Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Edit: deleted - better maths in the next page.
    Last edited by wimp; 2013-04-18 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theherecy View Post
    I can confirm it does refresh at 5 stacks, though don't treat this trinket as a static 8k haste; it usually sticks around 2 stacks. With that said, during bloodlust this trinket seems to proc more (not sure why as it shouldn't be affected by additional haste) and the dps explodes.

It's a very good trinket all round though; alleviates complexities of gameplay whilst providing good burst occasionally.
    RPPM scales with "True Haste" which includes lust, troll racial and a few other sources. In general if it gives you energy regen its true haste.

Quote Originally Posted by fierydemise View Post
    RPPM scales with "True Haste" which includes lust, troll racial and a few other sources. In general if it gives you energy regen its true haste.
    Thanks for the clarification, although I think blizzard and I have differing opinions of "true" haste.

Your 5 stack uptime percentage feels a little low, are you taking into consideration the fact it can refresh itself at 5 stacks?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I'm pretty sure it's because you can't just do what I tried to do with uptimes. You could multiply the probabilities (assuming independency, which should be fine)... But the more I think about it, the dodgier it seems (uptimes are related to probabilities, but not sure that relation extends as far as I've pushed it!)

Edit: but to actually answer your question, yes, i do take into account the 5th stack can refresh itself - I think the issue is with the method itself though.
    Last edited by wimp; 2013-04-17 at 11:03 AM.

It's not too far off simulated results, if that's any boon to you, still trying to free up some time to give this a proper look.

EDIT: This is going to take longer than I thought.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2013-04-17 at 11:38 AM.
    I am the lucid dream

Edit: deleted. Better maths on the next page.
    Last edited by wimp; 2013-04-18 at 04:44 PM.

Deleted
    I have currently LFR talisman of bloodlust and double upgraded normal bottle. According to EJ's list i should use talisman , according to the other list i should go with bottle. Shadowcraft agrees with the latter.

Armory is Cerylia on Twilight's hammer EU if it helps.

Who should i trust?
    Last edited by mmocfc0084563d; 2013-04-17 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wimp View Post
    Playing around with my model: bad luck protection won't apply to the stack refreshing cases (since a stack can only be refreshed within 10 seconds, which is less than the time for bad luck protection to kick in). Taking this refinement into account, I get:

1 stack 25.68%
    2 stacks 13.08%
    3 stacks 6.78%
    4 stacks 3.58%
    5 stacks 4.38%

Uptime 53.50%
    Average stacks 1.55

Average uptime remains the same (of course), but the average stack size drops slightly to 1.55. If this holds true (or if the average stack size is around that number), it would put Talisman below most other trinkets (522 would be just below doubly upgraded bottle, in my gear).
    I'm still working mathematical solution to this problem, what kind of haste are you considering with this list so I may compare results?

Quote Originally Posted by nekroth View Post
    I have currently LFR talisman of bloodlust and double upgraded normal bottle. According to EJ's list i should use talisman , according to the other list i should go with bottle.

Which is the correct one ?
    What's your haste level and what are stat weights?
    I am the lucid dream

Quick question, what are BiS trinkets for assassination rogue for 5.2?

Deleted
    Haste is 3607 and stat weight on Shadowcraft is 0.977. Not at home so cant simcraft it.

I also have 502 Bad juju but i assumed talisman is better
    Last edited by mmocfc0084563d; 2013-04-17 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Quick question, what are BiS trinkets for assassination rogue for 5.2?
    Well, this thread is actually made to determin them.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

so Rune of origination? still sucks?

Quote Originally Posted by nekroth View Post
    Haste is 3607 and stat weight on Shadowcraft is 0.977. Not at home so cant simcraft it.

I also have 502 Bad juju but i assumed talisman is better
    I meant more what's your raid buffed haste (prefer a %) and how do you value agility, mastery, haste and crit.

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 03:25 PM ----------

Oh, updated my trinket list btw with the latest stat weights from simcraft and upped the haste to 25%.

Also looking for lots of logs, longer ones are better, of anyone using Talisman of Bloodlust.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2013-04-17 at 02:35 PM.
    I am the lucid dream

I've been using 23% haste (which gives me a 53.46% average uptime on talisman).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Also looking for lots of logs, longer ones are better, of anyone using Talisman of Bloodlust.
    Been using it for the past 2-3 weeks. You know where to find me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    so Rune of origination? still sucks?
    Yes; this was being discussed in detail back around page 7; if you're interested for combat, I recommend running it for yourself (artificially set non-haste secondaries to 0, add double their value to haste, sim, compare to normal DPS, divide by uptime), but I have doubts of its value as it supports averaging stats, which combat isn't really well known for. Temporary large secondary stats are much better set for other classes.

Ryme - I'll PM you some logs for a couple of rogues with ToB when I can. Also - RPPM abilities don't consider the 10% melee haste, do they? Just haste from gear, and temporary haste buffs (lust, etc.); or am I wrong?

Deleted
    I meant more what's your raid buffed haste (prefer a %) and how do you value agility, mastery, haste and crit.
    Haste is 19,22% . Not sure what u mean with 2nd question. I reforge mastery>haste>crit

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    Also - RPPM abilities don't consider the 10% melee haste, do they? Just haste from gear, and temporary haste buffs (lust, etc.); or am I wrong?
    You've got it right.

EDIT

Nevermind, I thought he said heroic upgraded bottle, not normal.
    Last edited by whathump; 2013-04-17 at 06:29 PM.