Hey all,

Need a macro for my hunter. I need a macro that is able to determine what pet I have and cast that pet's special ability. Ex.:

Shale Spider: Use Web Wrap
    Spirit Beast: Use spirit mend
    Spider: Use Web
    Monkey: use bad manner
    Crane: Use lullaby

thanks!

hello im looking for a macro. this is what im currently using
    #showtooltip Healing Touch
    /cast [mod:alt,@Siõn,exists][mod:shift,@Trrooper,exists][@Fleasplease,exists][]Healing Touch
    i want to add the ctrl mod so i can heal the dks pet, buuut idk how to set it up since it doesnt have the same name
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Hey all,

Need a macro for my hunter. I need a macro that is able to determine what pet I have and cast that pet's special ability. Ex.:

Shale Spider: Use Web Wrap
    Spirit Beast: Use spirit mend
    Spider: Use Web
    Monkey: use bad manner
    Crane: Use lullaby

thanks!
    Follow a format like this to add more stuff:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [pet:Shale Spider]Web Wrap;[pet:Spirit Beast]Spirit Mend;[pet:Spider]Web;[pet:Monkey]Bad Manner;[pet:Crane]Lullaby

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Follow a format like this to add more stuff:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [pet:Shale Spider]Web Wrap;[pet:Spirit Beast]Spirit Mend;[pet:Spider]Web;[pet:Monkey]Bad Manner;[pet:Crane]Lullaby
    Been out of the game for a while. Is there no "Command Pet" "Spell" similar to warlocks?

Nah as warlocks have like 5 demons and hunters have like 50 pet families, they haven't gotten around to that just yet lol.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Hello

im trying to get this work for a long time now but no luck.

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt] Summon Infernal(Guardian); [mod:shift] Summon Doomguard(Guardian); Mortal Coil; Shadowfury

what i need is :

Mod alt summon infernal
    Mod shift summon Doomg
    nomod Cast Mortal coil or Shadowfury if any of those 2 talents are chosen with the refresh tooltip.

with the current state of this macro Shadowfury will not be refreshed but mortal coil will.

thnx

Deleted
    As i don´t know anything pretty much about macros i thought i´d ask here.

I would like a macro that when clicked casts the worgen racial (two forms thing) and then mount up. But i´d like it so that if i press shift it doesnt cast the racial and just mounts up.

Would that be possible?

Thanks in advance for any help. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Megingjord View Post
    As i don´t know anything pretty much about macros i thought i´d ask here.

I would like a macro that when clicked casts the worgen racial (two forms thing) and then mount up. But i´d like it so that if i press shift it doesnt cast the racial and just mounts up.

Would that be possible?

Thanks in advance for any help. =)

I don't have a Worgen to test with, but here's the syntax. Just put your spell names in the placeholders.

Code:
    /use [nomod]WORGENRACIALSPELLHERE
    /use [flyable,nomounted]FLYINGMOUNTNAMEHERE
    /use [swimming,nomounted]SWIMMINGMOUNTHERE
    /use [noflying,nomounted]LANDMOUNTHERE

Deleted
    #showtooltip kidney shot
    /cast [stealth] Premeditation
    /cast [stealth] Cheap Shot; Kidney Shot
    Currently using this to place both my stuns on the same bind as a rogue, is there any way to make it use cheap shot instead of kidney if during dance and spend the combo points on damage instead?

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Currently using this to place both my stuns on the same bind as a rogue, is there any way to make it use cheap shot instead of kidney if during dance and spend the combo points on damage instead?
    I'm not sure how all rogue spells work, would you want to use Premeditation in Shadow Dance as well, or only if in normal stealth? If you want it in Shadow Dance, just change that line to the same as Cheap Shot.
    Code:
    #showtooltip Kidney Shot
    /use [stealth] Premeditation
    /use [form:1/3] Cheap Shot; Kidney Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Lock View Post
    Hello

im trying to get this work for a long time now but no luck.

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt] Summon Infernal(Guardian); [mod:shift] Summon Doomguard(Guardian); Mortal Coil; Shadowfury

what i need is :

Mod alt summon infernal
    Mod shift summon Doomg
    nomod Cast Mortal coil or Shadowfury if any of those 2 talents are chosen with the refresh tooltip.

with the current state of this macro Shadowfury will not be refreshed but mortal coil will.

thnx
    Try it this way:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:alt]Summon Infernal
    /use [mod:shift]Summon Doomguard
    /use [nomod]Mortal Coil
    /use [nomod]Shadowfury

That should work the way you want but I'm not sure if it will show the Shadowfury icon and tooltip when mouse-overed.

I'm not sure, but I believe the key to this method working is getting rid of the semi-colon that would be after a spell you don't have; in this case Mortal Coil not existing and having a semi-colon after it causes the macro to stop.
    Last edited by CodeConqueror; 2013-04-13 at 04:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking for macro for my frag belt. Instead of using use 6, is there macro like click action button 1 for the frag belt. So instead of having to click where to throw the bomb it throws the bomb where im targeting at?

Deleted
    Macros cannot interact with the 3D world. Thus: no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello! Been browsing around for a good while, both here and searches on Google.

Back in wotlk I had a macro that cast heroism, and posted "Heroism is up!", but it posted it ONLY if heroism was'nt up, and not on cooldown. Meaning that regardless how many times I pushed it, it only posted the message once.

At the end of heroism (using the "/in 40") it posted a new message saying heroism is ended. I'v come to understand that the "/in" no longer exist, but that I can use a addon instead for that(not important).

Question is, does anyone know how to make the macro stop if the buff is up/spell is not ready? In the heat of the moment, it is easy to press the button 2 or 3 times, and the spam is just sillyx2(start and end). I know that RSA can do this, but I want the macro to do it.

Posting my old macro from wotlk below.

#showtooltip Heroism
    /run if GetSpellCooldown("Heroism")==0 then SendChatMessage("Heroism is up!","RAID")end
    /cast Heroism
    /in 39 /raid Feel free to replace this shaman. Heroism is over.
    /in 40 /em has left the raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeConqueror View Post
    That should work the way you want but I'm not sure if it will show the Shadowfury icon and tooltip when mouse-overed.

I'm not sure, but I believe the key to this method working is getting rid of the semi-colon that would be after a spell you don't have; in this case Mortal Coil not existing and having a semi-colon after it causes the macro to stop.
    It doesn't show , cos it's Mortal coil above , if i swap them then Mortal coil will not be shown and Fury will.
    Ive tested the macro u made before and still nothing has changed.

this talent swap macro is nightmare to get it

It doesn't show , cos it's Mortal coil above , if i swap them then Mortal coil will not be shown and Fury will.

I just tried the macro and it works just as described, but the icon doesn't update when the talent you don't have is listed first.

Alt + {key}: Summons Infernal
    Shift + {key}: Summons Doomguard
    {key}: Casts Mortal Coil OR Shadowfury depending on which one you have in your spec. Is that not what you are experiencing with my version?

Code:
    #show
    /use [mod:alt]Summon Infernal
    /use [mod:shift]Summon Doomguard
    /use [nomod]Mortal Coil
    /use [nomod]Shadowfury

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 07:09 PM ----------

There's an addon to do this for you. I tried out a work around using a script command to manually set the macro's spell which worked at updating the icon but prevented showing the doomguard/infernal icons as well as needing to be executed once at login/spec change (as the add-on author notes).

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ntMacroes.html
    I haven't tried it myself but it seems like what you'd want.
    Last edited by CodeConqueror; 2013-04-15 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    There are @partypet1..4 targetters, iirc.
    could you be a little more specific, been messing around with this and i cant get it to work at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeConqueror View Post
    There's an addon to do this for you. I tried out a work around using a script command to manually set the macro's spell which worked at updating the icon but prevented showing the doomguard/infernal icons as well as needing to be executed once at login/spec change (as the add-on author notes).

I haven't tried it myself but it seems like what you'd want.
    Hey m8

Thanx for taking a look into this, i tried the addon u suggested and another similar to it. It does work when it comes to Refreshing the proper tooltip when it comes to Talent swaping but when i enter my modifiers it stops refreshing tooltip when either ctrl or alt are pressed ( doomguard and infernal will not be shown ) but the ability will be casted successfully Shadowfury-Mortal coil , doomguard , infernal. SO just the modifiers are somehow blocking it to show the modified actions.

Hey m8

Thanx for taking a look into this, i tried the addon u suggested and another similar to it. It does work when it comes to Refreshing the proper tooltip when it comes to Talent swaping but when i enter my modifiers it stops refreshing tooltip when either ctrl or alt are pressed ( doomguard and infernal will not be shown ) but the ability will be casted successfully Shadowfury-Mortal coil , doomguard , infernal. SO just the modifiers are somehow blocking it to show the modified actions.
    I guess you'll have to split this into 2 buttons. I don't think modifiers work on '/run' or '/script' commands nor do I think it could be done in less than 255 characters so it's a definite no go.

Deleted
    Yea like i said , ive been trying to get this very long time sorted ;/