Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    ok but see you are over exaggerating again right now

you should stop that
    So logical explanations just sail over your head and your only defense is to claim something is being 'over exaggerated'. Just so we're on the same page here. Or else you just don't know what embellishment is? I'm honestly confused which issue you have.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    So logical explanations just sail over your head and your only defense is to claim something is being 'over exaggerated'. Just so we're on the same page here. Or else you just don't know what embellishment is? I'm honestly confused which issue you have.
    I really don't care enough to argue about something as stupid as this. I'm sure you'd go on all day about it so lets just leave it at that

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    I know a few game i quote aren't from EA, but that's because i don't care about the publisher, i only look at the game and its intrinsic merit.
    And that's fair enough, sadly you are indirectly a part of the problem, although in a very small sense if you generally buy games on discount and what not. And I never said you where abused, I didn't use the word you on purpose...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    I really don't care enough to argue about something as stupid as this. I'm sure you'd go on all day about it so lets just leave it at that
    Ok, you got your irrelevant jabs in and you are now free to walk away! Thank you for your contribution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    I didn't use the word you on purpose...
    Yes...very specific group of people you are talking about, though sadly dead on with the metaphor.
    BAD WOLF

And that's fair enough, sadly you are indirectly a part of the problem, although in a very small sense if you generally buy games on discount and what not. And I never said you where abused, I didn't use the word you on purpose...
    He is not part of any problem. If you like a product and have no problems with the producer of said product you can buy it. If you continually buy products and complain about each one and its all from the same producer then you are a part of a problem. I've bought EA games because I generally wanted those games. That is ME series, Battlefield 3 and SWTOR I enjoyed all 3 later dropped SWTOR as I prefer wow over it.

I will not buy Sim City as I can't justify buying it. After the ME3 ending fiasco I will wait for reviews of the next ME game before buying as I no longer pre-order games (I might make an exception for the next half life infact I fucking know I will)

People who continually buy products and complain about them are a problem though. If I buy something its not up to standard I will simply not buy from that company again until their products match that high criteria I would expect. That is the only thing they understand money. Stop buying their games if you dislike what they are doing. If you enjoy those games then buy away.

Judging from the statement. They released. It's possible people heard in their video games is male on male, or woman on woman romance. People who belong to certain Political groups were telling them to vote them worst company in America for that very reason. I don't think thats the sole cause. I think DRM has some to do with it. I was there when they banned that guy on Bioware Forums for saying "EA is the devil" that ban stopped him from signing in his game and playing it.

I doubt they're the worst company. Gamers sometimes have a very..outspoken point of view when they dislike something about a game, like it to be known vocally. That could be the case here.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i never pre order, i wait for review. I know that within a publisher, quality may vary drastically. This is true for every publisher. I really don't mind to wait for a game. I bought skyrim 1 year after it's release. By then, most of the game breaking bugs were fixed, and the mod community was big enough to really find anything you wanted.

I'm all for slapping company in the face when they give us halfed ass product. reversely, i'm all for rewarding a company when they make a genuily good game. That's why i only buy game i know i will like (from the review), my way of telling them please make more of this kinda game.

If i am part of the problem, what can you say when activision release a new CoD with the same engine and no gameplay innovation every year and earn 400 millions in 24 hours (http://bgr.com/2011/11/11/call-of-du...n-in-24-hours/). they don't even wait for review, they buy it day one, they pre order it. If the formula is making several hundreds of millions on day one, why would any company change it. Don't you think those people a telling activision "please don't change anything?"

This remind me michael bay movie. Last in mind is transformers 3. Nobody liked it, but everybody saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    He is not part of any problem.
    Actually he is, you even mention it your self.

People who continually buy products and complain about them are a problem though. If I buy something its not up to standard I will simply not buy from that company again until their products match that high criteria I would expect. That is the only thing they understand money. Stop buying their games if you dislike what they are doing. If you enjoy those games then buy away.
    Way to many buy EA games even though they got shafted on the quality of the last few EA games they bought, same as there is way to many that hate EA's methods of nickel and diming through cash shops, day one DLS and so on while they keep not only buying their game but pre-ordering them.

So while he him self might not be unhappy he's still a part of the overall problem of funding EA so they can go on with more day one DLC's, more focus on cash shops, more rushed games with little to no substance and so on until one day where he to gets the short end of the stick.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Way to many buy EA games even though they got shafted on the quality of the last few EA games they bought, same as there is way to many that hate EA's methods of nickel and diming through cash shops, day one DLS and so on while they keep not only buying their game but pre-ordering them.

So while he him self might not be unhappy he's still a part of the overall problem of funding EA so they can go on with more day one DLC's, more focus on cash shops, more rushed games with little to no substance and so on until one day where he to gets the short end of the stick.
    i think i start to understand.

here is the thing, i don't hate EA. I realise you kinda do, but i don't. Within EA, there is game i genuily like, i'm sorry i don't fel like you about EA, but i guess i'm free to have my own taste. i'm funding EA (and other publisher) on the title i like, happily so, cause i want them to make more.

Everybody does, some people like FPS, some like RTS, some LIKE puzzle-plateformer. Everyone has their own taste, there is no wrong or right taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's even more ironic is how everyone states that magical solution like it's some next gen snake oil. "Just don't buy it then", like that's going to somehow stop what is occuring. Sure, it's going to hurt EA's bottom line, but you can't control large swathes of people.

Most people know that smoking cigarettes will kill you, but that doesn't prevent many people from buying packs every day. As much as people want to claim they are different situations, they really aren't. If we can't even convince people to not do things that will literally kill them, how are people going to take effort on their own to not buy similarly chemically addictive video games from a bad company?

Telling people to shut up and just not buy a product is not a vaild solution...thus why things like this poll, backlash metacritic reviews, etc exist in the first place.
    BAD WOLF

No you misunderstand, If he has no problems with the company he is not part of the "problem" If you like the product and have no issues with the company keep on buying. As he says above having no issues with the company or product he will support it.

I have some issues with EA but I like some of their products. So i'm on a fine line and I will only buy a product once i've got solid reviews to give me a way to judge if I should spend my money.

Only companies I will throw money at are blizzard and valve. Because the games I buy from them (LFD half life, starcraft wow etc) are among my best games.

Everyone has their own taste, there is no wrong or right taste.
    Never said they can't have that, you're reading in to it way to much on a personal level. And yes I do have a hatred for the business practices of EA, and to be fair I'm quite sure a majority of gamers do, yet loads of them go out and keep funding them. With this funding they can acquire more franchises to exploit to have more people complain about how EA ruined their franchise, and again people still buy their products.

Look at as comparable with child labor, almost everyone in the western world condemns it, yet a majority of them would buy those really cheap products the children makes...

No you misunderstand, If he has no problems with the company he is not part of the "problem" If you like the product and have no issues with the company keep on buying. As he says above having no issues with the company or product he will support it.
    Can he be sure that he's funding never affects the games he likes, lets say they buy he's favorite franchise and decide to piss all over it for example...

I have some issues with EA but I like some of their products. So i'm on a fine line and I will only buy a product once i've got solid reviews to give me a way to judge if I should spend my money.
    Hence you are a part of the problem and lost any and all rights to complain if EA ever does something bad that do end up affecting you.

Only companies I will throw money at are blizzard and valve. Because the games I buy from them (LFD half life, starcraft wow etc) are among my best games.
    Which is equally bad to be honest, throwing money at some one just because they been good to you in the past is just bad practice, pre-orders and various pre-order bonuses are some of the worst things that happened to gaming in the past few years, it promotes lazy development and bad games.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2013-04-18 at 03:08 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    do you believe EA or any company analyses where this "funding" come from.

If a game is very popular, sells tons, seems that it was well received by the consumer base, thus they might think they did something right, so will continue in that direction.
    If a game sells badly, that company will have to make a change, they can't continue investing in a model that is not popular.

So in the end, the consumer vote with their wallet.

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 05:20 PM ----------

Hence you are a part of the problem and lost any and all rights to complain if EA ever does something bad that do end up affecting you.
    i don't agree with this statement.

Say you vote for your president (if you live in such country), you might globally agree with its political view but disagree on some point.
    It is your right (i'm no american, but i believe it's the first amendment) to voice your disagreement with said points.

So in the end, the consumer vote with their wallet.
    And here I was thinking we concluded that in general they actually don't, they buy the product and then proceed to moan about their game/franchise getting destroyed.

Which is why I'm saying that people who buy their products are a part of the problem.

Never said they can't have that, you're reading in to it way to much on a personal level. And yes I do have a hatred for the business practices of EA, and to be fair I'm quite sure a majority of gamers do, yet loads of them go out and keep funding them. With this funding they can acquire more franchises to exploit to have more people complain about how EA ruined their franchise, and again people still buy their products.

Look at as comparable with child labor, almost everyone in the western world condemns it, yet a majority of them would buy those really cheap products the children makes...

Can he be sure that he's funding never affects the games he likes, lets say they buy he's favorite franchise and decide to piss all over it for example...

Which is equally bad to be honest, throwing money at some one just because they been good to you in the past is just bad practice, pre-orders and various pre-order bonuses are some of the worst things that happened to gaming in the past few years, it promotes lazy development and bad games.
    I have not lost any right at all thats just your own anger speaking there (anger for EA) If a product is bad i can voice my concern its a buyers right. I then will simply not buy a product from them again just like other companies (looking at you gearbox) who produce a turd of a product. I vote with my wallet. to suggest anyone loses any right is just self righteous bullshit. EA for me are treading a fine line. They produce some games I like (under their companies they own) but they also killed off some franchises that I really enjoyed. I will only buy a game should it really stand out. Looking at their last few games its unlikely.

I know pre-orders are a problem I don't do them anymore but I make an exception for those two companies. Why? Because they still produce very higher quality products. The moment they produce a turd my moneys not going their way. I can and will voice any complaints to them should I feel aggrieved. (thats valve and blizzard who so far still make great games)

Also when you say can he be sure hes funding something bad with EA. No you can never be sure. But should something arise that causes enough concern or disgust then you can always voice it and/or vote with your wallet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not lost any right at all thats just your own anger speaking there (anger for EA) If a product is bad i can voice my concern its a buyers right. I then will simply not buy a product from them again just like other companies .
    ...Except you have...when you said you already have issues with them, but you still buy their products anyways. So you have already admitted that you won't 'simply not buy a product from them again'. You've already done it.
    BAD WOLF

i don't agree with this statement.

Say you vote for your president (if you live in such country), you might globally agree with its political view but disagree on some point.
    It is your right (i'm no american, but i believe it's the first amendment) to voice your disagreement with said points.
    We don't get to vote if EA should make more day one DLC's though, if it was put up to a vote among gamers I'm quite sure of what the result would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    ...Except you have...when you said you already have issues with them, but you still buy their products anyways. So you have already admitted that you won't 'simply not buy a product from them again'. You've already done it.
    No I have not. Are you the authority on this matter? Are you the one who says we can and cannot have any right to complain about a product? Up until the ME3 ending I was content with the last games I bought from them. The issues I had with EA were westwood/bullfrog being closed down. After the diabolical ME3 ending and seeing sim city coming I decided not to buy from them until I can trust any product. So far i've kept that. Also people complaining about their games also got a free game due to the sim city launch going down the pan. (those who owned the new sim city that is)

So please tell me where i've lost any such right?

EA destroyed SWTOR, and gutted the Dragon Age franchise. Dragon Age had the potential to become the greatest franchise in all of gaming history, and EA obliterated it. Dragon Age Origins remains one of the best games I've ever played, DA2 one of the worst. A few months into DAO, I even remember talking with folks about how Dragon Age would likely culminate in an MMO- the world was incredibly expansive and the lore some of the best gaming had ever seen. We'll be lucky now if DA3 isn't a complete flop. Rest in peace, Bioware.

To gamers, EA truly is the worst.

I have not lost any right at all thats just your own anger speaking there (anger for EA) If a product is bad i can voice my concern its a buyers right. I then will simply not buy a product from them again just like other companies (looking at you gearbox) who produce a turd of a product. I vote with my wallet. to suggest anyone loses any right is just self righteous bullshit. EA for me are treading a fine line. They produce some games I like (under their companies they own) but they also killed off some franchises that I really enjoyed. I will only buy a game should it really stand out. Looking at their last few games its unlikely.
    No really, you lost that right, you can't for example on one had say "I don't approve of day one DLC" to then proceed to buy the game and expect to be taken serious, doesn't matter how long you wait and what discount you got, in th eend you are condoning the practice of day one DLC through your purchase.

I know pre-orders are a problem I don't do them anymore but I make an exception for those two companies. Why? Because they still produce very higher quality products. The moment they produce a turd my moneys not going their way. I can and will voice any complaints to them should I feel aggrieved. (thats valve and blizzard who so far still make great games)
    I'd disagree with Blizzard after D3 but hey I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion, either way pre-orders are still a bad practice, no matter how great their previous games where, at it's core it's begging to be shafted.

Also when you say can he be sure hes funding something bad with EA. No you can never be sure. But should something arise that causes enough concern or disgust then you can always voice it and/or vote with your wallet.
    So charging for action bars, day one DLC, always online as DRM to name a few doesn't cause concern or disgust enough for you?

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 03:34 PM ----------

Also people complaining about their games also got a free game due to the sim city launch going down the pan. (those who owned the new sim city that is)
    A free game that cost less then $5 at any Steam sale, and only because they refused to refund the purchases, something Amazon did for example.