the 2.5 crit multiplier
    - make searing totem scale with haste (and mastery ?)
    - make mastery proc on fulmination, I mean come on it's our second resource !
    - make FS tic harder

None of these will happen in 5.3 and maybe not in 5.4 but hopefully some hard work will be done for the next Xpac. Elem is really enjoyable, it's a great spec with lots of utility but it is hindered by a few flaws.
    The goal of these changes are to improve the benefit from haste/mastery/crit and to remove some RNG from the spec.