Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hearthstone Beta

So, with the beta for Hearthstone, to sign up for it, do I just set the beta prefrence to yes for the game on the battle.net site and is that it? Or is there more to it to sign up to it?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

That is it, make sure you system specs are in there as well if you haven't signed up for any other betas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all set for the system specs, anyway thanks for the reply
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    ill like so much try it but i dont think here in italy we can try it

How will we be notified if we are to participate in the beta?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairon View Post
    How will we be notified if we are to participate in the beta?
    I imagine it will be like any beta that blizzard have done. If you signed up for the beta you will get a email that you where picked to participate, then you can enter your battle net account and download the game.

The beta is first out this summer, so if you are checking your email every day from now on you will be disappointed. If you check the forums once in while you will surely notice when they announce the first beta invites are going out, since all the posts will be about nothing but that for several weeks before and after that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aduiall View Post
    ill like so much try it but i dont think here in italy we can try it
    You will get your shot if/when the beta comes to Europe. When that will be is the big question though. You're not alone though, lots of europeans want this beta just as much. Like me.

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 05:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    If you check the forums once in while you will surely notice when they announce the first beta invites are going out, since all the posts will be about nothing but that for several weeks before and after that point.
    Yeah, I'll be sure to have a big Beta - discussion thread going on these forums, with plenty of up dated information. The frontpage of MMO-C will most likely also have information when beta invites are going out, or have gone out.

10+ Year Old Account
    When does the beta Launches? Or it has already started?
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

They aim at summer this year. Time will tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    any idea if Australian's will be on a different beta test? I rly want that Hearthsteed mount
    That is, if it is the gift for playing Beta.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    I imagine it will be like any beta that blizzard have done. If you signed up for the beta you will get a email that you where picked to participate, then you can enter your battle net account and download the game.

The beta is first out this summer, so if you are checking your email every day from now on you will be disappointed. If you check the forums once in while you will surely notice when they announce the first beta invites are going out, since all the posts will be about nothing but that for several weeks before and after that point.
    An email? Hmm I didn't get an email for MoP...I had to keep checking my battle.net for it to appear in it. Was quite annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    An email? Hmm I didn't get an email for MoP...I had to keep checking my battle.net for it to appear in it. Was quite annoying.
    Yeah I don't think they reliably did emails for the Cata beta either. I vaguely recall either getting an email for only one of my accounts, or else it was something weird like I got the email announcing beta like months after I had been playing it. I definitely didn't get one for SCII (either the expac or the original) or Diablo3, although I was in all of them.

I think we can't really count on beta emails anymore since they stopped doing beta invite codes and swapped to just flagging your battle.net account as available to participate. I'm sure this is in part to cut down phishing scams, although it does mean it's annoying to have to keep checking your account. Also it sucks that you can't share extra codes anymore with friends; in the past I was always already in when I got my invite, so I was able to forward it to a friend to play with.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Yeah I don't think they reliably did emails for the Cata beta either. I vaguely recall either getting an email for only one of my accounts, or else it was something weird like I got the email announcing beta like months after I had been playing it. I definitely didn't get one for SCII (either the expac or the original) or Diablo3, although I was in all of them.

I think we can't really count on beta emails anymore since they stopped doing beta invite codes and swapped to just flagging your battle.net account as available to participate. I'm sure this is in part to cut down phishing scams, although it does mean it's annoying to have to keep checking your account. Also it sucks that you can't share extra codes anymore with friends; in the past I was always already in when I got my invite, so I was able to forward it to a friend to play with.
    I went through my old emails and I definitely did get an email about the closed beta for D3 and TBC, nothing for MoP but that was the AP open beta so not quite the same thing. Just my 2c.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    It's a shame there is no way to stop paying and no longer play the game if you are unhappy with it. the fact that Blizzard are FORCING us to pay for this game even if we don't enjoy it is the worse part.

I think they email you to tell you your account has been given access to the beta and to log onto your battle net to participate. They don't email beta codes or ask for login info in the email.

Deleted
    any idea when the open beta will start? so excited

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aishi85 View Post
    any idea when the open beta will start? so excited
    Read 7-8 comments above. I asked same question -_-

Deleted
    Maybe they will have hearthstone matches at blizzcon

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Beta wont start til after blizzcon for sure. As to when it will start NOBODY KNOWS STOP FKN ASKING! Like seriously.

Every time Blizzard puts out a game every other post on these forums is WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA? WHEN IS THE BETA?

Just stop FFS. Nobody knows. Nobody will know until there is a blue post. When there is a blue post it will be on the MMO-Champ front page.
    We do know. It starts in summer(soon™), not after Blizzcon.

Deleted
    Yep just sign up via the bnet page