Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Diablo 3 End Game - Ok, so what is this?

So I played through the story on normal once when it came out - with a demon hunter.

I was like 'dat was cool' but then didn't really get an urge to play it again.

Just visited this forum out of curiosity to see how the game was doing and noticed there were people with literally hundreds of hours invested in the game.. I mean what do you do? What do you gain? Am I just ignorant?

Any information would be greatly apprecaited, thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Farm for gear to farm for even better gear basically.

Also RMAH.

Deleted
    What anyone does in a Hack & Slash, kill monsters and receive better items.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    End game? The fuck haha there's no end game here hell there wasn't really much in D2 either here in D3 It's spamming act 3 til the end of time well until the patch anyway and you really really don't wanna know my hours I invested in this game before I well threw the game away somewhere anyway as I said the diablo genre is pretty much find the best items in the game and level to cap that's it that's the entire purpose mainly the best gear part in the game.

If you don't have the urge to play repetitive games like this then obviously It's not for you like It's a farming game over and over meaning you're doing the same shit every hour every god dam day which well obviously I didn't mind.

Diablo has always been a never ending farm game. You farm gear to progress to higher and higher difficulties. What do you gain? Dont know really, I guess if your a fan of bigger numbers on your gear or doing more damage you can gain that. If your a fan of treasure hunting then theres alot of that going on. But if you want to cut your experience short and blow through everything faster than a person could in previous diablo games then buy stuff off the AH and ruin your experience like 99% of the players did.

Deleted
    Have they put PvP in?

Kill monsters to get Better items, to kill monsters faster to get better items, to kill monsters faster to get better items, to kill monsters faster to get better items, to kill monsters faster to get better items, to kill monsters faster to get better items, to kill monsters faster to get better items, to kill monsters faster to get better items, to kill monsters faster to get better items, to kill monsters faster to get better items, to kill monsters faster to get better items, to kill monsters faster to get better items, to kill monsters faster to get better items.

Yeah.. I think that sums it up well.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Have they put PvP in?
    only duels
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Simply put the D3 Endgame is the point when you dont want to even log in ever again.

Basically, its your attention span.

Blizzard is having a bitch with that boss, cant figure out how to nerf it without raping the AH economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    The end game simply is not there unless you like farming and selling stuff on the Auction House.

While they have done some decent changes since launch to improve this, the problem is that there will be no long lasting end game until the expansion, simply because they did not design it as more than an item hunting game. Though, they pretty much missed the mark there as well, since the items simply are not interesting or even good enough to help customize your character to a great extent, simply because the RNG of all the stats makes it not worth trying to find them, and it is even more likely to find items that other classes would have more use of than the one you're actually playing.

That problem, however, will be dealt with in a coming patch after 1.0.8 (likely it's going to be in 1.0.9). Will go back and play the game once the item changes are live, since then I will have a good reason to play my darn class without having to resort to searching the AH and farming gold all day to buy the items there.

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 02:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Have they put PvP in?
    At least not what they actually were going to implement before the game launched (which they also said would have been a part of the release, which never happened). Plus, they still have not announced anything to replace Arenas, so don't count on any actual PvP system any time soon.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2013-04-17 at 02:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys really are not selling it to me! But thanks for your replies.

Regardless I may log in and see whats going on but the thought a 100 hours + grinding doesn't sound ideal!
    Last edited by Recurrence; 2013-04-17 at 02:32 PM.

Endgame? That's a MMORPG term. It doesn't apply to campaign hack'n'slash games. Super Mario 64 or Collin McRae Rally don't have an "endgame" either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recurrence View Post
    You guys really are not selling it to me! But thanks for your replies regardless.

Regardless I may log in and see whats going on but the thought a 100 hours + grinding doesn't sound ideal!
    Well, the game has been disappointing a lot of people, even including some who really liked the game when it launched (like me). It's a bit hard getting excited when you simply are not feeling like it, I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2013-04-17 at 02:33 PM.

Deleted
    End Game in Diablo 3 is: pressing Alt+F4, then the game ends.

The end game is such trash because you're either forced to farm forever for randomized gear that might never drop or grinding an insane amount of gold to get your perfect item on the AH. Sadly, the best end-game will probably be the PS3 version where the items will actually be of better quality and they won't have the AH ruining everything.

They need to remove the AH altogether and de-randomize the loot by about 75%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madderdin View Post
    End Game in Diablo 3 is: pressing Alt+F4, then the game ends.
    Funny...not

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    They need to remove the AH altogether and de-randomize the loot by about 75%.
    As much as I agree with you, it can't happen, at least the AH part. It's too ingrained into the game now. Imagine getting rid of the AH in WoW...
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    As much as I agree with you, it can't happen, at least the AH part. It's too ingrained into the game now. Imagine getting rid of the AH in WoW...
    As someone who stopped using the AH in 4.3 i can say its not required for play.

Simple - it has always been an item farming game. Anyone posting butthurt comments to the contrary or complaining about this may have opinions, but they aren't useful ones.

If you like farming items, in progressively harder stages, you may like it, Otherwise, move along.

Deleted
    End game is getting the very best stats on every roll on every piece of gear in the game - in short, it's not possible. It's an infinite cycle of farming either for gear or for gold, so you can upgrade a fraction to keep farming to upgrade... you see how it goes. I don't know what you were expecting, but that's exactly what this type of game always will be. You're just trying to be as powerful as possible, rawr.