Poll: Which faction deserves to kill Garrosh more?

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    The Alliance has a longer history with him. Even in Wrath he was antagonizing us, though he hadn't done anything himself yet besides talk. Then comes Cata. Where he invades Ashenvale, intending to drive out the night elves. (More than once if the in game invasion and Wolfheart are supposed to be two distinct invasions.) He's mana bombed Theramore, tried to launch an assault on Stormwind (derailed by Vashj'ir) sent the Forsaken into Gilneas and tried to to take Darkshore through the Shatterspear Trolls.
    How do we have a longer history with him? For us, he was a random NPC in Garadar which we only saw if we accidentally AFK'd while autoflying on our netherdrake.
    For the Horde, he was THE SON OF GROM ZOMG.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    How do we have a longer history with him? For us, he was a random NPC in Garadar which we only saw if we accidentally AFK'd while autoflying on our netherdrake.
    For the Horde, he was THE SON OF GROM ZOMG.
    I believe Florena meant that the Alliance has a longer history of conflict with Garrosh. Since Wrath Garrosh has been killing Alliance every chance he gets, and the Alliance deserves retribution for all those acts. He's only been in conflict with the Horde since MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    im going to laugh if taran zhu or chen get the killing blow
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Illidan Stormrage
    Shit just got real.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance. They're the guys who have been attacked and had to bear the destruction wrought by the Horde and Garrosh. I don't know how the Horde could "deserve" the kill more than Alliance.
    The Alliance have by far in a way been the bigger victims in this conflict.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kindomroll View Post
    huh?
    and some expansions doesn't end with alliance faces whimpering by?
    and didn't the alliance go to vol'jin for his help?
    Garrosh has effected both the horde and alliance, but if he is experimenting with his own race to raise a tougher army don't you think the orcs retaliation would be much worse?
    Alliance went to Vol'jin since they can use him and the Horde needed to be used too.
    And Garrosh affected the Alliance more. Why? Because the Horde originally accepted him as a warchief, the Alliance did not. So the Horde got what they deserved since they accepted him, the Alliance was always against him, even since Wrath if you remember. On the Horde side who was against Garrosh when he started his campaign against the Alliance? Cairne, and he was killed. Anyone else? no. So the entire Horde supported him while he was bringing them victories, they only turned against him once he felt they are no longer needed. Kind of like "oh, you don't want us in your world domination, well then we're bringing you down". I find the notion to be hypocritical, and this is why the Horde does not deserve the kill.

Without bringing any game mechanics or balancing between horde and alliance into account (i.e I'm purely going for a lore perspective here), I think the horde deserve it more. Garrosh is incredibly racist to those that are meant to be his own people, he has killed horde members purely because they give their own opinion. He has used his own people who initially trusted him as cannon fodder. He's pretty much taken the horde's trust and smashed it into the ground. The true horde shouldn't have to stand for that, he has tried to obliterate what it means to be horde, and the true horde will show that they aren't going to bow to a tyrant.
    Raaaa!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    honestly no1 cares about Theramore anymore.. it was the least important town or building pretty much in the history of wow. plus its just the alliance. Garrosh has caused more problems since Cataclysm for the horde then the alliance. I feel like a better story would be just having him getting cleansed of corruption at 5% hp or so and then he runs away or goes into exile somewhere.. leaving the horde free for Vol'jin or Lor'themar to lead.

plus the alliance really doesnt deserve anything.. their leaders really havent been built into anything interesting.. theres no character development for Mekkatorque.. nothing interesting happening with Velen or the hippie princess Elune..and that old worgen just sits around next to Varian whining about Gilneas being destroyed.
    Which is why they deserve this!

Theramore was actually in lore an Alliance capital. And I still see Hordies whining about Taurajo, and that was 3 huts! Garrosh did more problems for the Alliance then the Horde. Why? Because the Horde supported him until he turned against him, so they contributed to his current doings with resources and manpower. And having him corrupted and cleansed would be a horrible story, it would be a cliche and just saying "oh, but he was just corrupted lol".

And the Alliance deserves it especially because their leaders weren't given shit. We were given shit, while your leaders got all (bar Sylvannas and Gallywix, which haven't appeared yet) while ours only Varian got something and it's still not for the greater conflict.

Garrosh will absorb all sha energies (reaching his Final Form™ - Garro'sha) and will be too powerfull to be defeated by Varian or Vol'jin..
    So those two, in the last attempt will perfomr Fusion-Ha becoming Var'jin.. or Vol'ian... not sure..
    This will pretty much fuse horde and alliance players together, so that next xpack there will be no 2 factions, just "Horde Alliance of Awesumness"..

Of course Var'jin.. Vol'ian will kick the living shit out of Garro'sha, who will then devour Saurfang, Eitrigg, this Reliquary-gay-Blood Elf that stands in Grommash Hold reaching his Final Final Form™.. At this point Thrall will step in, with his hair glowing yellow, all crackling with lightning and will just face puch Garrosh into another dimension, after which he will give his final blessing to Var'jin.. Vol'ian.. and ascends to heaven while angelic voices sing his name "Ooohh Thrall, the Greatest, The savior of everything", birds will flock around his feet, and Alexstrasza together with Sylvanas will sit naked on an angelic cloud by his side..

Aggra will switch job to become a soccer commentator.. "AAAnd he gets the ball, he runs, he kicks.. aaaand GGGGOOOOOOEEELLLL!!"..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

I think that the Horde deserves the kill. If there is one that is. Garrosh may as well survive this entire ordeal, to redeem himself somehow, or become a leathal enemy, bringing some taste of the old Horde back.

Both factions deserve the kill. They have both suffered greatly by his actions. But the Horde rising up against him is something more personal, than the pragmatic opposition of the Alliance, that are there just to stop a great destruction fro occuring. So it makes for better drama. Just think of Saurfang taking him on when he is near his end, and delivering that prophesised last blow. Awesomeness! (of course the writers will have to ruin it by exposition, where Saurfang will have to explain exactly why it is so dramatic that he is to strike the last blow instead of letting the story unfold on its own but "oh well")

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Alliance deserves it. Why? Simple, because otherwise this expansion will end as another Horde centric one. It would be shown that the Horde rebels were strong enough to fight against both the full might of the united Alliance and the superweapons of Garrosh and his goons, which would make the Alliance look like total wimps. So, for there to be any chance of Alliance redeem, the Alliance needs to get the kill as they deserve it.
    So what? Let the Horde have this. The Alliance is bound to be the protagonists of the next expansion if it is about the Burning legion, as well as the final confrontation with them. Turalyon is somewhere out there fighting against the Legion, and he is a member of the Alliance. Arguably its greatest paladin. Not to mention that the Legion up to now has had conflicts mostly with humans, night elves, and draenei. So it is only deserving of them to take the spotlight.

So let them have Garrosh. The Alliance will get their turn when the war rages against Kil'jaeden.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Lich King (Tirion Fordring), Deathwing (Thrall) and Illidan (Maive Shadowsong) was NOT killed by neutrals, and since they were ALL end-boss of their respective expansions why should it be any different for Garrosh.. Yes, they got help from "a group of heros", but still killed by a NPC which is far from neutral, lore-wise..

Also, Onyxia (Varian Wrynn) wasn't killed by a neutral either, but she was far from an end-boss, but this was AFAIK a solo kill.
    Tirion was neutral, he had been kicked from the Alliance for helping an orc a long time ago.
    The other two were not, I agree.

---------- Post added 2013-04-16 at 02:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    Tirion Fordring was the governor of Hearthglen and a renowned paladin within the Alliance of Lordaeron. He was expelled because he helped Eitrigg. So yes, in my eyes Fordring is still, albeit loosely, affiliated to the Alliance. You can't throw your past, your history and your ancestry out of the window and proclaim complete and utter neutrality.
    I see, fair enough. So why did the Horde destroy the world in Cataclysm? I mean, Deathwing was on the Horde side in WC2, such ties can't be broken, right? But he's a dragon anyway, let's ignore him... hey, what's with the Blackrock orcs? Your Horde buddies, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post
    So what? Let the Horde have this. The Alliance is bound to be the protagonists of the next expansion if it is about the Burning legion, as well as the final confrontation with them. Turalyon is somewhere out there fighting against the Legion, and he is a member of the Alliance. Arguably its greatest paladin. Not to mention that the Legion up to now has had conflicts mostly with humans, night elves, and draenei. So it is only deserving of them to take the spotlight.

So let them have Garrosh. The Alliance will get their turn when the war rages against Kil'jaeden.
    Just like The Burning Crusade!
    Oh wait....

You can't just slap Turalyon and the Draenei onto it and tell me it will be Alliance focussed. We have no idea what the execution of these characters and races will be in the next expansion. We don't know if they'll be neutral or even how involved they will be.

Also nobody should be aiming for X Faction centric expansion trading. It's not fun and doesn't work as it implies one faction will receive better content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post

What if they make Turalyon neutral? And before you say that is impossible, Khadgar was made neutral and he was a staunch supporter against the Horde. What's the difference? And next expansion hordies will say "but oh, we orcs suffered the most from the Legion, we should get the kill!" "but forsaken are as such because of the Legion, we suffered more!" "but blood elves lost 90% of their people because of the Legion, we need to win this!".

Horde, definitely. For being made to look like something they're not and for nearly completely ruining what they stand for.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Tirion was neutral, he had been kicked from the Alliance for helping an orc a long time ago.
    The other two were not, I agree.
    When Maiev killed Illidan she was not part of Night Elves anymore - she was kicked kicked out from NE forces in Warcraft 3 TFT by Furion Stormrage for going nuts over catching Illidan, which nearly killed Tyrande. What's more Maiev never was (at this point) part of Alliance. She was using everyone she could to help her in catching Illidan, laying to Malfurion, leaving Tyrande behind etc..
    Also a big part of Illidan demise was in Akama's hands.

Deathwing was killed by Dragon Aspects with help from Thrall who resigned from being part of the Horde..

All those were in fact killed by neutral heroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes, they never get to do anything awesome

Sig by the amazing Shyama! <Ascension 16/16 H 25man oceanic>

What I HOPE will happen is that both sides team up against Garrosh, we down him, leading us into a very weak/uneasy truce like thing. This will let us focus on the main antagonists in next expansion.
    Raaaa!

As far as storytelling goes it should be a Horde kill. I'm hoping for more than a simple Vol'jin finish though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance deserve the kill more.

I think Horde doing it would be better for the story.

I suspect the final blow will come from Vol'jin, Varian or Jaina, with an outside chance of Wrathion, as a neutral party who is interested in the future of the Horde.

Deleted
    I can see Jaina wanting it a bit too much, and turning upon hordes rebels in the middle of the orgrimmar, but as far as story goes, it's pretty much nailed on being Vol'Jin.