Cyrodiil better be as big as their making it out to be. I'm a big WPvPer(I actually do nothing but wpvp in WoW) and since the zones are faction locked(fire the idiot who came up with that) I will now do all my WPvP in Cyrodiil. So....it better have PLENTY of room.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2013-04-17 at 02:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Tamriel better be as big as their making it out to be. I'm a big WPvPer(I actually do nothing but wpvp in WoW) and since the zones are faction locked(fire the idiot who came up with that) I will now do all my WPvP in Tamriel. So....it better have PLENTY of room.
    Do you mean Cyrodiil?

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Do you mean Cyrodiil?
    Yes, I'm an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Basically a (dungeon) zone where all groups entering share the monsters. Unlike instances, a new dungeon is not created just for your group.

To this day, they are still present in some MMORPG games like Runes of Magic, Darkfall and Dark Age of Camelot.
    oh I see, that's weird. I'm not used to that concept, the only MMO's I've played are WoW and GW2 and in GW2 I only played PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    oh I see, that's weird. I'm not used to that concept, the only MMO's I've played are WoW and GW2 and in GW2 I only played PVP.
    There are some other mmos that have open world dungeons as well. I know Aion has a few. GW2 has something similar in their mini dungeons, not quite the scope of them but it works pretty similarly.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    There are some other mmos that have open world dungeons as well. I know Aion has a few. GW2 has something similar in their mini dungeons, not quite the scope of them but it works pretty similarly.
    I understand.

The model TESO is following is considered shared dungeon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I understand.

The model TESO is following is considered shared dungeon?
    ESO is doing both Open/Closed dungeons. The open dungeons will be found in Cyrodiil. The closed dungeons will be found in the faction locked zones.

So basically, yes, the open dungeons will be shared between everyone that is in Cyrodiil. You will share the same mobs as the other two factions and your own in there.

I mention this game a lot, but Ragnarok had shared dungeons (as long as your guild owned a castle (please don't ask me to explain that)). It wasn't bad; you ended up vying for specific bosses/monsters/mobs with the other guilds.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    So I saw the leaked beta footage yesterday which was released on youtube/vimeo/other random websites (which have probably been removed by Zenimax now)

Well what can I say... It looks absolutely abysmal :|

Now I know rabid fanboys will jump on me for being negative about this, but honestly, can you really say ANYTHING looked good about that gameplay? It looks like a game that should be played for free in a web browser. The animations were horrible, the textures were all muddy, voice acting was bland, combat made me want to euthanize myself, UI was really bad. Pair all this up with the news that exploration is limited by faction/race and the ridiculous amount of phasing/instancing this game will possess, sounds kinda depressing doesn't it?

Now I know beta is beta, but that's such a generic cop out argument for games that are destined to be crappy from the get go. People argued that the problems plaguing SWTOR would be ironed out in beta, and we all know how that turned out...
    Last edited by mmoc3784f78918; 2013-04-17 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    the textures were all muddy
    Who cares about textures? MMOs are to be played on office computers with 2 GB RAM.

The problem lies not in animations or textures, it is the world is uninspired. The bland, boring boardwalks, beach, ships... The exact clone of WoW UI... I just didn't feel the urge to play that myself or see more of it.

P.S. I had a feeling that some onscreen text was written in [font name="System"]the system font[/font]. I hope I was wrong.

People are entitled to their opinions. But I see a lot of overly dramatic over-reactions going on. The game isn't as bad as some people are making it out to be. That was a crappy video by some guy trying to paint ESO in a bad light. I'm not going to say ESO is perfect or anything crazy like that. I'm just saying I expect the finished product to be better than what was seen in the video. Complaining about the voice actors is silly when they are still using placeholders for it.

I'm of the opinion that people like to complain about anything and will jump on a bandwagon without actually doing some thinking for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanag View Post
    The open dungeons will be found in Cyrodiil.
    PVP servers will be .... phun? rofl just imagine the trashtalking lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    So I saw the leaked beta footage yesterday which was released on youtube/vimeo/other random websites (which have probably been removed by Zenimax now)

Well what can I say... It looks absolutely abysmal :|

Now I know rabid fanboys will jump on me for being negative about this, but honestly, can you really say ANYTHING looked good about that gameplay? It looks like a game that should be played for free in a web browser. The animations were horrible, the textures were all muddy, voice acting was bland, combat made me want to youthanize myself, UI was really bad. Pair all this up with the news that exploration is limited by faction/race and the ridiculous amount of phasing/instancing this game will possess, sounds kinda depressing doesn't it?

Now I know beta is beta, but that's such a generic cop out argument for games that are destined to be crappy from the get go. People argued that the problems plaguing SWTOR would be ironed out in beta, and we all know how that turned out...
    Muddy textures are the elder scrolls "thing". HD textures aren't in the game yet, you are looking at it on the lowest settings. With antialiasing off so all the edges are N64 style too. If you put elder scrolls on the lowest graphics settings it looks similar to the lowest settings of TESO. Until we know what the game looks like on Ultra we can't complain about graphics.

Much of the voice acting was stand ins, and the video skipped almost all of the voice acting.

The combat is elder scrolls style, if it had different combat it wouldn't be the elder scrolls.. The player was awful and didn't know how to use block. No one who knows how to block is going to be back peddling like that.

Many of the animations were place holders which have been replaced since that old build you saw.

The UI is exactly as it is in Elder scrolls, if you were expecting something else then that's your own fault.

Also, you can explore all zones on a single character. Z1 = 1-50. Z2=50+. Z3=50++
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    PVP servers will be .... phun?
    Apparently the only server available will be a PvP one.

The guy who made that vid was obviously trying to make it look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Apparently the only server available will be a PvP one.
    Hmm, then I would say the game will be a rogue's paradise, BUT seeing as sneaking won't make you transparent to other players, I say it will be a reroll FOTM fest. It will be like classic WOW = Shamans Online, World of Roguecraft, The Burning Armswarri, Wrath of the Retardin, etc, etc, you know the drill...

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    Hmm, then I would say the game will be a rogue's paradise, BUT seeing as sneaking won't make you transparent to other players, I say it will be a reroll FOTM fest. It will be like classic WOW = Shamans Online, World of Roguecraft, The Burning Armswarri, Wrath of the Retardin, etc, etc, you know the drill...
    However, only one zone will be open world pvp.

i do wonder how sneak will work. In the single player games with high enough sneak you could be in LOS of a mob but they wont see you unless they run into you or your right in front of them. Maybe it will just tag the mob as friendly and make it look like a normal player walking around until they get close enough to detect?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    i do wonder how sneak will work. In the single player games with high enough sneak you could be in LOS of a mob but they wont see you unless they run into you or your right in front of them. Maybe it will just tag the mob as friendly and make it look like a normal player walking around until they get close enough to detect?
    They say it will work exactly like it does in the TES games.

I think AoC's "sneak" is a good approximation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    IIRC, it works exactly like the game series, but to your allies you have a 'shroud' covering you to indicate that you are stealthed.
    In PvP, you appear completely invisible to your enemies apart from casting your shadow, so if you stick to dark areas you will be impossible to spot except using a detect life spell, or being looked directly at close enough to break stealth.