Poll: Which faction deserves to kill Garrosh more?

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Why not both? My best guess its a common effort from both the alliance and the horde in the actual raid.
    But the more "deserving" faction is the horde. Our leader, our problem.

It's gonna be Vol'jin. He's getting a book all to himself, he's leading the charge, and there was serious foreshadowing in the troll starter zone.

IF Garrosh dies at all, it'll be delivered by Vol'jin.

honestly no1 cares about Theramore anymore.. it was the least important town or building pretty much in the history of wow. plus its just the alliance. Garrosh has caused more problems since Cataclysm for the horde then the alliance. I feel like a better story would be just having him getting cleansed of corruption at 5% hp or so and then he runs away or goes into exile somewhere.. leaving the horde free for Vol'jin or Lor'themar to lead.

plus the alliance really doesnt deserve anything.. their leaders really havent been built into anything interesting.. theres no character development for Mekkatorque.. nothing interesting happening with Velen or the hippie princess Elune..and that old worgen just sits around next to Varian whining about Gilneas being destroyed.
    Last edited by announced; 2013-04-16 at 07:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theramore quotes from some of you make me weep. And some of you guys wonder how the blue side's gotten so snarky and bitter. :P

Anyways, my money is on Saurfang or Jaina. Though they've tried to curb Jaina's blood lust and vengeance. So probably Saurfang. I DO NOT want Thrall in this. I don't care for Vol'jin taking the glory but I do not want to see Thrall anywhere in the final act of Garrosh's end.

For those that argue that Jaina is insane I recommend reading about PTSD or other anxiety disorders first to try to grasp why.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Does anyone even care about Theramore? (Besides Jaina and her crazy Windrunner galpal)
    Like most children and their toys, they didn't care until it was taken away.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

15+ Year Old Account
    Most of the time they don't give the kill to either faction. The big bads are always slain by some neutral character(s) + a group of faceless "adventurers". In this case however I think they can't go that route, because none of the characters involved are faction-neutral, so I think we'll share the kill somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Like most children and their toys, they didn't care until it was taken away.
    So I guess the Alliance can just raze every horde city except Org and you'd be cool with that.
    Last edited by Lemons; 2013-04-16 at 08:32 AM.

I think it's going to be a combined, cross-faction effort. Vol'jin is political enough to understand that the Alliance have suffered under Garrosh as well, and Jaina in particular will want to get her licks in. Blizzard won't want to turn Jaina into a murderer, though. So she'll beat Garrosh within an inch of his life (with the player's help, of course), and then have the traditional Alliance "change of heart". Vol'jin will then finish the job, just like he promised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Most of the time they don't give the kill to either faction. The big bads are always slain by some neutral character(s) + a group of faceless "adventurers". In this case however I think they can't go that route, because none of the characters involved are faction-neutral, so I think we'll share the kill somehow.
    Lich King (Tirion Fordring), Deathwing (Thrall) and Illidan (Maive Shadowsong) was NOT killed by neutrals, and since they were ALL end-boss of their respective expansions why should it be any different for Garrosh.. Yes, they got help from "a group of heros", but still killed by a NPC which is far from neutral, lore-wise..

Also, Onyxia (Varian Wrynn) wasn't killed by a neutral either, but she was far from an end-boss, but this was AFAIK a solo kill.
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-04-16 at 08:45 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    If Varian doesnt pierce his black orcish heart with Shalamayne I will be very disappointed.

Deleted
    I'm still holding firm to the idea that we won't kill him, but if we do, Vol'jin or Saurfang, simply because it brings things full circle.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-04-16 at 09:29 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Lich King (Tirion Fordring), Deathwing (Thrall) and Illidan (Maive Shadowsong) was NOT killed by neutrals, and since they were ALL end-boss of their respective expansions why should it be any different for Garrosh.. Yes, they got help from "a group of heros", but still killed by a NPC which is far from neutral, lore-wise..
    Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that Tirion Fordring isn't neutral because he's human? Being of a certain race does not automatically align a character with a certain faction. The Defias Brotherhood are all human, are they part of the Alliance?

10+ Year Old Account

So I guess the Alliance can just raze every horde city except Org and you'd be cool with that.
    What are you trying to compare here? Theramore to every horde city but Org? Is this a joke?
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh has all but DESTROYED what the Horde was really about, he destroyed the unity we had and has killed its people. So I would pick the Horde over the Alliance.

HOWEVER, I personally believe that the final battle should have Garrosh and Varian end their fight with Varian winning. From there if Varian left the fate of Garrosh up to the leaders of the Horde and Thrall that would be a near perfect ending for me. It would end their rivalry with Varian winning and since Varian has greatly matured as a character and was the one who originally and consistently butted heads with Garrosh it makes sense for him to do it more than the other leaders (the battles they had in the novels is why I say this).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Garrosh wiped out a human kingdom with the Warcraft-equivalent of a nuclear bomb. Sure it's your problem.
    It was their own problem for setting up camp their in the first place. Alliance should never of followed the horde from the Eastern Kingdom.

The horde (mainly undead) should be the one to kill him so we can raise him up again and rebuild him. Horde needs strong warriors like him for when the alliance return.

For the alliance to take him it would give off the image that the horde is dead "Alliance storm Org and take their throne"

Then again, horde could always let the alliance in and get a 2 for 1 kill.

TL;DR horde.

Deleted
    Not the horde.. and not the alliance...

TROLLS BE FLIPPIN OUT MON!

Deleted
    Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that Tirion Fordring isn't neutral because he's human? Being of a certain race does not automatically align a character with a certain faction. The Defias Brotherhood are all human, are they part of the Alliance?
    Tirion Fordring was the governor of Hearthglen and a renowned paladin within the Alliance of Lordaeron. He was expelled because he helped Eitrigg. So yes, in my eyes Fordring is still, albeit loosely, affiliated to the Alliance. You can't throw your past, your history and your ancestry out of the window and proclaim complete and utter neutrality.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    HOWEVER, I personally believe that the final battle should have Garrosh and Varian end their fight with Varian winning. From there if Varian left the fate of Garrosh up to the leaders of the Horde and Thrall that would be a near perfect ending for me.
    That would be laughable. The Horde rebuilding itself by the grace and mercy of the King of Stormwind? Thank God you're not writing this story. People need to think beyond the past and the siege of Orgrimmar. If the Alliance gets the complete credit of killing Garrosh and liberating the Horde, there is no continuity to the World of Warcraft, absolutely zero. The Horde then lost everything it stood for, was rescued by their mortal enemy. The only thing left for it to do is disband. You've got an alliance of races steeped in honour, and you want to take that away from them? There would be nothing left of the Horde, nothing, but a shell of its former values.
    There is only 1 option they can follow, and that is a cooperative assault on Garrosh, Alliance and Horde temporarily combined against a far greater evil (like they did against Arthas, like they will do against the Burning Legion), but it will have to end with the Horde electing a new Warchief and asserting their will by giving the Alliance the chance to retreat from the Horde their capital city, before resuming their war. The Alliance will be glad to have removed Garrosh, who committed numerous atrocities against them, and the Horde will be glad to have removed Garrosh and not be completely subject to the mercy of the combined might of the Alliance (which is what all these Alliance goons here are suggesting).

Remember, it's the World of Warcraft, not the World of Versaille, or the World of Genève.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-04-16 at 10:22 AM.

Deleted
    With the way this expansion goes I am betting its going to be Jaina.

We started with Theramore bombing and Tides of war book for her, 5.1 she boots the Sunreavers out and in 5.2 she takes the Thunder king's powers into her staff for later use.

I have no doubt this expansion is Jaina's story, she is the one character that has been present through it all at every step.

Ye i dont think there'll be a "killing blow" at the end since he'll be so much more powerful becasue he consumed a lot of sha power etc, there'll probably be a combined attack to finish him off (like they did on Deathwing, ritual and shit)

Both factions deserve it, which is exactly the problem with this story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Does anyone even care about Theramore? (Besides Jaina and her crazy Windrunner galpal)
    No i see Theramore has a military port the Alliance used to gain access to the Barrens. As such it was then considered a non neutral town if its helping your enemies attack your lands.