Quote Originally Posted by Tlalocan View Post
    IIRC, it works exactly like the game series, but to your allies you have a 'shroud' covering you to indicate that you are stealthed.
    In PvP, you appear completely invisible to your enemies apart from casting your shadow, so if you stick to dark areas you will be impossible to spot except using a detect life spell, or being looked directly at close enough to break stealth.
    "Stealth" constantly drains stamina so it's not like TES or wow, it's a combo/hybrid that will keep stealth toons from being weak or op with no chance of ever being balanced. It's in a good place.

I don't get the leaked footage and why everyone is riled up and condemning it, the beta settings are around 25% of what the max settings were at PAX (normal for an early beta) and in the video you can see that his settings aren't even as good as they could be so they're at 15-20% of what PAX gave us. "Muddy" textures is moron for low-res i guess, and if you saw any high res PAX vids (or went) you know the textures appear to be 1024x1024, which is what Bethesda's Hi-res texture pack for skyrim were. For comparison, wow uses 128x128 textures, so expect the resolution to be 5-10x better when it's said and done. It is very well optimized for 1024 textures already, far better than skyrim ever was.

I wish you needed a high school diploma to give your opinion on shit, the internet breeds stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Even at it's most extreme classic World of Warcraft was a remarkably faster, easier and less obtuse MMO than Everquest 1, FF11 or Anarchy Online. There is like one MMO I can recall moving at the speed of WoW; Asheron's Call.

I don't particularly like WoW, personally. But Blizzard did design one hell of an accessible game in it's time.

Also plenty of games kept a steep death penalty post-WoW and remained/found success(ful). Since MMOs rarely die, many are still running and current. Even receiving expansions as of this year.

There is nothing a developer can't do in game design by some cosmic edict. No divine bovines in gaming.
    Interesting and true post :P
    About classes 5 Class is small number IMHO.
    More classes = More fun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    More classes = More fun
    *4 Classes. But the class is somewhat irrelevant, its for the most part just a template and does not restrict your playstyle as much as it would in other mmo's.
    Last edited by mmoc3f9c23ccd2; 2013-04-17 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I mention this game a lot, but Ragnarok had shared dungeons (as long as your guild owned a castle (please don't ask me to explain that)). It wasn't bad; you ended up vying for specific bosses/monsters/mobs with the other guilds.
    What is a castle?

Please explain.

just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    More classes = More fun
    You'll learn one day how and why more isn't better. You should already have learned how classes in TESO are going to work, no excuse for that other than laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by manipulation View Post
    You'll learn one day how and why more isn't better. You should already have learned how classes in TESO are going to work, no excuse for that other than laziness.
    oh no, more classes are always better, who wasn't happy when DK's were introduced in WoW for example?

oh boy

>the numbers are only OP because it's beta they said
    >they'll never go live with so much self-healing and damage they said

the horror.

What will TESO have? About 6780 different builds or so? Builds that will be different and almost like it's own class? The number is taken out of my ass and is overly exaggerated, but I want to prove a point that 4 classes in TESO doesn't have to mean there will be no diversity or no uniqueness. If people would look away from the classes that we have grown so accustomed to in MMO's, maybe they could see that TESO isn't really "class-based" as much as it is "build/weapon-based".

The leaked video was probably shot in 360p. Just because you can see his resolution being 1080p doesn't mean the video is, my bet it's low settings, no AA, no multisampling, no shadows or anything activated in that beta build and shot in 360p, which makes it look extremely bad. Don't worry so much about the graphics, worry more about content as that seems to be the weak point in newer MMO's and the main reason so many of them fail or go F2P. By content I mean everything from the leveling to easter eggs and raids. The whole package. Judging the game by it's graphics based on a poor video that the poster made just to spread hate is a bit rushed imo. If he wanted to present the game properly he would have recorded it in 1080p first of all and he wouldn't run around like a scrub playing so bad that it looks like your character cannot kill anything. Like seriously, let go...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    oh no, more classes are always better, who wasn't happy when DK's were introduced in WoW for example?
    I cannot tell if you're being sarcastic or not. But I was there and I remember it being near enough 50-50 on my world class raiding server and on the forums about whether DK's were appropriate for WoW.... Note that "excitement" was not necessarily about favorable opinion. You have to remember that WoW also already had failing classes previously and at the time, like the Shaman. There were certainly a lot of skeptical and some unhappy people!

Besides, manipulation's general point was that having more classes just for the sake of it does not necessarily make sense in the context of the rest of the class system design. This is especially the case for something like ESO where they hinted you can even pick up new skills from the world that others may not or unlikely to ever get...

Other factors in general in MMO class design can include many issues like how much of a focus of PvE vs PvP or the type of PvP available or whether the classes incorporate the Holy Trinity or whether there it is a targetting vs action combat system or if there is an additional complex attribute system etc. All these have a large impact on number and diversity of classes.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-04-17 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    I cannot tell if you're being sarcastic or not. But I was there and I remember it being near enough 50-50 on my world class raiding server and on the forums about whether DK's were appropriate for WoW.... Note that "excitement" was not necessarily about favorable opinion. You have to remember that WoW also already had failing classes previously and at the time, like the Shaman. There were certainly a lot of skeptical and some unhappy people!

Besides, manipulation's general point was that having more classes just for the sake of it does not necessarily make sense in the context of the rest of the class system design. This is especially the case for something like ESO where they hinted you can even pick up new skills from the world that others may not or unlikely to ever get...

Other factors in general in MMO class design can include many issues like how much of a focus of PvE vs PvP or the type of PvP available or whether the classes incorporate the Holy Trinity or whether there it is a targetting vs action combat system or if there is an additional complex attribute system etc. All these have a large impact on number and diversity of classes.
    I was just making a joke actually...

I really hope they take their time with TESO. I had high hopes for swtor and although I enjoyed the beta the live launch was something to be desired. I hope abilities are limited making encounters with others truly epic and unique. Basically Skyrim Multiplayer; it shouldn't be hard but easier said then done I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvdatboi View Post
    I really hope they take their time with TESO. I had high hopes for swtor and although I enjoyed the beta the live launch was something to be desired. I hope abilities are limited making encounters with others truly epic and unique. Basically Skyrim Multiplayer; it shouldn't be hard but easier said then done I guess.
    Luckily, EA isn't going to be there to push it out 6 months early.

Bethesda isn't going to kill one of the biggest franchises with a rushed release.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Luckily, EA isn't going to be there to push it out 6 months early.

Bethesda isn't going to kill one of the biggest franchises with a rushed release.
    I don't think Bethseda has anything to say about when it will be released.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    I don't think Bethseda has anything to say about when it will be released.
    I don't think that they would hand over that much control over to their IP to a developer when they are the ones producing it.
    They probably have the right to say when it launches, or at all for that matter.

Look at what happened with petroglyph and trion. Petroglyph was making the entire game, Trion didn't like the quality of end of nations a few months before launch, so Trion just took end of nations away from Petroglyph and sent them packing.

I don't think that they would hand over that much control over to their IP to a developer when they are the ones producing it.
    They probably have the right to say when it launches, or at all for that matter.

Look at what happened with petroglyph and trion. Petroglyph was making the entire game, Trion didn't like the quality of end of nations a few months before launch, so Trion just took end of nations away from Petroglyph and sent them packing.
    Isn't this basically what Bethesda did with the Fallout MMO? The company making it went way over time, so they had to reign it back from them. I can't remember the exact details, all I know is that someone went "Oi, sort it out" and they didn't release something terrible for an IP with such weight behind it.

Does anyone know if there is any other game that has used TESO's system of ''one big server'' (sorry, lacking a better word here) instead of multiple realms?

I'm afraid this may not be so good, specially at launch >_<
    but then again, I've no actual knowledge on how it works...

There is no news on more beta invites? Or anything like that? ?

Deleted
    Does anyone know if there is any other game that has used TESO's system of ''one big server'' (sorry, lacking a better word here) instead of multiple realms?

I'm afraid this may not be so good, specially at launch >_<
    but then again, I've no actual knowledge on how it works...
    It's not one big server, as such. When you set up your account you can choose to answer some questions about your age, interests and play style and the system will put you on a 'server' with other like minded people. It will prioritise putting you with your guild and friends list though. Sounds ok in theory but who knows how it will turn out in practice.

It's not one big server, as such. When you set up your account you can choose to answer some questions about your age, interests and play style and the system will put you on a 'server' with other like minded people. It will prioritise putting you with your guild and friends list though. Sounds ok in theory but who knows how it will turn out in practice.
    Oh lordy.

They should just do what firefall does.
    It looks like one server, but it has many many many shards. You go to your shard when you log on and can join any of your friends shards by joining their group and hitting "join leader"

Well, now that's odd, I thought it was just one massive server and that there would be some sort of crazy phasing or... whatever

Oh lordy.

They should just do what firefall does.
    It looks like one server, but it has many many many shards. You go to your shard when you log on and can join any of your friends shards by joining their group and hitting "join leader"
    This sounds confusing as fuck in my head, I don't think I get it...

This sounds confusing as fuck in my head, I don't think I get it...
    It acts like it's one giant server...
    But it's not.