Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Heroic: Ji-Kun 10 Help

Hi All,

We are starting Ji-Kun Heroic this weekend and I've been doing a lot of reading around tactics, below is our Raid comp and the observations/best tactic I've put together based on threads I've read here and multiple videos I've watched:

Raid Comp:

Guardian Druid
    Prot Warrior
    Resto Druid
    Resto Druid
    Holy Paladin
    Fire Mage
    Survival Hunter
    Frost DK
    Rogue
    Ret Pala

Observations:

Nest Guardians up on Nests 2, 4, 8, 12 and 14
    Lower nests consist of 4 Hatchlings
    Upper nests consist of 2 Hatchlings

Tactics:

Group 1: DK, Hunter, Rogue, Holy Pala
    Group 2: Mage, Ret Pala, Guardian Tank, Holy Pala

Group 2 DPS use feathers for Damage buffs from food for nests 3, 4, 5, 6, 11, 12

----------------------------------------------------

Nest 1 (Lower): Group 1
    Nest 2 (Lower): Group 2
    Nest 3 (Lower): Group 1
    Nest 4 (Upper): Group 1 plus Guardian Tank minus Rogue
    Nest 5 (Upper): Group 1 minus Rogue
    Nest 6 (Upper): Group 1 minus Rogue

Nest 7 (Lower): Group 1
    Nest 8 (Lower): Group 2
    Nest 9 (Lower): Group 1
    Nest 10 (Upper): Group 2
    Nest 11 (Upper): Group 1 minus Rogue
    Nest 12 (Upper): Group 1 plus Guardian Tank minus Rogue

If Boss is <30%:
    Hero + Nuke Boss

If not:
    Nest 13 (Lower): Group 1
    Nest 14 (Lower): Group 2

Hero + Nuke Boss

I plan on using our Holy Pala on every Platform to heal and to drop one of the DPS from the Upper Platforms as only 2 Ads spawn instead of 4 (from what I can gather?). This DPS will stay on the Boss during those times.

Does this strat sound okay or am I missing anything glaring?

Thanks for the help,
    Sully

Deleted
    We found no reason to send a healer down with the nests. The tanks are getting hit really hard, and with 1 healer on the platform they just kept dropping. We only had 2 nests where the AoE would come before we were back and it was the second nest and the 4th i think. We had our boomkin heal the grp on the second nest, and our ele shaman the 4th one. After that there was no real reason to bring healers down, since the add only tickles the tank.

You need to send tanks differently though, the second nest will have an add, and the first nest up will have one, then it will be the 8th nest. (Same as the second one)
    We decided to replenish all feathers, and get the food buff and BL after the 9th nest, and ignored the rest. Was not a hard kill.

So to sum it up.

Put your best AoE in group 1. Who will be doing all nests exept for the second and the 8th. (Make sure they have 3 feathers after doing the 3rd nest, wich means they need to waste 1 feather on the second nests feed young. Go down to nest 3 with 1 feather, wich will give them 4 feathers. 1 to fly up, and 3 for the nests above. Put the other dps in grp 2.

Nest 1 - grp 1
    nest 2 - grp 2 + tank
    nest 3 - grp 1
    nest 4- grp 1 + tank
    nest 5 - grp 1
    nest 6 - grp 1
    nest 7 - grp 1
    nest 8 - grp 2 + tank
    nest 9 - grp 1

Ignore rest. And wait till the food buff and BL. Grp 2 should use all feathers for food buff and boss nuke. The boss should be around 40%, when you BL. That should easily be a smooth kill.

1 more thing i want to add is put dps in grps 3 in each. You won't need more then 3 for the adds. And the 3 other dps, if they utilize their feathers well will bring the boss down to <40% easily.
    Last edited by mmoc94b3cd45b5; 2013-04-05 at 12:56 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks Miscam, I think the difference in our Strats is you are 2 healing where we are going to 3... We plan to leave two Resto Druids on the main platform at all times, they can alternate tanq and tree form for every quill then.

With the extra DPS I can see you pushing it after 9 nests but I don't think we can do that with five....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscam View Post
    We found no reason to send a healer down with the nests. The tanks are getting hit really hard, and with 1 healer on the platform they just kept dropping. We only had 2 nests where the AoE would come before we were back and it was the second nest and the 4th i think. We had our boomkin heal the grp on the second nest, and our ele shaman the 4th one. After that there was no real reason to bring healers down, since the add only tickles the tank.

You need to send tanks differently though, the second nest will have an add, and the first nest up will have one, then it will be the 8th nest. (Same as the second one)
    We decided to replenish all feathers, and get the food buff and BL after the 9th nest, and ignored the rest. Was not a hard kill.

So to sum it up.

Put your best AoE in group 1. Who will be doing all nests exept for the second and the 8th. (Make sure they have 3 feathers after doing the 3rd nest, wich means they need to waste 1 feather on the second nests feed young. Go down to nest 3 with 1 feather, wich will give them 4 feathers. 1 to fly up, and 3 for the nests above. Put the other dps in grp 2.

Nest 1 - grp 1
    nest 2 - grp 2 + tank
    nest 3 - grp 1
    nest 4- grp 1 + tank
    nest 5 - grp 1
    nest 6 - grp 1
    nest 7 - grp 1
    nest 8 - grp 2 + tank
    nest 9 - grp 1

Ignore rest. And wait till the food buff and BL. Grp 2 should use all feathers for food buff and boss nuke. The boss should be around 40%, when you BL. That should easily be a smooth kill.

1 more thing i want to add is put dps in grps 3 in each. You won't need more then 3 for the adds. And the 3 other dps, if they utilize their feathers well will bring the boss down to <40% easily.
    are you sure nest 6 spawns without big add? seems bigwigs says so at least. thats hence me asking
    proof: ww w.youtube.com/watch?v=CFDk_F5ytj4
    cant post link, just do it without the "spaces" Look at 3.27

havnt done boss yet, so just asking you know =)
    Last edited by mmocbb1534d252; 2013-04-05 at 04:49 PM.

BW is a little off I found. Nest Guardians are in fact on platforms: 2 (lower), 4 (upper), 8 (lower), 12 (upper)

We just kept it simple. We 3 healed it and still beat the berserk by over a minute on the first kill and DPS wasn't exceptional by any means.
    Group A = 3 DPS + occasional healer so he could get the buff
    Group B = 2 DPS + 1 tank + 1 healer

ROTATION 1
    Nest 1 - Group A + occasional healer
    Nest 2 - Group B. Heal quills. Fly up like 5-10 seconds a few seconds before Down Draft to catch the Feed Young on the way up.
    Nest 3 - Group A (no healer)
    Nest 4 - Group B. Heal quills.
    Nest 5 - 2 of the 3 DPS from Group A. The other DPS can DPS boss, collect FY
    Nest 6 - 2 of the 3 DPS from Group A. Make sure to survive quills or kill adds before quills.

ROTATION TWO
    Nest 7 - Group A + healer
    Nest 8 - Group B. We alternated the tank that went down at this point to limit Talon Rake stacks. Heal quills and get ready to fly up.
    DOUBLE NEST SPAWN
    Nest 9 - Group A (no healer)
    Nest 10 - 2 DPS of Group B. Must fly straight up from lower nest. We used a lock + rogue so the lock could port up (set port on Nest 4) and Shadowstep because the flight is tight. If you cannot get this down, another alternative is to nuke the eggs down fast on Nest 8, jump off the platform to get blown up slowly and then using the feather from the main platform.
    Nest 11 - 2 DPS of Group A
    Nest 12 - Group B. Survive quills.
    Nest 13 - Optional, but we had group A go down just to get feathers.

Lust and burn.

3 healing this will be a total waste of time, we did it once because we had a dps late, and we wasted 2 hours of progression and killed it when we went back to 2 healers in 2 pulls. There is not enough damage to justify 3 healers on this fight, quills are the only rough part to heal, and can be healed with a cooldown like spirit shell easily.

Nest 1 Down: Disc Priest, Hunter, Ele Shaman, WW Monk
    Nest 2 Down: Monk Tank, Rogue, DK, Disc Priest ** QUILL
    Nest 3 Down: Disc Priest, Hunter, Ele Shaman, WW Monk
    Nest 4 Up: Monk tank, Hunter, Ele Shaman, Disc Priest ** QUILL
    Nest 5 Up: Disc Priest, Hunter, Ele Shaman
    Nest 6 Up: Disc Priest, Hunter, Ele Shaman

Nest 7 Down: Disc Priest, Hunter, Ele Shaman, WW Monk
    Nest 8 Down: Monk Tank, Rogue, DK, Disc Priest * QUILL
    *Nest 9 Down: Disc Priest, Hunter, Ele Shaman
    *Nest 10 Up: Rogue, WW Monk
    Nest 11 Up: Disc Priest, Hunter, Ele Shaman
    Nest 12: Monk tank, Hunter, Ele Shaman, Disc Priest

Go down and burn boss with blood lust after Feed Young. And obviously, nest 10 and 11 are happening at same time, took us a couple of pulls to figured that one out and wonder why we had junveniles, so it should shorten your progression by knowing it from the start. I don't need to heal most of the nests so I'm there to do dps and top people off... since you don't need 2 heals on main platform, no need to bother not following the group.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    3 healer 2 tank 3 melee 2 ranged

group 1 - ret, lock, spriest
    group 2 - rogue, dk dps, warrior tank, one healer
    group 3 - dk tank, resto druid, misty monk

group 3 on platform 100% of the time

nest 1(down) - g1
    nest 2(down) - g2
    nest 3(down) - g1
    nest 4(up) - g1 + tank from g2
    nest 5(up) - g1 without spriest
    nest 6(up) -g1 without spriest

nest 7(down) - g1
    nest 8(down) - g2
    nest 9(down) - g1 without spriest
    nest 10(up) - spriest flies up immediately after quills and rogue joins him asap once his feathers are off CD after nest8
    nest 11(up) - g1 without spriest
    nest 12(up) - g1 without spriest + tank

All down BL burn. Seemed rly easy. Our ret and lock rotate dps CDs and can do platforms between them. If not the spriest can just follow. Our strat gave more boss dps rather than have people just stand around on top platforms idling.

You guys make this boss WAY harder than it needs to be. Do the EXACT same rotation twice and beat the boss. 1 2 1 2 1 1 done. 3 heal it. 3 dps in group 1, 2 dps in group 2.

Nest 1 - Group 1
    Nest 2 - Group 2 + tank
    Nest 3 - Group 1
    Nest 4 - Group 2 + tank (wait for second stack of debuff on tank)
    Nest 5 - Group 1 minus one person
    Nest 6 - Group 1 minus one person (immediately jump down to nest 7 area / use health stone / personals)
    ---------------------------------
    Nest 7 - Group 1
    Nest 8 - Group 2 + tank
    Nest 9 - Group 1 (down)
    Nest 10 - Group 2 (same time as Nest 9, had issues flying from nest 8 to 10 so they went to main platform, waited, then went up to 10)
    Nest 11 - Group 1
    Nest 12 - Group 1 + tank
    ---------------------------------
    Burn boss - Group 1 should have 1 feather left and use it on down draft or nutriment.

We started with sending a tank down on the Guardian platforms, but we found that he was flopping over due to the Infected Talons dot + the quills down there. How are you guys handling that without sending a healer down with him?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    3 healing this will be a total waste of time, we did it once because we had a dps late, and we wasted 2 hours of progression and killed it when we went back to 2 healers in 2 pulls. There is not enough damage to justify 3 healers on this fight, quills are the only rough part to heal, and can be healed with a cooldown like spirit shell easily.
    Thats funny, we 3 healed it first week (With only 1 disc Priest). Killed it in very few pulls.
    Last edited by Celar; 2013-04-05 at 08:08 PM.
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

Quote Originally Posted by Celar View Post
    Thats funny, we 3 healed it and got west rank 14 (10m). Killed it in very few pulls.
    Don't get me wrong, we changed our strat too for no good reason when we 3 healed it. It's not the only reason. But there is still no need to 3 heal this. I barely had to heal 3 nests, and that's it, rest I was dpsing eggs.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get me wrong, we changed our strat too for no good reason when we 3 healed it. It's not the only reason. But there is still no need to 3 heal this. I barely had to heal 3 nests, and that's it, rest I was dpsing eggs.
    I agree that its pointless to 3 heal it, though. The second week I spendt 60% of my GCDs on wrath/moonfire, doing less healing than the tank cus it wasnt required :P
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

We just 2 healed, had 2 separate groups...group 1 did even nests, group 2 did odd nests, sent a tank if there was a nest guardian. 12 nests then nuke. No need to over complicate this loot pinata.

Deleted
    We just did Jin'rokh HC this week and had time for about 5 tries on Ji-Kun - we came up with something like that:

Prot pala+prot warrior
    3 heals - resto shaman (going to every nest); holy pala and disc priest - full time platform warmers
    G1 = DK+Hunter (Shadow Priest in one more week when our primary raider comes back) +Mage
    G2 = Lock+monk + tank (warrior)

1 2 1 2 1 1

Aiming to clear ~12 nests and then just get cozy on the platform and hero and keep going till it or we die...

Does that sound actually feasible?
    What about soaking the green goo on the platform? Should we do it?
    What about Caw? Should people try and get out of it? It seems to be absolutely doable if you are standing at max range...

Am I forgetting something?

Deleted
    So we wiped a bit (around 3 hours) and apart from our prot pally sometimes dying to 3 unmitigated 240k hits in a row we seem to be in a good spot... we are around 55% at 7-8th nest - seems a bit low, but apparently people are still grasping some things (like optimal use of feathers for Primal nutriments)

logs - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/2dvw5j8con8mqoun/ - and yeah I know they are semi-useful since I am not logging people farther then 100 yards and this happens when going to some nests

Due to tank deaths sometimes I do not see it viable to go for 2 healing strategy... am I wrong?

we are going with:
    Holy Paladin and Resto shaman - always on the platform and healing tank/dpsers who are not nesting atm

first rotation - warrior tank goes to nests 2 and 4; 2nd - paladin tank goes to nests 8 and 12 (didnt get that far ;/)
    Tanks try to soak some goo when not actively tanking and it is in melee but nothing other

We do also seem to have people dying on quills... and not sure how to combat that... demo shout lower the damage by 10%, Spirit Link Totem - 10% but that seems to be it... oh and we do have 2 HoPs that can be distributed... we are telling people to stack on tanks on quills but still there's a random death now and then... guess they need to learn to get there faster and avoid Caw better, eh?

Deleted
    wait what, i thought you're just supposed to burn the boss before the double? (after nest 8) - all take the debuff, hero, rape. gz

edit: also theres some spare feathers for the melee who sits on the boss to just take and rape.

edit2: 2 or 3 healers doesnt rly matter; solohealing quills can be a pain, but doable as a holydin. strategy remains the same.
    Last edited by mmocd7449ed493; 2013-04-14 at 11:50 PM.

We 3 heal it, but I (mistweaver) fly around with 2 of the dps to handle like 80% of the nests instead of sending 3 dps, just fistweaving on the eggs. I'm back on the main platform for all but 2 of the quills, and both of those coincide with having a tank with us anyway, so I'm still healing 40% of the raid at those points. It just makes the fight easier in general IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you guys handle the tank stacks? When do you taunt?

If you only send the tank down to Nest 2 (lower) and Nest 4 (upper), you only have one tank with feathers. Meaning, that tank needs to take both nests.

But when we do it like that, the plattform tank gets 4 Stacks of Talon Rake 100% of the time, sometimes even 5 Stacks. And that is pretty harsh. The Tank inbetween Nests can only take 1 Talon Rake but thats not enough for the Debuff to drop of the other tank before he needs to switch again.

Same goes for the second rotation, where there is not even the downtime for 1 Stack between nests, so he will get 4-5 Stacks again.

Is that normal? Or how do you circumvent that?

And you can easily make any DPS requirements with 3 healers, so why take any risks and 2 heal it? There's no right answer here, both are viable strategies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    How do you guys handle the tank stacks? When do you taunt?
    We got him to 2% last night as (with me tanking) and this is how we did it.

Nest 2 - Lower (Tank 1)
    Nest 4 - Upper (Tank 2)
    Nest 8 - Lower (Tank 1)
    Nest 12 - Upper (Tank 2)

So 1 tank always takes lowers and 1 tank always takes uppers.

Tank 1 starts on boss, gets 1 stack
    Tank 2 taunts
    Tank 1 jumps down for guardian
    Tank 1 taunts after stack 3 on Tank 2
    Tank 2 flies to Platform 4
    Tank 2 taunts back after stack 3 on Tank 1
    Tank 1 taunts back after stack 2 on Tank 2
    Tank 2 taunts back after stack 2 on Tank 1
    Tank 1 goes to platform 8
    Tank 1 taunts back after stack 3 on Tank 2
    Taunt on 2 until boss dies, (if you have a 12th nest, just get whichever tank isn't tanking to fly up)

Tank 2 jumps down on first platform to pickup a feather, which will last him the entire fight.
    Last edited by mmoc18646deaeb; 2013-04-15 at 12:17 PM.