Thread: [TV] Survivor

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Anyone excited for Caramoan? First episode is showing pretty soon (or has it already been shown?) I am so happy they brought Sheppard back. That guy was insane, in an entertaining way.
    Airs tomorrow...can't wait. Cant wait to see Phillip (Sheppard) be nutty again...can't wait to see Cochran be nerdy again...can't wait to see some of the gorgeous ladies in their skimpies again (BTW, why don't they release a "Survivor: UNCENSORED" dvd? lol)...only complaint I have is that it's too soon for malcolm to be back already...at least most of the other "favorites" are from TWO seasons ago or more...

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised they had the nerve to do a "favorites" season considering I haven't had any favorite contestants in a long time. I can't even really think of any of their names.. /shrug.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm pretty underwhelmed by this being a Fans vs 'Favorites' season. I was hoping for Malcolm to win his season; at this point he'd be the only "favorite" of this season (and yes, that's going to remain in quotation marks) I could see myself pulling for. Other than him, the selection is pretty weak. But at least it doesn't include Colton. Actually, if Phillip makes a late run, I'd forgive him the pink briefs which I'm sure the producers are making him wear again this season. I don't enjoy the character he plays, but I when he drops out of character, I like him.

The fans side has been promising. Laura came out of nowhere this week and appears to be one of the smarter players in a while. I'm hoping she lasts a long time. I'm afraid Shamar may be the guy that gets dragged all the way to the end as a goat, I hate that theme. The Sandra Bullock looking woman may well get a lot of mileage out of it though.

There were some really classic post-vote facial expressions at tribal this week. Laura and Eddie's were priceless.
    "Heh, that'll show you, 'cool kids table', to exclude us and assume inherent popularity can't be defeated by basic mathematics"
    "Uhhhh....could someone explain to me what just happened?"

Part of me feels bad for Allie, she probably did have a lot more game to play, but she didn't have the sense to realize that 4 was a smaller number than 6. They apparently slept on the beach together rather than with the rest of the group, and thought they were in control. What idiots. Come to think of it, I feel bad for Eddie too, he seems like a good guy, he's an EMT or something, thanked Shamar for his service when casting his vote, just wanted to hang out with the other pretty people on the beach. I don't remember him saying anything too obnoxious about it. Could they really have been dumb enough to do an obvious 'four popular kids' alliance?

Could they really have been dumb enough to do an obvious 'four popular kids' alliance?
    Do you honestly expect anything more from popular kids? It's funny how much they're just like big kids.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would expect more from any Survivor contestant and 'superfan'. They may be young, I'm pretty sure they've been exposed to the basics of mathematics and democracy, instead they seemed to think it was summer camp and that they'd be able to lead around 5 survivor votes by the nose.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me to find out that it was in fact more complicated than that, that they'd done more talking to some of the out-group kids than the edit showed. It shouldn't be that easy to blindside people. It was amusing television though, so I'm not complaining.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gotta hand it to Phillip; he annoyed Corinne into playing like a complete idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    Gotta hand it to Phillip; he annoyed Corinne into playing like a complete idiot.
    No joke. When she started to talk to Dawn I was like WHY??? She deserved to go home but I'm a little upset she completely jacked up Malcoms plans with her stupidity.

Good job completely burning the idol Malcolm... doop de doop doop.

And how much of a dick is he? He voted for the guy and then took his idol? What?

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Good job completely burning the idol Malcolm... doop de doop doop.

And how much of a dick is he? He voted for the guy and then took his idol? What?
    I lol'ed so hard when that happened...Malcolm is scared. Malcolm has an idol. Does Malcolm play his idol? Nope, he talks the guy he just voted for into giving him HIS idol. Genius.

I swear I read somewhere this show got canceled this season? Claiming someone died on the island. Can anyone confirm this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I swear I read somewhere this show got canceled this season? Claiming someone died on the island. Can anyone confirm this?
    Not that I've heard. It would have been pretty big news I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    It was the French adaptation of Survivor. A contestant died causing them to halt filming and then a week or so later one of the crew doctors commited suicide.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youvegotfail View Post
    It was the French adaptation of Survivor. A contestant died causing them to halt filming and then a week or so later one of the crew doctors commited suicide.
    Wow. That's messed up. Of course it's a pretty big risk, people have gotten really hurt before, I'm surprised no one has come closer. Especially some of the older players. The lack of nutrition coupled with age and possibly poor health could cause dangerous drops in blood pressure and heart attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Wow. That's messed up. Of course it's a pretty big risk, people have gotten really hurt before, I'm surprised no one has come closer. Especially some of the older players. The lack of nutrition coupled with age and possibly poor health could cause dangerous drops in blood pressure and heart attacks.
    A few seasons ago one of the contestants fainted from dehydration or heat exhaustion (can't remember which) in the middle of a contest and slammed his head into the wooden board they were playing on. It was pretty frightening. I think it was last season one of the contestants had to be evacuated for appendicitis. Those were pretty close calls.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    A few seasons ago one of the contestants fainted from dehydration or heat exhaustion (can't remember which) in the middle of a contest and slammed his head into the wooden board they were playing on. It was pretty frightening. I think it was last season one of the contestants had to be evacuated for appendicitis. Those were pretty close calls.
    That guy came back to play and stunk out big time though. Yeah, they have some close calls, but in reality (lol) they're pretty close to civilization. I read that a few seasons back they were only about 1.5km from a highway and you could see houses and stuff. They were actually driven to challenges that were done somewhere else.

So...this weeks episode was interesting. Most exciting tribal counsel so far this season (and actually in a few seasons, imo)...Now that Phillip is gone, what's gonna happen next?! I'd like to see Cochran step up and take the lead for once. That guy's my survivor hero! lol

Survivor got renewed back in March:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/03/2...girls-and-more

It still draws about 10 million a week and still gets a good chunk of the 18-49 demographic. The bigger question is how long has Jeff Prosbt going to continue hosting it. In previous interviews you can tell he's thought about leaving but has always signed on for another season(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Survivor got renewed back in March:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/03/2...girls-and-more

It still draws about 10 million a week and still gets a good chunk of the 18-49 demographic. The bigger question is how long has Jeff Prosbt going to continue hosting it. In previous interviews you can tell he's thought about leaving but has always signed on for another season(s).
    If Probst leaves I might not watch anymore. He's a fantastic host, pulls no punches and in general knows how to stir the pot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    If Probst leaves I might not watch anymore. He's a fantastic host, pulls no punches and in general knows how to stir the pot.
    I could go either way. He's not critical to the shows success I think. I doubt he would stop doing them though.

I don't know. I think Probst is to Survivor like Simon Cowell is to old American Idol. He is a really big part of what the show is. It just wouldn't feel the same without him. Like watching 2&1/2 Men with Ashton Kutcher instead of Charlie Sheen. It's weird.

I think it'd keep going downhill quickly every season post-Probst.