View Poll Results: Which class is most likely to appear in WoW?

Voters
254. This poll is closed
  • Demon Hunter

96 37.80%
  • Tinker

86 33.86%
  • Neither (explain)

72 28.35%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Tinker would bring in so much more. Only one class uses ranged weapons right now, unless Tinkers are added. They have a completely unique theme to them that don't overlap with existing classes like how Demon Hunter overlaps with warlock/rogue.

WTF is a tinker? I have seen the term floating around lately like it is just as well known as Demon Hunter. Did some guy just make it up 3 months ago or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    WTF is a tinker? I have seen the term floating around lately like it is just as well known as Demon Hunter. Did some guy just make it up 3 months ago or something?
    Nope, was around way back in WC3 (the dawn of time!).

http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutr...intinker.shtml

Would definitely be a lot of fun, I just think the demon hunter would be more likely.

I don't think either of those would logically come next. The gnomes were never a major race that did anything and demon hunters are just scarce and unnecessary, everyone on Azeroth already hunt demons when the time is right.

Well it's not just Gnomes or Goblins.

If they add Ethereals as a playable race, they'd fit right in with Tinker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinkers....lol who care's about gnomes and goblins. Everybody wants Warcraft-style Deamon Hunters

10+ Year Old Account
    none , most of it is already in game spread among different classes or as proffesion ^^

What does a demon hunter bring that a warlock, a hunter or a rogue can't?

That said, I find tinker more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    What does a demon hunter bring that a warlock, a hunter or a rogue can't?

That said, I find tinker more interesting.
    What does a tinker bring that an engineer can't?

10+ Year Old Account
    There has been a demand for Demon Hunters for years so i can see them coming at some point. WAY before "Tinkers"
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Apples and oranges.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think Tinker could make for a really cool core class, while Demon Hunter would make for a great hero class.

Demon Hunter has a major edge over any other class in that it's extremely popular and has been frequently requested since Classic. They'd also fit perfectly with a demon-themed expansion. The down side is that warlocks have already been given most of their unique flavor, so it would be a little bit difficult to distinctly seperate the two.

Tinker (or Steam Warrior) has been around for a while as a concept, though hasn't been nearly as popular a topic of discussion. It's biggest benefit is that they could really go all out and design a wide variety of abilities and DPS/Healing/Tanking specs without it feeling like its overlapping with any other class abilities.

Tinker could be really cool, especially if they included a lot of unique racial flavor with the dwarves, undead, blood elves, draenei, gnomes, and goblins each got unique constructs / steam armor, for example.

Personally, I'd rather have two "neutral" (at the start) playable races than say.. Demon Hunters. WTB Ethereals so bayyyd.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

God I want tinkerer's :P They could fill that Agi/int mail slot, and use guns and crossbows (like, shoulder mounted )

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    There has been a demand for Demon Hunters for years so i can see them coming at some point. WAY before "Tinkers"
    I remember when someone said the next class would be demon hunter because of popular demand and how it would help fill out the leather users more.

Then monk came. Which had no real story precedence either as much demand as demon hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    No way will either be added. Warlocks already have the spot that DH would occupy and tinker is way too close to engineer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Neither.

It feels like all the iconic demon hunter things are taken by other classes as others have said. Tinkers just don't seem like a full class, it really just feels like engineering.

Personally I'd rather Rangers. Petless hunters that use a different mechanic. Could even have ranger for alliance, dark ranger for horde (identical abilities, just different names sorta thing). This is more of what I want rather than what I think will occur.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the farmers market with my "so called girl-friend"
    Honestly, I'd be surprised if Demon Hunters don't make it into WoW, one way or another. Weather they would have to change things for other classes to make them fit is debatable and could cause some issues, but I can see at some point down the road, the class making it into the game. However I voted for Tinker because not knowing much about the class (out side its basic description) it sounds like an awesome class and I would totally play it.

Also

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    Q: What's Black, White and Asian all at the same time?
    A: Pandas. Easing racial tensions since 1999.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    Personally, I'd rather have two "neutral" (at the start) playable races than say.. Demon Hunters. WTB Ethereals so bayyyd.
    Pretty sure there is very little design overlap when it comes to classes and quests, with the exception of hero classes having their own starting zones and questlines.

As much as I'd enjoy more races, they add so much less to the game in gameplay terms than a new class does. If it's one or the other, I'd opt for new classes.

Ideally, they could do both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Um, active and passive abilities that aren't attached to trinkets and gear.

For example, you're never going to get Pocket Factory or Healing Spray in the Engineering profession.