Page 1 of 52
... LastLast
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Have MSNBC become too liberal !

To be honest i hate MSNBC

Why............they align themselves with people from the left even thought they say * were the center * and that they won't admitted, Even thought they came under question with scandal and lies and now this new one with the hiring of the DNC Video Production Director Anne Thompson..........

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbc-hir...olitical-show/

And that why i question them on how you say * were on the center * but to me your leaning to the left !

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but that's what their audience wants. MSDNC and Fux News have to out crazy each other in order to get ratings.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

MSNBC's always been very liberal, at least for as long as I remember. Of the three major news networks, I've always preferred CNN because it's the *least* biased. (It's still biased toward the liberal side, but not so much that it's a major issue). Fox is hugely biased to the right, MSNBC is hugely biased to the left. *shrug*.

MSNBC doesn't claim to be 'center'. They admit their 'left' wing biased. (US left, globally they are still pretty right wing).

Why do you care what a news station does? They aren't aligned with a side. They are aligned with money and their money comes from people opposed to Fox News. http://www.projectcensored.org/top-s...n-legally-lie/ Regardless of who the case was brought against it states that the news can lie about anything it wants.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here my point * the 2 major liberal *

Rachel Maddow = Before getting hired at MSNBC she was hire at * Air America a Liberal Radio *
    Chris Hayse = Before getting hired at MSNBC he work for * The Nation a Liberal Magazine *

I gotta say, while MSNBC is clearly liberal comparing them to Fox is pretty silly. Fox will flat out make shit up.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well CNN was the first News Talk Platform them follow Fox News and MSNBC

CNN Founded 1980
    MSNBC Founded 1996
    Fox News Founded 1996

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I gotta say, while MSNBC is clearly liberal comparing them to Fox is pretty silly. Fox will flat out make shit up.
    http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/01/29/emoti...d-by-gun-nuts/ Guess this wasn't made up either?

MSNBC's parent isn't above making shit up either... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1401167.html

It's okay Wells, we know you dont want to be honest about the facts, but that doesn't change them.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    They both make a lot of shit up (Wiretapping claims, Racism claims, and Gun rally mix up come to mind) , and MSNBC even has more opinion that actual news compared to Fox.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffberc...hannel-by-far/
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Politicus View Post
    I don't think it matters to be honest, at least there is a major news station that is the antithesis of Fox News. (Just so we can have both biases being covered )

And really, if you're complaining about MSNBC being too liberal, then why not complain about Fox News being too conservative?

Since it would be better if there was no bias.
    As long as folks have freedom of speech to voice there opinions there will always be bias, Objective unbiased journalism died many years ago... When you know a journalist's position then frankly they are not 100% credible any longer. For more nearly 50 years, (1937-1981) Walter Cronkite reported the news from around the world and from behind the anchor desk at CBS... and never once did he interject his position on the news... he reported the news honestly and objectively... it wasn't until AFTER he left the anchor chair did any of us ever find out what his politics were... I might not agree with his politics, but to me he will always remain the most respected, honourable, truthful and unbiased journalists of the television age.

…And that's the way it is

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    They both make a lot of shit up (Wiretapping claims, Racism claims, and Gun rally mix up come to mind) , and MSNBC even has more opinion that actual news compared to Fox.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffberc...hannel-by-far/
    Yey, if you search for cases where Fox News directly lied to their audience you'd be baffled by how much you can find.

MSNBC isn't great and they're biased but they usually don't make stuff up as they go even if they always give a more biased or opinionated perspective. Still, fuck Morning Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Yey, if you search for cases where Fox News directly lied to their audience you'd be baffled by how much you can find.

MSNBC isn't great and they're biased but they usually don't make stuff up as they go even if they always give a more biased or opinionated perspective. Still, fuck Morning Joe.
    One of them actually sued to protect their right to lie.

I'll give you a hint, it wasn't MSNBC.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Msnbc was caught editing the Trayvon Martin Incident and Newton gun incident and totally distorting what was actually happening. They're both equally bad and anyone who tries to defend either is wasting their time
    Last edited by mikeakanice; 2013-04-18 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeakanice View Post
    Msnbc was caught editing the Trayvon Martin Incident and Newton gun incident. They're both equally bad.
    Editing makes them equal? Heh...not even close.

Watch out everyone, MSNBC has moved from merely being somewhat liberal to too liberal!

MSNBC and Fox are news networks designed for target audiences. I've seen people worry that they lead to people believing incorrect things, but that's coming at it backward - people don't get misinformed because of Fox/MSNBC, they desire to be misinformed, so they choose those networks.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Editing makes them equal? Heh...not even close.
    Well. With the Trayvon Martin case msnbc decided to edit the Zimmerman call to make it sound like he was profiling Trayvon Martin because he was black. Totally turning an already volatile racially sensitive case into something much worse. Making it seem like Zimmerman was a racist. With the Newton case, msnbc edited the tape to sound like gun right owners were heckling a grieving father giving a speech when they weren't. They totally distorted the truth. So, yes, they are both equally bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/01/29/emoti...d-by-gun-nuts/ Guess this wasn't made up either?

MSNBC's parent isn't above making shit up either... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1401167.html

It's okay Wells, we know you dont want to be honest about the facts, but that doesn't change them.
    You seem to have something against Wells, is it perhaps all those times he's fact checked you as completely and utterly wrong?

For every story MSNBC makes up, Fox news makes up 10 things.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    MSNBC doesn't claim to be 'center'. They admit their 'left' wing biased. (US left, globally they are still pretty right wing).
    lol this.

Liberals in the states are most other countries right wing.

Fox and MSNBC are more like editorials than news stations imo. But that's what their audience wants.