Page 1 of 28
... LastLast

Holy Paladin nerfs in PTR patch 5.3

Holy

Mastery: Illuminated Healing now places an absorb shield for 10% of the amount healed, down from 12%.

Tier-14 Holy Paladin 4-piece set bonus now reduces the cooldown of Holy Shock by 1 second, down from 2 seconds.

Buffs/Changes:
    Daybreak is now a stackable effect with a duration of 10 seconds, stacks up to 2 times, and causes the next Holy Shock to also heal other allies within 10 yards of the target for an amount equal to 75%/150% of the original healing done.

Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...otes-april-15/

Im kinda curious how the daybreak change is going to pan out. seems like fun but at the same time its just another thing to babysit.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds appropriate. Nerfing the t14 set bonus will make it less painful to switch to t15 and the 2% nerf to our mastery is fine too. The buff to Daybreak will make the t15 set bonus even more attractive compared to t14 so there will be less headache caused by odd gearing questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently, mastery scaling was reduced from 1.5% per point to 1.25% in addition to the straight 2% decrease.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mastery thing, I'm gonna assume that's the starting point; so I'll go from 31% to 29% mastery, or about a 6.67% nerf (With a smaller nerf the better gear you get).
    Luckily, or rather, still unluckily, for me the t14 nerf won't affect me as I still don't have my 4set, been stuck at 3set for ages.

Now, the daybreak thing sounds fun. At 1 stack it'll be a nerf, not a very significant one, but a nerf non-theless. However, with 2 stacks it might actually even out the mastery nerf, so we'll get the same amount of HPS/absorbs out of it, just with a little more healing rather than absorb. Of course we'll have to watch the stacks, but eh.. That's what Weakauras / Tellmewhen / similar is for I suppose.

Edit;
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayocell View Post
    Apparently, mastery scaling was reduced from 1.5% per point to 1.25% in addition to the straight 2% decrease.
    Okay this sucks. I'll need some math on this, but this might mean that haste will actually be better. Again.
    That is, if it's true. Don't see it in the patch notes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayocell View Post
    Proof? Needed change though to be honest. Paladin mastery was getting out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Okay this sucks. I'll need some math on this, but this might mean that haste will actually be better. Again.
    That is, if it's true. Don't see it in the patch notes.
    Considering all classes regardless of mastery rating start out with 8 mastery "points", and with the nerf these 8 mastery points total 10% in additional shielding, or 1.25% per mastery point, compared to 1.5% we gain for it now

Quote Originally Posted by Treseme View Post
    Proof? Needed change though to be honest. Paladin mastery was getting out of hand.
    I wouldn't say it was getting out of hand, It was expected to be our top heal considering all of our spells benefit from it, I think by the end of the tier in BiS gear you could end on roughly 45% mastery in its current form? (don't quote me on that). But all healers will receive a nerf to some degree over the course of this expansion as scaling starts going a bit mental (hence the nerfs to atonement on disc)
    Last edited by Kyuuseishu; 2013-04-16 at 06:35 AM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ye guess the mastery nerf is justified, I currently have 40.60% in 517 gear, just wish they would make Holy Shock's CD reduced by haste....might make haste bit more attractive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Ye guess the mastery nerf is justified, I currently have 40.60% in 517 gear, just wish they would make Holy Shock's CD reduced by haste....might make haste bit more attractive.
    You would need to make it so that an awful lot of haste reduces the CD... It's not going to be like "3k haste = 1 sec reduced CD" because it's possible, with gemming et al, to hit 15-18k~ haste marks. I don't think that works well at all really. :/

Mhm, this is going to be quite the painful blow.
    It's like they play priests and don't want another class to be at the top with 'm!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    I highly doubt you are reaching 40.60% mastery. Even with Blessing Of Might, it's not even remotely obtainable with an ilvl of 517.

The nerf blows, however I do believe it's somewhat-not really-eh warranted. We aren't dominating not like monk's did in 5.0, but we are fairly strong to the point where there is no point in bringing anything to raid besides a Paladin, monk or priest. It would have been better to buff Shaman, holy priests and Resto Druid instead of nerfing us. I'm hoping we aren't the only healer class to get the nerf bat as Disc priests & monks are just as strong.

Regardless, the nerf is quite bad but they also nerfed our tier 14 4p which will result in almost every holy paladin swapping to current ilvl gear. It'll be nice going from ilvl 517 to 535 ilvls. Additionally, the changes to Holy Shock make our tier 15 2pc not as dog shit so I'll take it over the mastery changes.
    Last edited by Shuttle; 2013-04-16 at 10:10 AM.
    Shuttle of Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    I highly doubt you are reaching 40.60% mastery. Even with Blessing Of Might, it's not even remotely obtainable with an ilvl of 517.

The nerf blows, however I do believe it's somewhat-not really-eh warranted. We aren't dominating not like monk's did in 5.0, but we are fairly strong to the point where there is no point in bringing anything to raid besides a Paladin, monk or priest. It would have been better to buff Shaman, holy priests and Resto Druid instead of nerfing us. I'm hoping we aren't the only healer class to get the nerf bat as Disc priests & monks are just as strong.

Regardless, the nerf is quite bad but they also nerfed our tier 14 4p which will result in almost every holy paladin swapping to current ilvl gear. It'll be nice going from ilvl 517 to 535 ilvls. Additionally, the changes to Holy Shock make our tier 15 2pc not as dog shit so I'll take it over the mastery changes.
    I don't agree with this, every healer actually feels so strong at this point. Yes a resto druid is not as strong as a mw monk, but is still too strong. It is better to nerf classes rather than buffing them at this point.

10+ Year Old Account

With blessing of might at 517 ilvl hitting 40% is not impossible. I get to like 37%+ percent with 516 equipped. And a lot of my pieces have to be reforged for mastery. If I got lucky with drops and had all spirit/mastery gear I am pretty positive I could hit 40%.

Deleted
    Buff 3 classes or nerf 1 aspect of 1 class? It's obvious which is easiest and less intrusive on the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Mhm, this is going to be quite the painful blow.
    It's like they play priests and don't want another class to be at the top with 'm!

Giggled On the Pri forum we say the devs favours Paladins!

I play a Holy Priest and both Disc and Pally will get some well needed nerfs now (Disc get Atonment gutted from 100% to 80% of dmg dealt). The nerfs aren't as big as I expected, so I believe it won't hurt more than mosquito bite.

Mastery is simply too powerful for Pally (as it was for Disc pre nerf in 5.1). Looking at "healing" done it's always IH on top by a fair bit and very low overheal making it even more valuable compared to say Holypri 6s hots mastery wich have usually 50% overheal.

I know for sure they dont play Holy Priest atleast them devs! I highly suspect GC plays Disc though, tweaking about with Disc like every ability was their main ability, but leaving Holypri with many flaws (like not-worth-using Sanctuary, non working Guardian Spirit and Chakras that makes half our toolbox weak.

Nah, you'll be absolutly fine! I promise

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Giggled On the Pri forum we say the devs favours Paladins!

I play a Holy Priest and both Disc and Pally will get some well needed nerfs now (Disc get Atonment gutted from 100% to 80% of dmg dealt). The nerfs aren't as big as I expected, so I believe it won't hurt more than mosquito bite.

Mastery is simply too powerful for Pally (as it was for Disc pre nerf in 5.1). Looking at "healing" done it's always IH on top by a fair bit and very low overheal making it even more valuable compared to say Holypri 6s hots mastery wich have usually 50% overheal.

I know for sure they dont play Holy Priest atleast them devs! I highly suspect GC plays Disc though, tweaking about with Disc like every ability was their main ability, but leaving Holypri with many flaws (like not-worth-using Sanctuary, non working Guardian Spirit and Chakras that makes half our toolbox weak.

Nah, you'll be absolutly fine! I promise
    While I agree with a lot you say in your post, you have the option to at least spec Disc, we Holy paladins have no such option. While I personally saw this Mastery nerf coming from miles away I don't think it's fair for you to come in here and state how bad Holy Priests have it as you have a more than viable other option.

Deleted
    Daybreak is now a stackable effect with a duration of 10 seconds, stacks up to 2 times, and causes the next Holy Shock to also heal other allies within 10 yards of the target for an amount equal to 75%/150% of the original healing done.

But, always divided evenly among all targets ?

Deleted
    The 75%/150% what does it mean specificly? That if we let it stack to 2 one of them will get 75% and the other 150%? Or is it just random?

Also with the 1.5% to 1.25% changes and the 2% nerf to iluminated.. Lets say you had 30% mastery how much less would u get?

Is it time to look at haste builds yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Zarry View Post
    The 75%/150% what does it mean specificly? That if we let it stack to 2 one of them will get 75% and the other 150%? Or is it just random?

Also with the 1.5% to 1.25% changes and the 2% nerf to iluminated.. Lets say you had 30% mastery how much less would u get?

It means that the next holy shock will do 75/150% of the healing done.. so say you holy radiance > holy shock (1 daybreak stack) would heal for 75%, or holy radiance > holy radiance > holy shock (2 stacks of daybreak) would heal for 150%.
    Last edited by Gilthresa; 2013-04-16 at 12:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarry View Post

No because a lot of what made haste good was taken out of the game already (extra ticks from Holy Radiance for example). Mastery will still more likely not come out on top.